FedEx contractor revolt?

It will be fine

Just going by what he's saying. It's not about money.

No one doubts that he's bright and has had a lot of success. Being one of the largest Ground contractors in the country and being "the guy" who was going to lead other contractors into battle with FDX was a big deal to him and those who believed in him. FedEx took his routes, said they weren't going to negotiate with third parties, and filed a lawsuit (that may not amount to anything) against him.

He's reeling. He did not expect anything like this. It's not about money, but about whatever purpose he had for himself and having it vaporized.
You don’t think Spencer understood getting his contracts pulled was a possible outcome? From what FedEx has said about it so far, it was done in retaliation for his public statements. My guess is he gets a nice settlement out of the deal.

floridays

If nobody cares, how much trouble is he making?
I don't buy dano's :poop: .Ground cares and he scared the :poop: out of them. They think they cut off the head of the snake. I say it's doubtful.

I thought you knew what corner I was on.
My post from was Ground's. view.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't buy dano's :poop: .Ground cares and he scared the :poop: out of them. They think they cut off the head of the snake. I say it's doubtful.

I thought you knew what corner I was on.
My post from was Ground's. view.
They should be scared. They should be terrified that their scare tactics don’t work anymore. They’ve mishandled everything about the mess from the beginning and at every opportunity the dig their hole deeper.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
You don’t think Spencer understood getting his contracts pulled was a possible outcome? From what FedEx has said about it so far, it was done in retaliation for his public statements. My guess is he gets a nice settlement out of the deal.
I don’t know about the settlement part. It would have to be astronomical in my opinion. It would come wit an NDA. Spencer’s future business ventures in this realm would dwarf whatever Ground would be willing to pay.

Mutineer

Mak, the one thing you cannot have on a delivery/pickup route are transitional employees.
The rapid advances in hand-held electronics, and a bumper crop of stooge labor residing in the fertile loins of newly arrived third-worlders makes that assertion quaint.
The disparity between the value contractors/FXG demands from route drivers and what they offer in return is only going to get you transitional workers.
Sadly, that standard seems to work well enough for very many large companies
Outside of FedEx and contractors, no one cares.
If/when the numbers fall, investors will care.

fedx

Extra Large Package

Spencer knew he was going out on a limb and taking a big chance speaking out about the Ground problems to the public. He took the lead in a risky maneuver that cost him his FedEx contracts. He should be commended for saying and doing what everyone else was thinking.

bacha29

ROTFLMAO, all from this very discussion.
Well Dano, it you want somebody who will come to work everyday, drug free and sober, dressed in a presentable manner, goes out there everyday in all kinds of weather and still finds a way to work productively, takes governance and responsibility over what happens out there, knows how to operate in an increasingly stressed and dangerous environment without getting gunned down and the people he meets on a daily basis like him as a person....then Dano, you're going to have to embrace the well being of that person and his or her family in the same way you want them to embrace yours.

Clearly the mindset of your company is one whereby any old half butt thing is good enough as long as you can get by with it and you don't have to pay good money to get it, I get that know.

That explains why you're employed by FDX.

zeev

I was talking to Ground contractor he said my trucks are worth a lot, I’m not making anything what should I do. I told him sell the trucks, drive for Walmart, invest the rest in Tesla, he said that sounds like a plan. If FedEx is not passing the fuel surcharge on to the line haul these contractors will disappear real soon, they will not be complaining here, they will be long gone.

bacha29

I was talking to Ground contractor he said my trucks are worth a lot, I’m not making anything what should I do. I told him sell the trucks, drive for Walmart, invest the rest in Tesla, he said that sounds like a plan. If FedEx is not passing the fuel surcharge on to the line haul these contractors will disappear real soon, they will not be complaining here, they will be long gone.
Own trucks? Then you are the proud owner of one of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the US economy. About a dozen years ago Ground got caught shortchanging contractors on over weights and fuel surcharges. And so from a fuel surcharge standpoint they are back at it again. I think they've labeled now "revenue integrity" .

From a contractors perspective it has always been that way with FDX/FXG. They'll beat you anyway they can if they think they can get away with it while still pressuring you to spend even more money on the venture.

yadig

Well Dano, it you want somebody who will come to work everyday, drug free and sober, dressed in a presentable manner, goes out there everyday in all kinds of weather and still finds a way to work productively, takes governance and responsibility over what happens out there, knows how to operate in an increasingly stressed and dangerous environment without getting gunned down and the people he meets on a daily basis like him as a person....then Dano, you're going to have to embrace the well being of that person and his or her family in the same way you want them to embrace yours.

Clearly the mindset of your company is one whereby any old half butt thing is good enough as long as you can get by with it and you don't have to pay good money to get it, I get that know.

That explains why you're employed by FDX.

Dano will never get that! He thinks truck drivers are lazy idiots! She compares them to a tug driver at the hub. If she was being honest and truthful the ground model is failing and express has a workforce now of low morale. I was thinking they would go full on contractor model at express until the recent ground issues. I think a wrench has been thrown into their plans. I’m not sure they even know what they wanna do now

zeev

Own trucks? Then you are the proud owner of one of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the US economy. About a dozen years ago Ground got caught shortchanging contractors on over weights and fuel surcharges. And so from a fuel surcharge standpoint they are back at it again. I think they've labeled now "revenue integrity" .

From a contractors perspective it has always been that way with FDX/FXG. They'll beat you anyway they can if they think they can get away with it while still pressuring you to spend even more money on the venture.
Class 8 tractors that pull trailers not the step vans prices are very high for used equipment. For line haul many other opportunities.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just going by what he's saying. It's not about money.

No one doubts that he's bright and has had a lot of success. Being one of the largest Ground contractors in the country and being "the guy" who was going to lead other contractors into battle with FDX was a big deal to him and those who believed in him. FedEx took his routes, said they weren't going to negotiate with third parties, and filed a lawsuit (that may not amount to anything) against him.

He's reeling. He did not expect anything like this. It's not about money, but about whatever purpose he had for himself and having it vaporized.
War ain’t over yet. As much as you want to believe it is. Sorry this hurts your feelings.

bacha29

Class 8 tractors that pull trailers not the step vans prices are very high for used equipment. For line haul many other opportunities.
While perhaps a bit slower rate than steps, cutaways, and panels, they still lose value and some freight companies will not lease with power units that are more than a few years old.