Gas Prices

klein

Für Meno :)
Well even if More doesn't drive much the cost of fuel also raises the cost of food supplies as well. Heck the cost of fuel raises the price of just about everything as it's used in some way in the process, either manufacturing or transportation.

I just know we (our provincial and federal governments) are making billions, and food prices are offset here mostly, by our ever rising dollar.
Let the good times begin (they already have, actually) :)
But, will get better :)

rod

Retired 23 years
A few stations raised their price to $3.99 today but the others held at $3.84 so those that had raised went back down. Thats really unusal around here. Normally all it takes is one station (always the same one) to raise their price and the others follow within an hour

curiousbrain

Driving down the highway the other day, prices were $4.19; driving back on the same highway, not two hours later, they were $4.29.

It made me laugh in a nervous "Crap, this is killing me" kind of way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One of the things that always amuses me is how people will line up for gas that is $.05 or $.10 cheaper than at a station across the street.

And I'm not talking about obviously low-income people either...I'm talking about people with high-end cars. They will drive out of their way, fight traffic, and wait in line for 10 extra minutes in order to save a dime per gallon on a 15-gallon fillup. My time and stress level is worth a helluva lot more than $1.50. Of course, since I choose to drive a VW Jetta TDI turbodiesel that gets over 40MPG on the freeway...I really could care less about what fuel costs in the first place.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If President Obama really wants to help low-income and fixed-income folks (who are the most adversely affected by rocketing gas prices), then he should immediately suspend the EPA’s requirement for “summer formula” gasoline, which is more expensive and is directly contributing to the current price hike.
But the White House won’t acknowledge that the annual winter-to-summer gasoline switch contributes to price increases, because the switch is a result of environmental concerns. The EPA requires reformulated gas for summer use to reduce emissions. The practical result is a decreased supply of gasoline, and, thanks to the iron law of supply and demand, prices go up.
Why does EPA’s requirement for reformulated “summer gas” cause supply to decrease? First, refineries must temporarily shut down production when they switch from winter to summer formulas. Second, the summer formulation results in less gasoline produced per barrel of crude oil, when compared to the winter formulation. Lastly, imports increase to make up for the shortfall in domestic summer refining; one analyst says the issue is compounded by the fact that summer reformulated gas is a “boutique” product, expensive to produce with a limited market outside the USA. Bottom line: thanks to the EPA, we have less gas at higher prices every summer.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/29/o...irement-for-summer-formula-gas/#ixzz1L6cxDLhV

Babagounj

Strength through joy
promise-kept.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since everyone on this planet users the same air, generally speaking, just how are you going to get cleaner air when most other countries DO NOT use our EPA regulations concerning gas formulas ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Since everyone on this planet users the same air, generally speaking, just how are you going to get cleaner air when most other countries DO NOT use our EPA regulations concerning gas formulas ?

Smog is, generally speaking, a local phenomenon rather than a global one. Thats why we have fresh air up here in Oregon, while you can both see and taste the air down in Los Angeles.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Smog City is an interactive air pollution simulator that shows how your choices, environmental factors, and land use contribute to air pollution. In Smog City you're in control so your visit can be a healthy or unhealthy experience depending on the decisions you make. You'll see how ground-level ozone, the biggest part of summertime smog, increases or decreases when you spend a day in Smog City. And since ozone can irritate respiratory systems, cause breathing difficulty, coughing, and chest pain, knowing how and why ozone forms and what you can do about it is important to the residents of Smog City and everyone else on the planet. http://www.smogcity.com/

klein

Now what makes you think that ?

Go visit Europe, or even Canada.
You can buy gasoline at octane levels of 96% and even 98%.

Some European built cars wouldn't even be able fuel up in the US.

Companies like Mercedes, need to make a lesser effecient engine, just for the US market !!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The Dems blame the speculators and the oil companies but what really has made prices go up? The Middle east turmoil in Eygpt, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Iran, etc. In addition no new permits for drilling in the gulf, the EPA forced Shell to stop drilling in Alaska, and now the govt is wanting to shut down drilling in west Texas and New Mexico for the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard...WTF?

klein

The Dems blame the speculators and the oil companies but what really has made prices go up? The Middle east turmoil in Eygpt, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Iran, etc. In addition no new permits for drilling in the gulf, the EPA forced Shell to stop drilling in Alaska, and now the govt is wanting to shut down drilling in west Texas and New Mexico for the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard...WTF?

I suppose that;s another reason, other people in other countries sort of dislike Americans. They are to blame for high gas prices !