Express handing resi deliveries to Ground

MassWineGuy

Another scenario I think is quite possible is that Ground will implode from all the increased volume. In my area, business customers were livid during peak about how they were being screw*d by Ground not showing up for pickups. Seems like they’re already overburdened.

Serf

Another scenario I think is quite possible is that Ground will implode from all the increased volume. In my area, business customers were livid during peak about how they were being screw*d by Ground not showing up for pickups. Seems like they’re already overburdened.
I agree, a lot of people shaking heads in our northeast are of operations. “Ground can barley handle what they have now.” How will they take on more?

HedleyLamarr

There is a person at my station who worked at Ground for years, and he insists there is no way Ground is taking all Express deliveries because they can't handle it. He has seen Ground first-hand; they can't handle the freight they have, there is no way FedEx will shut down Express and give everything to Ground. He tells me to stop being such a Debbie Downer. Sigh.

So depressing, I had just started a 4 10 route and I love it!

It will be fine

There is a person at my station who worked at Ground for years, and he insists there is no way Ground is taking all Express deliveries because they can't handle it. He has seen Ground first-hand; they can't handle the freight they have, there is no way FedEx will shut down Express and give everything to Ground. He tells me to stop being such a Debbie Downer. Sigh.

So depressing, I had just started a 4 10 route and I love it!
Well I’m sure a random former Ground driver has a better handle on the capacity of the Ground network than the executives do. There will be pockets of service that can’t handle it. It’s not going to be difficult to turn certain zip codes off and keep that volume with Express, but that will be short term while adjustments are made.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, I guess it'll be based on the area.

As 2 of you already expressed that your local ground terminals are already stretched thin (including my area as well)... so those FXE terminals would get to keep their cargo in house

Serf

Make no mistake about it. However long it takes the Ground Network to figure it out....that is the future to turn profit. Express as a premier overnight service & B2B. Militarily one might say Express serves as a niche force to support and sustain Ground Operations.

It will be fine

Yup, I guess it'll be based on the area.

As 2 of you already expressed that your local ground terminals are already stretched thin (including my area as well)... so those FXE terminals would get to keep their cargo in house
Double dispatch is coming soon everywhere. Residential routes will be pulling out around 11. There’s plenty of capacity to squeeze out of the terminals.

Swngdrvr

Even if ground can't handle the volume as currently staffed, it will always be cheaper to add ground employees than to keep paying express employees that are topped out. So it's just a matter of *when* ground will be able to handle it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Double dispatch is coming soon everywhere. Residential routes will be pulling out around 11. There’s plenty of capacity to squeeze out of the terminals.

we're already doing that now at the 2 terminals in my state! Ground bulk trucks and p1000 p1200 step vans with primarily B2B gets loaded and dispatched first

HD (mostly resis, with some bus mixed in by accident) gets piled on pallets/ carts for us to preload ourselves

Serf

Even if ground can't handle the volume as currently staffed, it will always be cheaper to add ground employees than to keep paying express employees that are topped out. So it's just a matter of *when* ground will be able to handle it.
Agree. And Express folks that dream of the mythical top pay steps are null and void. Who cares if you’re making 32$ an hr. You are only working 19 hours a week!

bacha29

And the success of this desperate "Hail Mary" which in some ways might be compared to the Nazi "final solution" is being dumped onto some of the lowest paid drivers in the company's entire transportation network.
Don't be deceived by what you're being told about ground grunt pay. To make it look better some contractors push all the available cash up front but there's nothing on the back side in terms of a benefit plan that can protect their employees in the event of a catastrophic injury or illness Therefore if something happens and as a result they're not front and center every morning to take their place on the chain gang......they're simply disposed of.

It's simply insane to ponder even for a moment the expectation that people in these employment terms and conditions are actually going to cheerfully give a flying face friend#llatio about job performance . And don't even try to talk to them about matters regarding the future.......because they don't have one.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And the success of this desperate "Hail Mary" which in some ways might be compared to the Nazi "final solution" is being dumped onto some of the lowest paid drivers in the company's entire transportation network.
Don't be deceived by what you're being told about ground grunt pay. To make it look better some contractors push all the available cash up front but there's nothing on the back side in terms of a benefit plan that can protect their employees in the event of a catastrophic injury or illness Therefore if something happens and as a result they're not front and center every morning to take their place on the chain gang......they're simply disposed of.

It's simply insane to ponder even for a moment the expectation that people in these employment terms and conditions are actually going to cheerfully give a flying face friend#llatio about job performance . And don't even try to talk to them about matters regarding the future.......because they don't have one.
Exaggerate much?

dezguy

Thanks for letting everyone know never to take anything you say with a grain of credibility.

My lord....