Thebrownblob

You think you’re gonna gain seniority during peak? Good Luck
The only time that’s ever happened during peak was Covid time, and it is been a nightmare. Guys who gained seniority in December can’t take their vacations when they get them lol WTF.

This is why they don’t give seniority during peak Covid really screwed everything up

BoxyBrown

You think you’re gonna gain seniority during peak? Good Luck
I don't assume much of anything, I'm trying to learn and keep getting vague smartass answers from the same 7 dudes on here.

When I signed up for helper. I was told my seniority date was in September. I was hired before peak. For what it's worth, literally every single person I've talked to in person has said you have to :censored2: up REALLY bad to get fired, and I believe that. Not really sure if half the people on here are just incapable asshats and jaded old heads making a comfortable living.

I swear, some boomers are the biggest group of snowflakes. Like, "your company wants to :censored2: you and you had to show up every day to do the thing you signed up for? Oh boo hoo. You're so unique and special. I bet this has only ever happened to you, ever. Now where's the guy who's job it is to make sire the management doesn't put a fingure in my butt? Oh he's scrolling BC."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't assume much of anything, I'm trying to learn and keep getting vague smartass answers from the same 7 dudes on here.

When I signed up for helper. I was told my seniority date was in September. I was hired before peak. For what it's worth, literally every single person I've talked to in person has said you have to :censored2: up REALLY bad to get fired, and I believe that. Not really sure if half the people on here are just incapable asshats and jaded old heads making a comfortable living.

I swear, some boomers are the biggest group of snowflakes. Like, "your company wants to :censored2: you and you had to show up every day to do the thing you signed up for? Oh boo hoo. You're so unique and special. I bet this has only ever happened to you, ever. Now where's the guy who's job it is to make sire the management doesn't put a fingure in my butt? Oh he's scrolling BC."
IMG_7973.gif

Sorry brah but nobody here’s gonna blow smoke up your ass
Just tryin to keep it realz yo

I took the time to read this again and you signed up as a helper ?
Was your employee with the company before you signed up as helper?

BoxyBrown

I took the time to read this again and you signed up as a helper ?
Was your employee with the company before you signed up as helper?
Yes I sgned up to be a driver helper.

I'm not sure what you are asking with the second question. I was hired as a PT package handler in early September. I signed up to be a driver helper as well during peak. The driver I signed up with has 5 or 6 years of seniority.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yes I sgned up to be a driver helper.

I'm not sure what you are asking with the second question. I was hired as a PT package handler in early September. I signed up to be a driver helper as well during peak. The driver I signed up with has 5 or 6 years of seniority.
Alright. Real talk.

All promotions to driving are based on seniority, and availability. Welcome to a union.

The only way you are moving into a driving job ANYTIME soon, is if:
1. Drivers retire.
2. No one with more seniority than you signs the sheet.

If you believe management when they tell you about future opportunities, you're a sucker. They want you to help fix the peak problems that they will create, and then they'll immediately forget everything you've ever done for them.

It's a decent job. But don't get your heart set on moving up after peak. It's unlikely at best.
You can go out and run 45+ stops an hour, it won't improve your odds one bit.

Just have a bit of patience. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

BoxyBrown

Alright. Real talk.

All promotions to driving are based on seniority, and availability. Welcome to a union.

The only way you are moving into a driving job ANYTIME soon, is if:
1. Drivers retire.
2. No one with more seniority than you signs the sheet.

If you believe management when they tell you about future opportunities, you're a sucker. They want you to help fix the peak problems that they will create, and then they'll immediately forget everything you've ever done for them.

It's a decent job. But don't get your heart set on moving up after peak. It's unlikely at best.
You can go out and run 45+ stops an hour, it won't improve your odds one bit.

Just have a bit of patience. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Thank you, I'm starting to understand this a bit more. I wasn't sure if EVERYTHING was based on seniority, or if there were certain things that came from merit or favoritism.