UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Kid won't even make it 6 months.
IMG_5063.gif

nWo

Thank you all, I know, show up on time, every time, move the boxes, don't piss people off, buy a house some day. That's the baseline, I don't expect any trouble doing that, I'm halfway competent.

I've never had GAINFUL employment before and I have basically no assets at 30. I'm trying to make the most of this, even if it makes things more difficult.

You will be 40 before you even sniff ft. 45 before you top out. Unless you take the "promotion" to pt sup. Then you will never be ft.

BoxyBrown

Ok good to know, I could definitely get on as a driver quickly, the driver sups and managers keep asking me if I'm going to now that they see me loading vans. I'm just not sure if I want to. Driving is hard, and a lot more commitment.

After what I have been seeing on here, I'm leaning on just staying pt and using it as a morning gym membership with benefits and a pension. Then pursuing something else with my days.

For now, they said I can pick up a ton of extra hours as a helper. The driver that trained me last year said to just request him and I'll be good to go. Kind of dreading a 16 hour day, need the $ though.

Ok good to know, I could definitely get on as a driver quickly, the driver sups and managers keep asking me if I'm going to now that they see me loading vans. I'm just not sure if I want to. Driving is hard, and a lot more commitment.

After what I have been seeing on here, I'm leaning on just staying pt and using it as a morning gym membership with benefits and a pension. Then pursuing something else with my days.

For now, they said I can pick up a ton of extra hours as a helper. The driver that trained me last year said to just request him and I'll be good to go. Kind of dreading a 16 hour day, need the $ though.
You have to have seniority to get on as a driver.

BoxyBrown

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I get seniority in 40 days. MOST of the drivers in my hub are young guys that were hired on as drivers either directly after being seasonals or after a short time in the warehouse. I talked to a ton of different people about it, management and drivers, and they all basically said the same thing, and it's going like they said it would so far. I think your hub may just work differently than mine. I was a mule last year, and a good one. Showed up, drove the brown, no injuries, accidents, or late air.