Elections

bbsam

Staff member
Christy looking to unite the country?! Oh,boy. Next you're gonna tell me Romney's gonna bring 3more million jobs 6 months after elected! By the way, what is his plan to do that beyond the cut taxes/regulation song and dance?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Christy looking to unite the country?! Oh,boy. Next you're gonna tell me Romney's gonna bring 3more million jobs 6 months after elected! By the way, what is his plan to do that beyond the cut taxes/regulation song and dance?
All the candidates have sites....maybe you should go check them all out and read everybody's plans. That's how I found out about 9-9-9.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Carney Yesterday: Obama Engaged In “Relatively Low Level” Of Campaigning – Obama Last Night: Rakes In $1.2 Million From Two Fundraisers, Three More Tomorrow…
If this is considered a “low level” of engagement then what the hell does a “high level” look like?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Because the campaign IS and SHOULD BE only about fashion !!!!!
Mooch Taps Favorite Fashion Designers To Join Obama Reelection Campaign…
Via US News:
The clothing industry’s top 22 designers favored by the nation’s first lady of fashion, Michelle Obama, are coming together to help the Obama-Biden campaign raise money and put a unique look on the 2012 effort.
Called “Runway to Win,” the “special pieces” that will be unveiled this week on the campaign’s First Access & Barack Obama site will be from designers like Jason Wu, who drew up the first lady’s eye-popping ivory-colored 2009 Inauguration gown, and Tory Burch, whose $495 leather and chain boots the first lady wore picking pumpkins right before Halloween 2010.

“Runway to Win is a collaborative effort of 22 top American designers who have created special pieces, including T-shirts, tote bags, scarves, a wristlet, in support of the president’s re-election campaign,” said Marti Adams, the Obama-Biden campaign’s director of event communications. “The online store is scheduled to launch on January 12. All proceeds from sales will go to Obama Victory Fund.”

Some reports say that Vogue editor and fashion queen Anna Wintour helped pick the designers for the effort

Babagounj

Strength through joy
*Democratic Presidential Primary - State Results (94 % Reporting)
**Barack Obama (Democrat)
Votes: 46530 Percentage: 82%

Other 13 Candidates (Democrat)
Votes: 10392 Percentage: 18%

Updated: January 11th, 2012 1:06:09 am

Primary - State Results (95 % Reporting)
**Mitt Romney (Republican)
Votes: 94252 Percentage: 39%
Ron Paul (Republican)
Votes: 54511 Percentage: 23%
Jon Huntsman (Republican)
Votes: 40388 Percentage: 17%
Newt Gingrich (Republican)
Votes: 22518 Percentage: 9%
Rick Santorum (Republican)
Votes: 22292 Percentage: 9%
Rick Perry (Republican)
Votes: 1668 Percentage: 1%
Other Candidates (Republican)
Votes: 1647 Percentage: 1%
Buddy Roemer (Republican)
Votes: 989 Percentage: 0%
Michele Bachmann (Republican)
Votes: 341 Percentage: 0%
Fred Karger (Republican)
Votes: 331 Percentage: 0%
Gary Johnson (Republican)
Votes: 175 Percentage: 0%
Herman Cain (Republican)
Votes: 148 Percentage: 0%
Updated: January 11th, 2012 1:22:38 am

Home � EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

moreluck

golden ticket member
I thinks it's funny overkill that Obama opened 7 offices in N.H..........that's more than all the GOP candidates combined !! He even wastes his campaign money....he doesn't know another way. Sad!

UPS Lifer

WOW! 9 months and 3 weeks left that we have to endure all of this.

After moving from Southern California to Northern Arizona, I noticed a sharp drop in political ads that hit the air ways. In California, I remember being bombarded by political ads all across the spectrum mostly coming from PACs for candidates and initiatives. 60-80% of the commercial ads were political in nature. This process starts in February and continues to ramp up to the Primary in June with a short lull and picks up a full head of steam until November.

In Arizona, the primary is in February, I have yet to see any commercials and we will probably get 40% in a 2 week span before the election in February. The ads completely drop off until late September except for Congressional races, the commercials might start a little earlier.

If there ever comes a time that brings a movement to limit commercial air-time of political ads to a two week period before each election, I would be a big supporter. I do realize that this is in direct violation to freedom of speech and capitalism but it would force candidates to concentrate on meeting with the public to get their message out. These smaller and earlier primary states get a real opportunity to see the candidates and be able to make an impact with many choices. By the time it gets to California, you are left with the last of the candidates and there is very little opportunity to meet them unless you are in the 1%!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
WOW! 9 months and 3 weeks left that we have to endure all of this.

After moving from Southern California to Northern Arizona, I noticed a sharp drop in political ads that hit the air ways. In California, I remember being bombarded by political ads all across the spectrum mostly coming from PACs for candidates and initiatives. 60-80% of the commercial ads were political in nature. This process starts in February and continues to ramp up to the Primary in June with a short lull and picks up a full head of steam until November.

In Arizona, the primary is in February, I have yet to see any commercials and we will probably get 40% in a 2 week span before the election in February. The ads completely drop off until late September except for Congressional races, the commercials might start a little earlier.

If there ever comes a time that brings a movement to limit commercial air-time of political ads to a two week period before each election, I would be a big supporter. I do realize that this is in direct violation to freedom of speech and capitalism but it would force candidates to concentrate on meeting with the public to get their message out. These smaller and earlier primary states get a real opportunity to see the candidates and be able to make an impact with many choices. By the time it gets to California, you are left with the last of the candidates and there is very little opportunity to meet them unless you are in the 1%!

There was such a law LIFER, and it started with REAGAN with campaign reform. Limits on money spent and such. But you can thank your beloved party of NO for going to the supreme court and opening the door to ridiculous amounts of unregulated cash by SUPERPACS that end up with millions of dollars in commercials on the airwaves.

Millions and Millions of dollars are flooding the airwaves in every state and yours will be NO different. By the end of this month, your television will be bombarded with right wing superpac ads and you can congratulate your own party for creating that.

Enjoy the show.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was such a law LIFER, and it started with REAGAN with campaign reform. Limits on money spent and such. But you can thank your beloved party of NO for going to the supreme court and opening the door to ridiculous amounts of unregulated cash by SUPERPACS that end up with millions of dollars in commercials on the airwaves.

Millions and Millions of dollars are flooding the airwaves in every state and yours will be NO different. By the end of this month, your television will be bombarded with right wing superpac ads and you can congratulate your own party for creating that.

Enjoy the show.

Peace.
Obama getting a billion $$ .....are you saying he's not gonna be happy with that??