FedEx contractor revolt?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There is no automatic lever that removes Express from the RLA status. It would have to be challenged in the courts and likely years. We can scan Ground pkgs at Drop boxes and only would require a software update to scan at any stop. FedEx has been pushing the boundaries between the two for the past few years and with Network 2.0 it's clear they do not care if their RLA status is gone.
There are no boundaries between the two. I don't say this to be mean or snarky but you have no understanding of how the RLA works.

59 Dano

Nationwide, Fedex ground cannot stand a two day shutdown by it's contractors without doing irreparable damage to it's brand. They cannot offer the excuse that the shutdown or delay of service is an act of God. The day you walk shippers will look for a different alternative for their shipping needs. They will understand FedEx Ground is not a reliable shipper.

It's just my opinion, I may be wrong, but I doubt it.
You mean like when UPS shut down for two weeks and people went right back to them once the strike was over?

I think FedEx would try to settle out of court and Patton would refuse. The hubris and disconnect at the top of this company is startling.
it seems Pattons income is dependent on contractors doing well the more he makes the FedEx piggy scream the better off he is I expect this to be a long legal :censored2: flinging spectacle.

bbsam

Staff member
The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Just like when the price fell to just over a hundred bucks in 2020 and when it was well below 200 for most of 2019.
Back when contractors were doing well? When everyone was making money and FedEx couldn’t stand it?

floridays

You mean like when UPS shut down for two weeks and people went right back to them once the strike was over?
Actually no.

Apples and oranges. After a contract was signed the customers knew there was a certainty of service. The contract controlled both parties.

A shut down by ground contractors only leads to further the reality that it could happen at anytime since any agreement reached could not bind the two into one. FedEx ground negotiates individual contracts. Nothing binds all contractors as a national, regional, or statewide entity. A work stoppage would al;ways be in the back of the minds of all shippers and investors.

I thought you would be smart enough to see the difference.

59 Dano

The purpose is to gather data for his legal defense. It’s to keep the story going in the media. The results will likely be a data point that contradicts John Smith’s claims that all is well in the Ground unit.
ROTFLMAO!

The whole point of the lawsuit is that he's making dubious and outright false claims to sow discontent and is using the media to help do so (for the benefit of his businesses).

59 Dano

Actually no.

Apples and oranges. After a contract was signed the customers knew there was a certainty of service. The contract controlled both parties.

A shut down by ground contractors only leads to further the reality that it could happen at anytime since any agreement reached could not bind the two into one. FedEx ground negotiates individual contracts. Nothing binds all contractors as a national, regional, or statewide entity. A work stoppage would al;ways be in the back of the minds of all shippers and investors.

I thought you would be smart enough to see the difference.
I'm smart enough to know that an economy that can tolerate a two week shutdown of the largest package carrier can tolerate a two day shutdown of a smaller one.

floridays

ROTFLMAO!

The whole point of the lawsuit is that he's making dubious and outright false claims to sow discontent and is using the media to help do so (for the benefit of his businesses).
Is this your attempt at a "Brownbailout" part two, spreading misinformation, We are the agrieved party once again.

Has FedEx Corporate ever done anything wrong, illegal, immoral, or unlawful?

We know blue collar Fedex has and does.
White collar, nope not possible.

floridays

I'm smart enough to know that an economy that can tolerate a two week shutdown of the largest package carrier can tolerate a two day shutdown of a smaller one.
You didn't address the point. Another non-responsive answer from you.

Certainly the economy can tolerate it, the covid shut down is proof.

The question is would their customers tolerate it. I only sad two days as a reference point, it wasn't a time limit.

How long would ground allow the work stopage to go on with out pleaing for a settlement?
The bully hasn't been hit in the nose yet, let's see how he reacts when he is.

It will be fine

ROTFLMAO!

Sure buddy, you know his main business is selling routes, right? How does publicly complaining about negative profit margins sell routes? No doubt the company talking points are what you’re claiming, but any reasonable person will laugh at the court filing, it’s ridiculous. The suit itself sowed far more discontent than Spencer ever did.

MAKAVELI

There are no boundaries between the two. I don't say this to be mean or snarky but you have no understanding of how the RLA works.
It's you that have no clue. There's a reason the old man didn't have Ground delivering Express freight up until a few years ago. You think they just suddenly had an epiphany that they could profit more by charging Express rates and having Ground deliver? 😂