Mine2011

Hello! sorry I just joined and I’m not sure how all of this works so please bear with me, I have a question about being hired on. I know patience is key they have a ton of applications to look at but how long is too long? I went to the group interview and she told us we would get a email within 2 days for a tour and it have been 3 weeks. So does that mean I’m not in? Or I need to wait longer?
Thank you!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hello! sorry I just joined and I’m not sure how all of this works so please bear with me, I have a question about being hired on. I know patience is key they have a ton of applications to look at but how long is too long? I went to the group interview and she told us we would get a email within 2 days for a tour and it have been 3 weeks. So does that mean I’m not in? Or I need to wait longer?
Thank you!
Go find other employment

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you!
Do you have HR number? If so call

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Thank you!
Show up and demand a job, the y like to see initiative.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just got hired as a seasonal package handler. I start Tuesday, but I am not sure if I pay into the union or not. I'd prefer to, since I really want to stay on after the holidays, but I have been reading conflicting stuff on the internet, some say seasonal PHs don't pay into the union. Thanks in advance for the help.

Paying in to the union as a seasonal has no bearing on whether or not they keep you after Peak.

railey

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.

Hi all! I've been lurking this site for a few weeks and the posts here have been extremely informative.

In order to supplement my lack of income since being unemployed, I just completed Driver Helper orientation on Friday. I'm in Philadelphia. I was wondering if I will be getting the call for my first day on Monday or should I continue to pursue other seasonal opportunities that aren't "on call"?

Show up and demand a job, the y like to see initiative.

I wouldn't have gotten my job if I didn't stay on HR about it. I'd saved a personal email from orientation and contacted directly after being given the runaround for 2 weeks, dealt with her runaround for 2 weeks and got hired. I don't think I would've gotten it if I hadn't.

Mine2011

I wouldn't have gotten my job if I didn't stay on HR about it. I'd saved a personal email from orientation and contacted directly after being given the runaround for 2 weeks, dealt with her runaround for 2 weeks and got hired. I don't think I would've gotten it if I hadn't.
But what if they didn’t give you anything? I had a group interview and all she said was well contact you in 2 days for a tour then nothing.

Mine2011

I wouldn't have waited 3 weeks to hear back on something they said 2 days for.
Well I know there busy since there hiring people for the holidays and I wasn’t the first application, and I’ve been reading that I should just wait. So you recommend I go to the building and demand my job?