UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Thank you, I'm starting to understand this a bit more. I wasn't sure if EVERYTHING was based on seniority, or if there were certain things that came from merit or favoritism.
IMG_6288.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Thank you, I'm starting to understand this a bit more. I wasn't sure if EVERYTHING was based on seniority, or if there were certain things that came from merit or favoritism.
You will have to qualify. Which means there will be a degree of merit involved in your success or failure.

But as for the bids themselves, expect to be outbid for a long time.

The company is tightening up, and it's harder to find easy money here. Which means that a lot of people that wouldn't have considered going driving before, now are.

I know drivers that moved up within a year, and drivers that had to wait 5 years.

If you're planning on a career that utilizes favoritism, do us all a favor, and lose the plan to become a union steward.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They love the string along the employees during the free period
Heard a seasonal the other day talking about how much a driver supervisor adores him. Thinks he's gonna get a full time position after peak.

Dude's been here three years. He already got DQed once, and sucked royally.
But he heard a little flattery, and he'll sprint his happy ass off all peak.

Loading trailers again in January wondering what the hell happened.

UnionStrong

You will have to qualify. Which means there will be a degree of merit involved in your success or failure.

The company is tightening up, and it's harder to find easy money here. Which means that a lot of people that wouldn't have considered going driving before, now are.

I know drivers that moved up within a year, and drivers that had to wait 5 years.

If you're planning on a career that utilizes favoritism, do us all a favor, and lose the plan to become a union steward.
Post reported, handing out harsh truths and crushing dreams.

BoxyBrown

“You’re the best” 🤣
Honestly I love those kind of people because they are easy to read.

Thank you, that sounds based. I may just stick to having a part time gym membership with a pension, but I like to know my options.

Eh for better or worse, favoritism is a fact of life. I wana know how it's going to effect me before getting too involved. I also work hard, have pride, and want to make good impressions. Not at the cost of anyone else of course, but that's life.

UnionStrong

Honestly I love those kind of people because they are easy to read.

Thank you, that sounds based. I may just stick to having a part time gym membership with a pension, but I like to know my options.

Eh for better or worse, favoritism is a fact of life. I wana know how it's going to effect me before getting too involved. I also work hard, have pride, and want to make good impressions. Not at the cost of anyone else of course, but that's life.
Seniority trumps favoritism