Elections

bbsam

Staff member
Or could it be that both parties have come closer to the center and the lines of distinction have become quite blurred.

I am a Democrat but I also like Chris Christie and would have no problem with him as our President.

I could see him as president as long as he didn't yell at people for asking questions. That gets old.

BrownArmy

I could see him as president as long as he didn't yell at people for asking questions. That gets old.

Actually, I wish Obama had a little 'Christie in him...

All the pre-electrical-media Presidents we revere, they wouldn't even make it past the primaries in this day and age.

I would love a Prez who would stick it to all the idiots...

As long as it's a media circus, let's have a good show!

Upsmule

How voting works......

the majority of Californians voted for no gay marriages. Some gay judge in San Francisco says, "but that's not fair". So they are making gay marriage OK as of Aug. 18th.

Why do we even bother to vote??????????????????:dissapointed:

That is a typical example where religion and politics mix.
Who says it's not ok to have gay marriages ? The Church and to some part the Bilble they claim.

I can't care less if they get married. Why not ?
I'm sure they love their partner just as much as hetro sexuals do.
And in my opinion have been getting robbed by not having the same tax or medical bennies as wife/hubby relationship has.

Agentina was the last country to allow same sex marriages (making it the 11th country to do so). Holland was the first, and other European countries followed, so did Canada.
I have nothing against it.

It;s their personal freedom, and discrimination against them if we don't allow it.

Oh if it were only that simple. But sadly....regardless of what a supreme court judge says, marriage is and always has been and always will be, between one man and one woman. Since the state kicked in the church door and got involved on the affairs of the church by requiring state marriage licenses - by all means, justice should be blind, and CIVIL UNIONS should provide the same states rights as marriage laws do to married couples, period. CHANGE THAT, not the definition of an age old biblical concept.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
5vbot0.jpg

island1fox

Oh if it were only that simple. But sadly....regardless of what a supreme court judge says, marriage is and always has been and always will be, between one man and one woman. Since the state kicked in the church door and got involved on the affairs of the church by requiring state marriage licenses - by all means, justice should be blind, and CIVIL UNIONS should provide the same states rights as marriage laws do to married couples, period. CHANGE THAT, not the definition of an age old biblical concept.

Ups,

I have been pointing out this fact for years and seems like a logical solution to stop all the hate.
People are straight and proud and people are gay and proud .

Straight will never be called gay and gay will never be called straight---we all agree on this.

The gay community should hold a national convention ---Name the "gay union" --like gayairrge. All the tax benfits and financial benefits --along with the responsibility and conseqences of a legal contract --dissolution etc. Name their own union ---not take the straight title.

When you take the traditional word out of it and the religious view --- It would pass on all State Ballots and we can move on .
Compromise is a compromise that all can live with.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why cannot they just call it what they wish. Marriage=man+woman
I am not going to make an example of a name, but I could think of some.
Marriage is what I did.
do what you want with whom you want, just call it something else. As far as the benefits side of it, its all changing with Obamacare. We are all going to pay through the anal orifice.

pretender

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why cannot they just call it what they wish. Marriage=man+woman

I am not going to make an example of a name, but I could think of some.
Marriage is what I did.
do what you want with whom you want, just call it something else. As far as the benefits side of it, its all changing with Obamacare. We are all going to pay through the anal orifice.

FUSION......good word for it !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a PT supervisor (no longer with the company) who had entered in to a civil union with her partner in New York; however, she and her partner were not afforded the same rights as married couples. They have since gone to Vermont to get married. New York recognizes these marriages and now they have the same rights as married couples.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't think "rights" is anything anyone is against......it's the word "marriage".

If you really want to see some of the struggle......watch Newlyweds: The First Year........the gay couple is having one problem after another......mostly financial. They were soooooooo in love when they were saying "let's get married." Now after 7 months it's bickering constantly over finance. It's an eye-opener. They live in CA., so they filed the domestic partnership papers.....even that is complicated.

The only ones benefitting from all of this is the lawyers!!

UPS Lifer

"Equality" - the state of being equal, in status, rights and opportunities.

There are those who do not believe in equality; I don't fit in that category.

In the '70's, I watched my wife perform a man's job and get inferior pay (half of what a man would get) to do the same job. This is when my mindset changed. It was tough to endure but it served me well working at UPS. I worked at UPS when only men worked in the hub.

I am not proud to say that I grew up believing this was a "man's" world.

I do believe in equality in all aspects of the meaning. However I think that there are 3 words (and the derivatives that denote sex), that have special meaning that cannot be taken any other way. To be clear, there should be no difference in legal definition for gay or lesbian civil unions. Nobody should be treated differently.

No one can dispute the difference between a man and a woman, but you can engage in a conversation about the word marriage and to a lesser extent the word wedding. To me, the word marriage is sacred and defines a heterosexual union.

I respect the rights of gay and lesbians to form and hold a civil union please respect my heterosexual feeling about the word marriage.

Differences are good. Diversity is good.

Nimnim

The Nim
I've always said, and I firmly believe, if people worked for the same "benefits" of marriage for civil unions. there'd be almost no resistance. It's the insistence to call it "marriage" that is causing the opposition.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The above would have way more credibility if the member who posted it didn't rely heavily on websites such as TMZ and WZ as the sources of her information.
WZ is a corral for AP, Reuters, ABC News, CBS News, FOX, CNN News, MSNBC News, Huffinton, etc .......so you think they are all lame ???? It is news from all sources all over the world.
Deal with it and quit your smart-ass pokes at all my posts......I'm just reporting everyone of them....let the mods sort it out.

Seems like I post, and you have a smart-ass comment..........get over it.