Excessive OT: is the time drawing near?

If the company resorts to *serious* discipline re: calling off on 6th punches will you still refuse?

• Yes

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Could be. I don't remember it but it wouldn't surprise me. What it usually is that confuses members is the 5 consecutive work day language. They take that to mean they get 2 consecutive days off.
I’m sure there’s gonna be a lot of clamoring for it to be added next contract lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can hear it now. Well the number one issue was 2 consecutive days off every week. The only way we could make that work was year round PVD.

ManInBrown

Or you may be crippled by then. Trust me my brother I like the big paychecks myself but your body can only take so much.
I watched far too many drivers leave this place not on their own time not because they got fired, but because they was permanently disabled
Bingo. You cannot work 70 hours a week 52 weeks a year In package because you want to retire by 41 and never work again. About the funniest sheet I’ve ever heard. Maybe if you have the route of a 30 year employee. You’ll be in a wheelchair.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
oie_animation.gif
Is that a 55 year patch??

Whither

Scofflaw
you drive the newer Freightliner package cars yet? They seem to strain a little on start up and the new gear selector doesn't shift as smooth as the older button on the side shifter. I like the new round headlights though.

My route just got a brand new Freightliner P-800. I agree with your assessments, but man it beats the hell out of the random 700s I was getting until I reminded the dispatcher that bid routes are supposed to have an assigned car. Fingers crossed this one won't have the transmission issues I've seen in the previous generation.

tramtwo

It's not that I won't do 6 days I can't. The dot rules for hours of service are really about just driving not about what we do! I can drive 6 days a week relatively easy... but delivering over 1200 stops with over 2000 packages as an 'easy' week. Sorry I'm just not built for that as a new norm. Burned my last option day today. We'll see what happens... I'll give them Saturday because that's much harder to fill than a Monday but I just cannot go 6 days a week.

Whither

Scofflaw
Welp, I called it as soon as I bumped into M-friend that the only change is Sat would be the day I had to call off. Got the ODS today 'required to work tomorrow' about 20 hours before my unscheduled punch, and per the Central Supplement (Art 12.6) the company has to give us a whopping 1 hour notice that we're forced to report. Which essentially makes us all on-call employees. Can anyone say TOOTHLESS CONTRACT? So tomorrow will make 4 call-offs (all 6th punches) in 6 weeks. What about you @Netsua 3:16?