FedEx contractor revolt?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Their base allegations are in the complaint. We know FedEx has no real ground to stand on, but they are litigious bullies and they will drag this on and incur major legal bills, just to make an example of Patton and instill fear in other contractors. The rubicon has been crossed after this latest battle. There is no going back now.
955722B6-54F2-4D56-B68F-6A1537D0E617.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Gone fishin

Amazon buys fedex runs UPS model delivery system. Headline ?

bacha29

Ok. Other than wild fantasy, has there been a shred of information suggesting that Amazon would buy FedEx?
Even if they were able to strike a deal to buy FDX or even just FDX Ground, the antitrust attorney's would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Nevertheless, it's only a matter of time until the FDX board of directors orders management produce a final solution to the annoying little problem called FDX Ground.

bbsam

Staff member
Even if they were able to strike a deal to buy FDX or even just FDX Ground, the antitrust attorney's would be all over it in a heartbeat.

Nevertheless, it's only a matter of time until the FDX board of directors orders management produce a final solution to the annoying little problem called FDX Ground.
With your vast knowledge and insight so far on the “little problem” what do you believe the final solution is? I mean, you’ve been wrong at every turn so far so I’d like to know what’s not about to happen.🤣

bacha29

With your vast knowledge and insight so far on the “little problem” what do you believe the final solution is? I mean, you’ve been wrong at every turn so far so I’d like to know what’s not about to happen.🤣
And yet you still talk about this mass contractor departure, and how it's going to have a devastating effect on FXG operations. How did that work out for you? As long as entrance into the trucking sector of the economy remains easy and relatively cheap compared to the far more difficult sectors of the economy there will still be enough takers of the deal to meet their needs. After all what is more hypocritical and contrary to what you've been saying that your eager acceptance of contingency cash?

MassWineGuy

Wow, you said it! And solve it in a way that won’t kill the golden goose.

zeev

They’re not a delivery company?
Amazon contract with shipper you send us your product and we distribute to our warehouse based on what our data shows the demand is in that area. 12 different trucking companies show up with pallets for that location. Delivered from there by the worker ants. FedEx picks up individual packages at location than ships from truck to sort individual packages, more costly, more damaging. Amazon just much more efficient model.

bbsam

Staff member
And yet you still talk about this mass contractor departure, and how it's going to have a devastating effect on FXG operations. How did that work out for you? As long as entrance into the trucking sector of the economy remains easy and relatively cheap compared to the far more difficult sectors of the economy there will still be enough takers of the deal to meet their needs. After all what is more hypocritical and contrary to what you've been saying that your eager acceptance of contingency cash?
It’s September 5th. ERC checks are beginning to roll in. Why do you believe we’ve passed the point of massive contractor exodus? Do you think people coming in are somehow able to make the crappy contracts work where well seasoned contractors are failing?

And I’ll absolutely take the contingency money. Why wouldn’t I? I’m not bent on destroying the company. I want the company to be something that’s profitable for me to be involved with. Contingency makes the possible. If and when it goes away, so do I. Honestly, I think that’s the case for everyone doing contingency. If the company decides tomorrow not to pay it out anymore, contractors would stop doing it. If the company decides that contingency is their “solution” I’ll continue to cash the checks.

It’s September 5th. ERC checks are beginning to roll in. Why do you believe we’ve passed the point of massive contractor exodus? Do you think people coming in are somehow able to make the crappy contracts work where well seasoned contractors are failing?

And I’ll absolutely take the contingency money. Why wouldn’t I? I’m not bent on destroying the company. I want the company to be something that’s profitable for me to be involved with. Contingency makes the possible. If and when it goes away, so do I. Honestly, I think that’s the case for everyone doing contingency. If the company decides tomorrow not to pay it out anymore, contractors would stop doing it. If the company decides that contingency is their “solution” I’ll continue to cash the checks.
erc is why we're leaving it gives us enough of a cushion with fleet sales to bail out and move on to greener pastures.

also your more than welcome to run contingency in our 3600 square mile territory for 1000 stops or so a day average.

bbsam

Staff member
erc is why we're leaving it gives us enough of a cushion with fleet sales to bail out and move on to greener pastures.

also your more than welcome to run contingency in our 3600 square mile territory for 1000 stops or so a day average.
Exactly.

Through a series of odd happenings I’m running contingency on about 700 stops per day that I used to have associated with my contract.

I have no illusions that I’ll be here long term but right now the money is good and the money is easy. We’ll see where we get to down the road.

Exactly.

Through a series of odd happenings I’m running contingency on about 700 stops per day that I used to have associated with my contract.

I have no illusions that I’ll be here long term but right now the money is good and the money is easy. We’ll see where we get to down the road.
i just saw your profile location assuming its the same as your terminal i believe it they were asking us to help you out as well