Excessive OT: is the time drawing near?

If the company resorts to *serious* discipline re: calling off on 6th punches will you still refuse?

• Yes

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Lol, thanks but you definitely misunderstood my question brother. I called off for the second time in as many weeks.

<3 Your quote beneath your posts! <3
8924-d06545a806bbc29420b5a7b69e7e59f7.jpg

Whither

Scofflaw
Absolutely.

Your name is great haha. Every once in a while people bitch about very minor damages to their boxes (and ofc I'll always tag these 'POSSDMG') and I have to stifle laughter. I smile, like the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world, and explain the technicalities, then I proceed to tell them that, honestly, they're lucky, that box looks better than half I've already delivered.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Excessive OT? The volume in our center has tanked these past 2 weeks. 10 guys out on vacation and they're sending upwards of 5 guys home every day. Many routes are going out with barely 8 hours. I didn't punch out after 6:30pm this entire week.

Est.1998

Excessive OT? The volume in our center has tanked these past 2 weeks. 10 guys out on vacation and they're sending upwards of 5 guys home every day. Many routes are going out with barely 8 hours. I didn't punch out after 6:30pm this entire week.
Not here.
I clocked out everyday between 7:30pm-8pm
170-190 stops
300-400 pieces.
They even sent two guys from different zip codes to take off some stops.

Whither

Scofflaw
UPDATE: One year later, and mgmt at my building has finally begun threatening discipline for 6 punch call-ins. At least one driver has received a pending term over it so far. Grievance is yet to be heard. We still have plenty of drivers - including me - who refuse to sacrifice our well-being and our weekends because the company will not staff the operation.

Cowboy Mac

If they are forcing you in on Saturday, go in. Then file harassment for them not following seniority order and singling you out.

There is no way that every single driver with less seniority will be at work on Saturday.

Whither

Scofflaw
If they are forcing you in on Saturday, go in. Then file harassment for them not following seniority order and singling you out.

There is no way that every single driver with less seniority will be at work on Saturday.
They're not singling me out, although (imagine!) as usual they've had difficulty following the building-wide (3 centers here) and offer from top/force from bottom language. At least a couple Saturdays they've forced all RPCDs with less than 8 years seniority, but consistently those of us with less than 2.5 years.

I call in every time. After working ~15 six punches in a row as a rookie, I decided -- if the company gets serious re: discipline/decides to make an example -- that for me it's a hill worth dying on. Of course I'd fight it all the way to panel, but if I lost (and we have weak language in the Central) good riddance. I'm not going to keep every Saturday open and ruin my health for this company (or any company). Screw em.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They're not singling me out, although (imagine!) as usual they've had difficulty following the building-wide (3 centers here) and offer from top/force from bottom language. At least a couple Saturdays they've forced all RPCDs with less than 8 years seniority, but consistently those of us with less than 2.5 years.

I call in every time. After working ~15 six punches in a row as a rookie, I decided -- if the company gets serious re: discipline/decides to make an example -- that for me it's a hill worth dying on. Of course I'd fight it all the way to panel, but if I lost (and we have weak language in the Central) good riddance. I'm not going to keep every Saturday open and ruin my health for this company (or any company). Screw em.

Keep up the good fight, brother.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I’ve been on vacation for a week and a half. Yesterday my wife said “this had been so nice. I’m ready for you to quit”

Off the leash

They tried to make me work a Saturday once that was a Christmas Eve, I said I had to take care of my son. Never worked but someone used my Diad and didn’t change my name, I ended up getting 4 hrs pay for sleeping in bed. And it rained all day too!