Elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
Newt has no ground troops, in fact I don't think he thought he would get this far in any polls.
He thought about building up his name just enough to sell some books and be able to charge more for his speeches.

Romney has been planning this for years , he has his ground forces out here and they are working quite well.
Don't knock him about Romney Care, it's a mess here and it's not his fault.
Yes he did sign the bill, if he didn't the House was able to over ride him in a flash, but also note that most of the people standing behind him ( all D's ) when he signed it are either dead or currently in jail for corruption charges.
Whenever anyone mentions the Mitt-care as a negative I just say he addressed the 8% who had no medical ins. instead of 100% of the people getting it crammed down their throats.

So, Mitt care and Obama Care are 2 different animals..

Newt is making a big mistake when he claims he'll be the winner in S.C. or the nominee winner over all.......that comes off as more than confidence, but arrogance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
180649.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Newt has no ground troops, in fact I don't think he thought he would get this far in any polls.
He thought about building up his name just enough to sell some books and be able to charge more for his speeches.

Romney has been planning this for years , he has his ground forces out here and they are working quite well.
Don't knock him about Romney Care, it's a mess here and it's not his fault.
Yes he did sign the bill, if he didn't the House was able to over ride him in a flash, but also note that most of the people standing behind him ( all D's ) when he signed it are either dead or currently in jail for corruption charges.
Romney apologist lol

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thursday, December 29, 2011 @ 10:43 am | New Poll Finds Romney With Solid Lead Over Obama, 45% To 39%…

Via Rasmussen:
Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent in Rasmussen Reports surveying to date.

The latest national telephone survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the former Massachusetts governor, while 39% prefer the president. Ten percent (10%) like some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

moreluck

golden ticket member
December 30, 2011 @ 2:01 pm | Obamanomics: Only 55% of Americans Between Ages of 16 And 29 Have Jobs… The economic train wreck rolls on.
(CNN) — In 2008, the youth vote helped sweep Barack Obama into office. Americans 18-29 spread the word on social media, energized fundraising and went to the polls.

In 2012, the youth vote is moving on and throwing those omnipresent “Hope” bumper stickers and t-shirts in garbage bins.
Not because of apathy. Not because another candidate generates more enthusiasm. Not because of his character. Not because they think voting is pointless. The 18-29 vote is up for grabs in 2012 because youth can’t afford cars to put bumper stickers on and those t-shirts are worn out from too many days sitting on the couch unemployed.

The sobering reality: just 55.3 percent of Americans between 16 and 29 have jobs. And earlier this year, Americans’ student loan debt surpassed credit card debt for the first time ever.

Rather than develop a lasting initiative to help young unemployed Americans, the President launched “Greater Together” – a campaign tool that offers community forums rather than jobs. Rather than provide a bailout to those crushed by the burden of educational loans, his student debt relief program was pathetic – only reducing interest rates by a measly 0.5 percent

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tuesday, January 3, 2012 @ 10:09 pm | Mexican Grand Warlock Predicts Obama Loss In 2012…

Obama last seen frantically rushing toward his direct line to Beelzebub to double check the Grand Warlock’s work.
MEXICO CITY (AFP) — Mexico’s Grand Warlock predicted US President Barack Obama would fail to win re-election and two more Latin American leaders would be diagnosed with cancer, in a traditional New Year’s forecast Tuesday.

The Grand Warlock, or “Brujo Mayor” in Spanish, leads a Mexican tradition of “brujeria” or sorcery centered in the southeastern city of Catemaco.

The Grand Warlock, also known as Antonio Vazquez, said that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who claims to have beaten an unspecified cancer, would have a “terrible relapse.”

Argentina’s President Cristina Kirchner, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, former Brazilian leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and Paraguay’s Fernando Lugo have been diagnosed with cancer in recent years.

Chavez suggested last month that the spate of cancer among leftist leaders could be a US plot.
Keep reading…

Babagounj

Strength through joy
oops looks like somebody's name could be removed from Georgia's ballot.

[h=2]Georgia Judge Denies Obama’s Motion to Dismiss in Ballot Challenge »[/h]The Georgia Election Code (“the Code”) mandates that “[e]very candidate for federal and state office who is certified by the state executive committee of a political party or who files a notice of candidacy shall meet the constitutional and statutory qualifications for holding the office being sought.” O.C.G.A. § 21-2-5(a).

UPS Lifer

Well Bachmann is out. Personally, I am glad to see it. Initially my wife and I had a positive reaction to her candidacy. My wife, against my wishes, sent in a contribution to her campaign. As we have seen with other candidates, the closer you look the more things surface that you may not like.

I started to notice that every question she was asked had a canned response. If she didn't like the question (or could not answer it) she avoided it and gave a "canned" response. Sometimes the response did not come close to what was asked. When it was obvious that things were going south she kept saying that everything was pointing in the right direction. It was all a bunch of crap.

As her popularity and poll position started to drop, Bachmann started going after other Republicans. I have disdain for mud slinging politics and negative advertising.

As her money started to deplete, her volunteers were calling our home 3 or 4 times a day looking for more donations. I asked them to pull us off their list. Last week the calls started again! I knew that her money was running out and this was a last ditch effort to get more money. It was just a matter of time. Thank God Iowa saw through her.

Michelle can now go about concentrating on being a Congresswoman again. I wish her good luck in her future endeavors... just don't run for President in the near future...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, now Santorum is under the microscope.......we'll probably learn all sorts of things about him as the media dives into the resources available. However,Alan Colmes comments about Santorum & wife's handling of their newborn who died was heartless. I guess Colmes apologized, but I would not be a good Christian about it, I'd tell him to go to hell.

the Washington Post reported this in 2005.
Upon their son’s death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen’s parents’ home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Rick said his wife was a grief counselor and showing the children at home that they had a little brother, that he did exist, that he had a name, but that he died......helped them understand Gabriel was real.

Last edited:

texan

Well Bachmann is out. Personally, I am glad to see it. Initially my wife and I had a positive reaction to her candidacy. My wife, against my wishes, sent in a contribution to her campaign. As we have seen with other candidates, the closer you look the more things surface that you may not like.

I started to notice that every question she was asked had a canned response. If she didn't like the question (or could not answer it) she avoided it and gave a "canned" response. Sometimes the response did not come close to what was asked. When it was obvious that things were going south she kept saying that everything was pointing in the right direction. It was all a bunch of crap.

As her popularity and poll position started to drop, Bachmann started going after other Republicans. I have disdain for mud slinging politics and negative advertising.

As her money started to deplete, her volunteers were calling our home 3 or 4 times a day looking for more donations. I asked them to pull us off their list. Last week the calls started again! I knew that her money was running out and this was a last ditch effort to get more money. It was just a matter of time. Thank God Iowa saw through her.

Michelle can now go about concentrating on being a Congresswoman again. I wish her good luck in her future endeavors... just don't run for President in the near future...

Well said sir.

UPS Lifer

State of Union Address and Groundhog Day fall on same day in 2012

Groundhog Day and State of the Union are on February 12th, 2012...

This is an ironic juxtaposition of events.

One involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to an insignificant creature of little intelligence for prognostication.

...the other involves a groundhog!:rofl:

bbsam

Staff member
It is.

The State of the Union is scheduled for 1/24/12.

Let's not spoil his jokes with facts.

What if things improve in the next 6 months? Granted they won't be to early 2007 numbers, but seems like alot of indicators are looking up. Then I guess the right can only make jokes and cry about "regulation blah, blah, blah, and tax-cuts for the job creators". Not much of a winning campaign strategy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
What if things improve in the next 6 months? Granted they won't be to early 2007 numbers, but seems like alot of indicators are looking up. Then I guess the right can only make jokes and cry about "regulation blah, blah, blah, and tax-cuts for the job creators". Not much of a winning campaign strategy.

At least we should wait quietly 'til the seasonal effects are past. You know UPS, FDX and retailers all hire for the Xmas rush. Let's just wait and see where we are in Feb./March.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
At least we should wait quietly 'til the seasonal effects are past. You know UPS, FDX and retailers all hire for the Xmas rush. Let's just wait and see where we are in Feb./March.

Always nice to see americans praying that their country fails so they can applaud and call themselves PATRIOTS.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Always nice to see americans praying that their country fails so they can applaud and call themselves PATRIOTS.

Peace.
Where do you find FAIL in my words??? Don't put your dirty, filthy, hateful words in my mouth.............I'll puke them out and back onto you, the originator of them.