Elections

Nimnim

The Nim
The country is so divided that after Tuesday the lid is going to come off of this pressure cooker no matter what. We have only one person to blame for that and he is the occupant of the White House. God help us get through this....

Agreed, I'm very peaceful, but given the signs I'm going to have my rifle loaded in case the riots proposed by Obama supporters actually happen if Romney wins. I don't want violence, but only a fool won't be prepared for what could happen given the divisiveness. I don't even think Obama supporters would be safe either. Emotions and ignorance have just run too high, on both sides.

wkmac

I hope that if Romney wins the presidency, Americans will be reminded that wealth and the private-enterprise system are good things and should not be the subject of envy and scorn.----- Then again, I don’t expect much. No matter Tuesday’s results, I console myself, again, by Mencken: “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ------Civic Duty Vies With Cynicism as the 2012 Election Approaches ------ Civic Duty Vies With Cynicism as the 2012 Election Approaches - Reason.com --

Mencken also said:

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.

A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Saw a bunch of people tonight on TV that are absolutely looking like the cat that swallowed the canary!!
Ann C. was giddy discussing the outcome of the election tomorrow. Morris was still predicting a big win for Romney.

Sabato picked Obama.
Rudy says he's confident in Romney winning.
Rubio was on too.

It was very upbeat.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Saw a bunch of people tonight on TV that are absolutely looking like the cat that swallowed the canary!!
Ann C. was giddy discussing the outcome of the election tomorrow. Morris was still predicting a big win for Romney.

Sabato picked Obama.
Rudy says he's confident in Romney winning.
Rubio was on too.

It was very upbeat.

You saw them on TV? or FOX NEWS? First you start with a diversion, then repeat the talking heads.. RUDY..blah blah blah.. then try to minimize Larry Sabatos prediction of an OBAMA win.

In fact, of all the pollsters on fox television today, NONE of them picked Romney to win.. Only the talking heads are claiming a Romney win.

OOOOOh Ann Coulture predicts a romney win, 11 months after she claimed OBAMA would wipe the floor with romney... theres a person to bet the farm on.

Rudy G, a maroon, sounds like bugs bunny, failed in many attempts in politics and his marriage... another wonderful source for information. Gee, how many things has he been right on this year?? Lets see.. health care... ZERO, fast and furious... ZERO..... the election? ZERO.

You poor FOX fans, going down with the ship tomorrow.

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama's head was where it was at during his first term.....in the clouds with the stars.

Monday he was busy with Jay-Z and Springsteen while the victims of Sandy go without the necessities.

moreluck

golden ticket member
34flilj.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stay calm ???? What, until somebody gives the order ???? What does that even mean ???

All is well!
Via Politicker:
In a conference call this afternoon, President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign had one central message for their supporters when Election Day arrives tomorrow: They should “keep calm,” even if they hear snippets of information favoring Republican Mitt Romney.

“My warning, we need to stay calm for much of the day,” Stephanie Cutter, Mr. Obama’s deputy campaign manager, said, touting thousands of early ballots already submitted by voters. “We’ve already banked a pretty big portion of our vote.”

“Keep calm and tweet on,” Ms. Cutter said. “So, no matter what you hear tomorrow about turnout in Republican counties or exit polls, particularly early in the day, please remember and remind your readers that, because of early votes, we’re where we need to be to win….I don’t think there’s going to be official exits until the end of the day, but if things leak out that aren’t validated or weighted, please stay calm.”

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just came back from voting. Mine was the 77th ballot cast in that polling station, which had been open since 6am. It was early but I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Obama/Biden.

I think the one thing that we can all agree on is that we are all happy that this is finally almost over.

Nimnim

The Nim
Just got back from voting, got there about 15 minutes before polls opened and took about 40 minutes from line to leaving.

I did notice one thing I found odd though, there's always a line of signs near the precincts, no surprise there but what I found odd was there was not a single Obama sign in the signs at my precinct. This isn't advocating Obama or Romney, but how often do you not see the sign of one of the major presidential candidates?

Nimnim

The Nim
Just came back from voting. Mine was the 77th ballot cast in that polling station, which had been open since 6am. It was early but I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. Obama/Biden.

I think the one thing that we can all agree on is that we are all happy that this is finally almost over.

I was 38, and yes I agree. I'm glad it's over, for better or worse.

over9five

Staff member
Just got back from voting, got there about 15 minutes before polls opened and took about 40 minutes from line to leaving.

I did notice one thing I found odd though, there's always a line of signs near the precincts, no surprise there but what I found odd was there was not a single Obama sign in the signs at my precinct. This isn't advocating Obama or Romney, but how often do you not see the sign of one of the major presidential candidates?

There was not a single Obama OR Romney sign in front of our polling place.

wkmac

To play those millions of minds, to watch them slowly respond to unseen stimulus, to guide their aspirations without their knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble, is a big and endless game of chess, of extraordinary excitement.

Sidney Webb, founder of the Fabian Society and the London School of Economics

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Via Ed Morrissey at Hot Air:
So says Gannett’s Cincinnati.com, which has the data from the state government posted at its site this morning. I put the question mark on the data because I don’t see anything up yet at the Ohio Secretary of State’s website, but occasionally the media will get updates prior to the website. According to the data, Mitt Romney already has 697,143 votes before the polls opened a couple of hours ago, while Barack Obama only has 605,546, a difference of almost 92,000 votes. The data is time-stamped at 2:03 ET this morning, and the link on the front page of the site reads, “Early voters: How Ohio has voted.”