Gas Prices

moreluck

golden ticket member
$3.69 here. I bet if they started building the pipeline it would be...the same.

If people had started drilling instead of just repeatedly saying it'll take years....we'd have oil comin' out our :censored2: right now!!

It's a sludge pile of deadness in Alaska, drill the damn thing!!

bbsam

Staff member
If people had started drilling instead of just repeatedly saying it'll take years....we'd have oil comin' out our :censored2: right now!!

And why again is it that they are storing gasoline off shore and closing refineries? Explain how oil scarcity factors into these facts. Seems we are already bleeding oil out of our :censored2:. Now we just need to all go buy big SUV's again so we can burn it all off. Again, the price is the price because oil and gas companies are going to get every dime, nickel and penny they can. As soon as price negatively affects demand, they will dial it back. This is not a "free market" economy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And why again is it that they are storing gasoline off shore and closing refineries? Explain how oil scarcity factors into these facts. Seems we are already bleeding oil out of our :censored2:. Now we just need to all go buy big SUV's again so we can burn it all off. Again, the price is the price because oil and gas companies are going to get every dime, nickel and penny they can. As soon as price negatively affects demand, they will dial it back. This is not a "free market" economy.
Well, we have the strategic reserves for emergency only.....and someone needs to let Obama know that low poll numbers are not a real emergency. I have 2 SUV's so I'm doing my part!!

There's rigs right off of our coast and they are getting ready to tow them to South America to drill.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

DRILL DRILL DRILL DRILL.... the only thing that is getting DRILLED is the nonsense in your head. THE GOP keeps repeating this over and over and you go along with the program. Lets look at reality on OIL... there is TOO MUCH OIL IN THIS COUNTRY TODAY!!!

We are currently EXPORTING MORE OIL than we are IMPORTING!!!!!

WE DONT NEED MORE SUPPLY! WE HAVE TOO MUCH NOW!!! ITS OVERFLOWING! and it has to be sold overseas to china and other places...!

Why dont you get it?? Why do you accept the premise that the OIL companies need more oil to bring down the price of gas in this country when they dont have the capacity to store anymore oil now??

Its pretty clear, the OIL companies want to drill for more OIL so they can sell it OVERSEAS!!!

But I am sure you believe they will give it to you so you can fill up cheaply? EH?

Please. Pay attention.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

IF it aint in the programming, it must not be true.

Peace
TOS

bbsam

Staff member
Gas rationing and gas lines is the only feature of the Carter Presidency that bhos has not yet replicated.

So what is the difference? The difference is that there is no supply problem like there was in the '70s. The only way to get to gas lines is for the oil companies to orchestrate it and that would not do any favors for their bottom line. So while they can say can legitimately claim not to be price gouging, they are determining the markets.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Our society is based on oil, yet this country's leaders think that pond scum can replace all the uses of oil. And that is why they have no national energy program.
They are foolish dreamers and we have to pay for their fantasy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our society is based on oil, yet this country's leaders think that pond scum can replace all the uses of oil. And that is why they have no national energy program.
They are foolish dreamers and we have to pay for their fantasy.
Maybe he could show us all by example.......next time his 30 SUVs and 30 motorcycles need gas, don't fill them up. It's a fuel of the past, so figure something else out.

I picture hamsters running in wheels powering his cars.............he's unrealistic and has 'pie in the sky' ideas that go along with rainbows & unicorns!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If either of you two knew ANYTHING about oil, you would know that behind the scenes on capital hill, there are THREE bills held up in committees by the REPUBLICANS that would fix the speculator problem!!

Bernie Sanders has introduced a bill that would IMMEDIATELY stop the speculator gouging of america but the GOP WONT forward the bill out of committee.!
Release: Sanders’ Bill Would Stop Rampant Oil Speculation - Newsroom: Bernie Sanders - U.S. Senator for Vermont

If any of you understood that wall street speculators trade oil without putting any money down or taking delivery of any oil, then you would know why prices are so high. DRILLING isnt going to make a bit of difference to americans at the pump and the only winners in more drilling is the oil companies who seek to sell billions of barrels of oil to china.

Holding americans hostage at the pump is the way the GOP and the OIL companies feel that they can get there way and force the goverment to allow more drilling.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh yes, I forgot that TOS is the expert......you were an oil executive in your other life? You are the ONLY ONE who understands oil.
You act like speculators are the villians................you have that tunnel vision and won't consider anything else. I prefer to listen to my retired neighbor who worked as management for a refinery for 30 years.

Oh, and "speculators" are in every commodity and company on the stock market. If you do options....put & calls.....then you too are a speculator.

Did you fill out your brackets? Bazinga! You're a speculator.

http://www.investorplace.com/investorpolitics/crude-oil-gas-prices-big-oil-speculators/

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh yes, I forgot that TOS is the expert......you were an oil executive in your other life? You are the ONLY ONE who understands oil.
You act like speculators are the villians................you have that tunnel vision and won't consider anything else. I prefer to listen to my retired neighbor who worked as management for a refinery for 30 years.

Oh, and "speculators" are in every commodity and company on the stock market. If you do options....put & calls.....then you too are a speculator.

Did you fill out your brackets? Bazinga! You're a speculator.

Washington, not "Speculators," to Blame for Expensive Oil | InvestorPlace

The difference between you and I my dear, is that I BOTHER to take the time to learn, read, investigate and listen, whereas you only listen to what you are told for the day by the program masters, then repeat it.

Why not try and spend you day browsing through the bills on capitol hill that would affect you directly and learn something for a change.

Peace

TOS

upsgrunt

The difference between you and I my dear, is that I BOTHER to take the time to learn, read, investigate and listen, whereas you only listen to what you are told for the day by the program masters, then repeat it.

Why not try and spend you day browsing through the bills on capitol hill that would affect you directly and learn something for a change.

Peace

TOS

I'm trying to be polite, and this is a legit question.
If you're at UPS for 12 hours, including listen to Limbaugh, then go home and watch Fox news, then browse through bills on Capital Hill, then find time to post on here, and taking time, of course, to eat, bathe, and do your other essentials, how much sleep do you get?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm trying to be polite, and this is a legit question.
If you're at UPS for 12 hours, including listen to Limbaugh, then go home and watch Fox news, then browse through bills on Capital Hill, then find time to post on here, and taking time, of course, to eat, bathe, and do your other essentials, how much sleep do you get?

I get plenty. Do you think they handed me a diploma from college? How much sleep do you think i got there? There is no reason NOT to research information for yourself. IF you rely on what you hear, you might as well be deaf.

TV is the enemy, and some posters here prove that everyday.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
I get plenty. Do you think they handed me a diploma from college? How much sleep do you think i got there? There is no reason NOT to research information for yourself. IF you rely on what you hear, you might as well be deaf.

Peace

TOS
So, Books on tape is over your head and all blind people are stupid?

upsgrunt

Peace

TOS

I get that, and I agree.
You're not the only educated person here.
Do you think they handed ME my diploma from college too?
I've found that research can lead to different conclusions.

Shalom