FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

floridays

You're getting an additional six months of higher pay. For a FT employee who works 40 hours a week, that's an additional $1000.
Understood, makes us whole to when they initially moved raises from March to October, whole only if the October raises are given.

For illustration purposes that 1000 was lost when raises were moved to October years ago, now effectively it is being returned.

Oldfart

Understood, makes us whole to when they initially moved raises from March to October, whole only if the October raises are given.

For illustration purposes that 1000 was lost when raises were moved to October years ago, now effectively it is being returned.
You complain when they take something away.

You complain when they give it back.

Do I sense a pattern?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Y-Raises remain in OCT, but this years will be waived because of the Apr PayAction, thus waiting til Oct19 til next raise, if this is the case, then FDX is not really giving much of anything if we have to wait 18months for the next raise, and we'll be right back where we would have been anyway.

With an extra thousand bucks or so in your pocket.

Remaining more concerned with what they're giving up as opposed to what you're getting is a recipe for unhappiness.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yet had FedEx announced nothing, no one would care. They announced something, and people are upset with it. Crazy.

Oldfart

People are just stating facts.
You're the one whining. Why are you so upset that people aren't singing Fred's praises?
If you say you work for UPS, why do you hang around a FDX forum?

I am happy as can be. I dump entire paychecks into 401k and savings at least once a month. An early raise just means a bigger deposit.

floridays

Yet had FedEx announced nothing, no one would care. They announced something, and people are upset with it. Crazy.
I agree, Forget the PR and just do it. I'm not upset at all with what they are doing, just don't act like it is something special.

Oldfart

If they Raise in April18, and then not again til Oct2019... then over 24months there is no NET cost difference to FDX. Now basically its all speculation until they come up with a solid announcement.
6 months early raises does involve a cost. Like was said earlier, you are more concerned what it is costing the company instead of what gain you are getting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you say you work for UPS, why do you hang around a FDX forum?
I worked for ground.
I have family that works for fed ex.
I am in the same industry, what happens at ex does matter to me.
I like messing with you.
I am happy as can be. I dump entire paychecks into 401k and savings at least once a month.
WDFD
An early raise just means a bigger deposit.
Shame your bonus is spread over 6 months, you'll miss out on months of market gains.

Oldfart

I worked for ground.
I have family that works for fed ex.
I am in the same industry, what happens at ex does matter to me.
I like messing with you.

WDFD

Shame your bonus is spread over 6 months, you'll miss out on months of market gains.
20 to 25% gain over the last couple of years. I am not eating government cheese and living in Sec. 8. Thanks for the concern though.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
20 to 25% gain over the last couple of years. I am not eating government cheese and living in Sec. 8. Thanks for the concern though.
Uh, 25% over the last couple of years?
You're not doing a good job you might want to find someone to manage your investments.
Typical response from someone who complains when they get a raise 6 months early.
Typical response from a company shill who goes to great lengths to praise fred for giving you back something he took away.

floridays

Typical response from someone who complains when they get a raise 6 months early. Bummer.

Maybe you can "direct" payroll to delay your raise to October.
Typical response from someone that has no reading comprehension.
Take your raise and go "buy" another IRA