Express handing resi deliveries to Ground

MAKAVELI

Banned
Do you think X made this announcement to affect 42 packages per day, give or take a dozen?
Think for a moment how the National announcement actually radically moved the stock price.
Now ask yourself why bigwigs are so severely downplaying that announcement. How does that make sense? Did most of your station feel pacified after the meeting? You were meant to.
They are definitely downplaying it to keep drivers from leaving in droves. If anyone bought that BS, I got some beachfront property in AZ to sell them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
OK, then give us a list of all the deadweight positions in Memphis, the duties that those who hold those positions are supposed to be doing, how many of them should be cut, and how you'll distribute their work to those who remain.

You keep bringing this up so I'm sure you know exactly what you're talking about.
I'll be glad to after you provide a list of all the couriers that you feel aren't performing like Superman everyday.

In the meantime, go play with your Etch-A-Sketch to make your worthless graphs that obviously haven't done the company any good.

El Morado Diablo

Station definitely was not pacified. I truly believe that in the end, anything and everything that they can take off an Express truck and and put on a ground truck, they will.

There is no way they put out a chart showing how much stuff they are going to move from Express to Ground and not have a HUGE impact on Express staffing & hours.

Remember when they were bragging about offering low rates to shippers to keep packages in the Express system just for the benefit of employees? Ya, right.....You can't believe anything that comes out of their mouths.

My manager was visibly shaken discussing the news to our workgroup this morning. The entire management team is already looking over their shoulder wondering if they are going to have a job because they expect the hourly workforce to shrink and with it a certain number of management jobs.

They can blow the station's yearly budget on food before the SFA -- it won't help and I can't wait for the follow-up meetings this year.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I think SFA is going to be a memory soon.
We've all been expecting Express as we know it to end this way for years, its the station level manamgement with the blinders on now.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sounds like they sent those VP's from Memphis to Greensboro to sugarcoat the situation.

I wouldn't believe anything those guys say.

bacha29

Anyone ever told you that you make the dumbest arguments imaginable? As part of your reasoning that he shouldn't live in Albania, you're going to cite World Wars 1 and 2?

Lamont, you are a big dummy.
Lamont huh? Your racism is starting is showing,

bacha29

Shot...

Chaser.

LOL, you're full of crap. Best estimates of the USSR's priority targets were that their attacks would have to be nearly flawless in execution and result to have any impact on our response.

Though I appreciate your flair for the dramatic.
Child, back then Russian nukes didn't have to be very accurate . Why? Because they were very big and they had plenty of them

bacha29

I'll be glad to after you provide a list of all the couriers that you feel aren't performing like Superman everyday.

In the meantime, go play with your Etch-A-Sketch to make your worthless graphs that obviously haven't done the company any good.
Tell Child to remember to take his Lego's along with him when he leaves.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I put it hand in hand. Couriers didn't want to be held to high standards and their bosses didn't want to hold them to high standards. When management and couriers don't work together to take care of the things that they can control, and are content to be stagnant, someone else will do it for them.

And here we are!
Are these the same standards that Ground couriers are held to?

It will be fine

Are these the same standards that Ground couriers are held to?
In terms of productivity we are probably held to much higher standards than Express. If our drivers aren’t productive we can’t make payroll. Customer service standards are likely lower on average but that comes with the productivity.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
In terms of productivity we are probably held to much higher standards than Express. If our drivers aren’t productive we can’t make payroll. Customer service standards are likely lower on average but that comes with the productivity.
Express couriers are forced into lower productivity results because of multiple time commitments every day, as well as on calls with 1 hour windows.

You’ll see.

It will be fine

Express couriers are forced into lower productivity results because of multiple time commitments every day, as well as on calls with 1 hour windows.

You’ll see.
I think lack of density drives productivity down for Express. Too few trucks covering too large of an area makes those commits harder to hit.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I think lack of density drives productivity down for Express. Too few trucks covering too large of an area makes those commits harder to hit.
And now they will making routes even less dense. This move is using Express for same day pu for ground while making Express less productive. Not sure this will work out like they think it will.

vantexan

The routes are tweaked to get as much productivity as possible in a certain amount of time, which for many stations means being back to the station in time to hand off outbound if not actually working the reload. Putting more vehicles on Express routes turns everyone into part time.

MassWineGuy

...and only certain eligible p2 packages will go to Ground. No phones, laptops, DSRs, etc.

You know, you make an excellent and provocative point. Will all the specialized p2s you listed remain with Express? I can see lots of disasters otherwise. Phones and other high-priced electronics just being left and then either claimed or actually stolen.

I can’t see going through the time and expense of trading Ground staff to deliver these. So maybe there will be plenty of P2s for Express.

I haven’t heard word one at my station about this transition. But a few weeks ago a manager described to me what the plan was, so at least some folks knew about it.

I 100% I worked with ground for over 6 years and if we weren't in 99% almost daily we were getting questioned on 04s and everything....had to have answers for everything.

When I came to express it was completely opposite... They have stop per hour quotas but being an ex ground driver their quotas where extremely low to what they should be. Not only that they didnt questions anything....if you have a bad address they'll send you correct one quickly....business closed ohwell move on lol