FBI Raids Mar-a-lago

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Hmmm okay Rosenzweig, please show me in the US Constitution where the Executive authority himself is beholden to administrative rules

I won't hold my breath
Can you please direct me to the part of the Constitution that says a President can declassify documents "just by thinking about it?"

Can you direct me to the part of the Constitution that over rides the Presidendtial Records act of 1978?

Can you direct me to the part of the Constitution that okays an individual claiming private ownership of documents that are property of the US Government?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We'll see when it goes to SCOTUS

Lots of laws on the books can't be upheld to SCOTUS review
The Presidential Records Act of 1978 established pretty clear guidelines on the No NO's of Private Ownership of Documents that are declared property of the US Government.

This act was made after Nixon wanted his tapes back and they were declared Property of the US Government,not Nixon's.
I highly doubt the authors of this act could ever forsee a Former President stealing such sensitive documents,tRump makes Nixon look like a Choirboy

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
who was the head of that government when he acquired those documents?

it does address whether trump had classified documents. A different spin does not change that point. declassifying allows public access and acquistion of those documents. its not a question of personal ownership but public access and Trump is entitled to have public ownership of declassified documents as a member of the public.

Broad reaching argument above and beyond the purpose of the review by the 11th.

Trumps request for a special master is specifically to protect confidential attorney /client documents. It was not to argue whether medical documents are classified or not and was again beyond the scope of the review.

Not true . declassified documents are routinely given to journalist under FOIA request and the government does not then retain ownership of those documents. If the government did continue to maintain sole ownership of those documents then they were never really declassified by them. The president as the highest authority has not only the right to declassify any document he wants however he wants but also to allow public access and ownership of those documents.
Stuff and Nonesense.
The 11th Circuit commented there was no valid reason for tRump to have " Personal Interest " in these documents. It was even declared that the entire classified/declassified arguemnts was a 'Red Herring" as he had no right nor reason to have the documents.
“In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it personal.” Now, Dearie is challenging Cannon over permissions she apparently eliminated after the 11th Circuit’s ruling that allowed Dearie to submit interim reports and recommendations related to his work on the case. Eliminating those possibilities could functionally limit the special master’s impact.

“In the original Appointing Order, the Court directed that “the Special Master shall submit interim reports and recommendations as appropriate. Upon receipt and resolution of any interim reports and recommendations, the Court will consider prompt adjustments to the Court’s orders as necessary,”” Dearie said in a Tuesday court filing. “However, the Court later struck that language as part of its order implementing an unrelated ruling by the Eleventh Circuit. As the language quoted above as to interim reports and adjustments to prior orders is consistent with the Eleventh Circuit’s ruling and the efficient administration of the Appointing Order as amended, the undersigned respectfully recommends that the Court issue an order reinstating that language.” Dearie has a deadline of later this year after the November elections.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Can you please direct me to the part of the Constitution that says a President can declassify documents "just by thinking about it?"

Can you direct me to the part of the Constitution that over rides the Presidendtial Records act of 1978?

Can you direct me to the part of the Constitution that okays an individual claiming private ownership of documents that are property of the US Government?
classification itself is a function of the Executive, therefore he has supreme authority over it; get it yet? just like with Clinton, they will never get anything about the classification to stick and they know it because when push comes to shove, they're all meaningless rules to the President

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
classification itself is a function of the Executive, therefore he has supreme authority over it; get it yet? just like with Clinton, they will never get anything about the classification to stick and they know it because when push comes to shove, they're all meaningless rules to the President
The president certainly has the power to declassify,BUT there is a process to be followed,agencies have to be notified. It;s a bit more than declaring them declassified or doing it just by thinking about it.

The Special Master handpicked by tRump is on record saying if proof isnt provided of Declassification, he will assume they are classified . He also stated that tRump's lawyers have not testified under oath that they are declassified:

Judge Raymond Dearie, the special master overseeing the seizure of documents from Mar-a-Lago, signaled on Tuesday to lawyers for former President Donald Trump that if they don’t make a case that any of the documents were declassified, he would determine that they’re classified.

Out of court, Trump has pushed the claim he declassified all the documents, and his lawyers have raised that possibility in court papers, though they have never explicitly argued that anything was declassified.

Federal prosecutors have argued for weeks that documents seized from Mar-a-Lago that contain classification markings – like “top secret” – should be treated as if they are classified.

During a hearing Tuesday, Dearie essentially called Trump’s bluff by pointing out that Trump’s lawyers haven’t yet provided any proof of declassification.

“If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don’t advance any claim of declassification, I’m left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,” Dearie said.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Nixon was a far worse President, and it shows how delusional you are that you can't see past your obsession with him to recognize that

Nixon literally ruined our financial system and foreign policy TO THIS DAY; at most Trump will be remembered for an angry protest and hurting everyones feelings

not the same ballpark, not even the same :censored2:ing sport
anywas,regardless of who was worse the 1978 Presidential Records act is very very clear on what is personal and what is not when it comes to Documents

newfie

Stuff and Nonesense.
The 11th Circuit commented there was no valid reason for tRump to have " Personal Interest "
that would be counter to how other presidents have been treated.

every ex president accept Trump is not a law and wont withstand scotus scrutiny.

newfie

anywas,regardless of who was worse the 1978 Presidential Records act is very very clear on what is personal and what is not when it comes to Documents
its not . Thats why every president since 1978 has had this battle with NARA over those documents.

newfie

1664408287808.png

floridays

No one used a gun..except the trigger happy capitol cop...

Some revolution...
Let's use his name, the hero of the great insurrection of 2021
He deserves to go down in American folklore no different than Davey Crockett and Daniel Boone.

The only shot fired during the great insurrection was fired by Capitol Police Lieutenant Michael Byrd. One shot one kill, he singlehandedly saved the Republic that day.

Actually the only firearms on the grounds that day can be attributed to law enforcement.

Some revolution.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Let's use his name, the hero of the great insurrection of 2021
He deserves to go down in American folklore no different than Davey Crockett and Daniel Boone.

The only shot fired during the great insurrection was fired by Capitol Police Lieutenant Michael Byrd. One shot one kill, he singlehandedly saved the Republic that day.

Actually the only firearms on the grounds that day can be attributed to law enforcement.

Some revolution.
Ashley babbit is the absolute winner of Eff Around and Find Out.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
the president waits on no process. If he did someone who manages that process would have a higher declassification authority than the president.
again wrong. i am not going to rehash this just for you but i educated you long ago on the process involved.

I TRULY hope tRump's lawyers testify under oath that tRump can declassify just by thinking of it

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The president certainly has the power to declassify,BUT there is a process to be followed,agencies have to be notified. It;s a bit more than declaring them declassified or doing it just by thinking about it.

The Special Master handpicked by tRump is on record saying if proof isnt provided of Declassification, he will assume they are classified . He also stated that tRump's lawyers have not testified under oath that they are declassified:

Judge Raymond Dearie, the special master overseeing the seizure of documents from Mar-a-Lago, signaled on Tuesday to lawyers for former President Donald Trump that if they don’t make a case that any of the documents were declassified, he would determine that they’re classified.

Out of court, Trump has pushed the claim he declassified all the documents, and his lawyers have raised that possibility in court papers, though they have never explicitly argued that anything was declassified.

Federal prosecutors have argued for weeks that documents seized from Mar-a-Lago that contain classification markings – like “top secret” – should be treated as if they are classified.

During a hearing Tuesday, Dearie essentially called Trump’s bluff by pointing out that Trump’s lawyers haven’t yet provided any proof of declassification.

“If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don’t advance any claim of declassification, I’m left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s the end of it,” Dearie said.
blah blah blah, none of that legal crap matters because ultimately he has the Constitutional authority

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
blah blah blah, none of that legal crap matters because ultimately he has the Constitutional authority
Sure he has authority, I have never questioned that. But as i have stated (as well as proved proved many pages back) there is a vast process to declassification. Your idea that the president can declassify Tp Secret Documents without following this process is simply incorrect.

Also regarding Top Secret Documents ( as i have stated and proves many many MANY times) it's a moot point of the Classification status. It is illegal to possess these documents outside an approved NARA location.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Sure he has authority, I have never questioned that. But as i have stated (as well as proved proved many pages back) there is a vast process to declassification. Your idea that the president can declassify Tp Secret Documents without following this process is simply incorrect.

Also regarding Top Secret Documents ( as i have stated and proves many many MANY times) it's a moot point of the Classification status. It is illegal to possess these documents outside an approved NARA location.
not only is the "process to declassify" so far beneath the authority of the President, but this was already dealt with in court under Clinton, and the President won

i'll be up front, i think the very idea of classified documents is un-American to the extreme, so i don't have much sympathy; he would have been a hero to me if he'd not been bullied by Republican senators into doing a lot of declassification he said he'd do on the way out

newfie

again wrong. i am not going to rehash this just for you but i educated you long ago on the process involved.

I TRULY hope tRump's lawyers testify under oath that tRump can declassify just by thinking of it
lawyers present a case they don't testify as witnesses. you're out of your league here with this desperate argument.