Gas Prices

av8torntn

Now that's true. The bigger questions should that occur,

1) With oil now de-valued as a monetary backing commodity (petro dollar) with air being the conveyance fuel of choice, would global banking interests demand intervention to protect their own interests? Probably but that's not necessarily a horrible thing. A stable banking system does seem to be linked to prosperity.
2) Would world oil interests demand intervention to protect their turf? No doubt but that doesn't mean that we have to give it to them.
3) Would the US gov't not to mention other nationstates who tax oil as a major revenue source institute/demand intervention to protect not only central taxation models but taxing models to pay for roads? Privatize the roads or do as many states do impose a vehicle tax.
4) How do you tax air to pay for road support? Privatize the roads or impose a vehicle tax. Our nations roads are used as a jobs program. I have spent time in other countries and in one in particular they had no road crews and no potholes(seems impossible until you look into it).
5) How would natonstates maintain centralized power with a transportation energy source that screams de-centralization all over it? I don't see a downside there.

These same questions apply to any non-petroleum solutions for vehicle energy.

rod

Retired 23 years
$3.69 here---------------and people are complaining about it. Apparently they haven't seen what others are paying.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Seems like CA. & HI. are always higher....New York City too (I think)

$4.35 - $4.69 in NYC!!

Thats called STATE TAXES MORELUCK.... we have .65 cents here in california... if you subtract the .65, our average price of gas would be

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

$3.64

Get over yourself.

Peace.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thats called STATE TAXES MORELUCK.... we have .65 cents here in california... if you subtract the .65, our average price of gas would be

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

$3.64

Get over yourself.

Peace.

TOS
Listen Snidely, If I pump it in my car, then it's what I'm paying for gas.. I don't care if there's an entertainment tax included. Try paying just the $3 and the cops will be dragging your arse away .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Listen Snidely, If I pump it in my car, then it's what I'm paying for gas.. I don't care if there's an entertainment tax included. Try paying just the $3 and the cops will be dragging your arse away .

Point being Ms Doom and GLoom, GAS in California is ONLY 4 dollar because of the .65 cent state tax assoicated with it, in addition if you add the federal gas tax, that total becomes .18+ .65= $1.16 and if you subtract that from todays price of 4.29 that becomes

TAADAAA $3.13 per gallon. STILL REASONABLY LOW

You can whine all you want and use the 4.29 as a symbol of your hate for Obama, but our price before taxes is still pretty low. If you dont like the taxes, why not blame REAGAN? He only doubled the federal gas tax when he was president. Why not start there and work your way to PETE WILSON (R).

Your republicans raised your gas taxes this high.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Point being Ms Doom and GLoom, GAS in California is ONLY 4 dollar because of the .65 cent state tax assoicated with it, in addition if you add the federal gas tax, that total becomes .18+ .65= $1.16 and if you subtract that from todays price of 4.29 that becomes

You can whine all you want and use the 4.29 as a symbol of your hate for Obama, but our price before taxes is still pretty low. If you dont like the taxes, why not blame REAGAN? He only doubled the federal gas tax when he was president. Why not start there and work your way to PETE WILSON (R).

Peace

TOS

Guess what?? It's all relative. We had the California taxes back when it was $1.80 a gallon. It's all relative. The damn cost of gas has gone up !!! PERIOD!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ta Da !! When I pump it in my tank, I don't care what the reasons are, I'd be lying if I said I paid $3.81 a gallon! If I put out 10 gallons and my pump says I owe $42.90, you do the math !!!

I'm still only going to get $7.10 back from my $50.00.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, if we (Canada), had a Rush Limbaugh, a Rommney, Sani, or esspecially a Newt , they would be calling for nor more oil exports to the US, and somehow believe our domestic oil prices would go down.
I guess we could bulid tons of storage tanks, hire people to work in them, and I guess sell oil here below world market prices.
And what good would that all do, subsidizing our own oil ? Oh yeah, raise the national debt.

Maybe the US should stop exporting now, and build those storage tanks ? Newts way anyways. Then you can decide if you want to sell below world market prices at home. - I think it would be a lot easier to to get rid of all the taxes on gasoline, wouldn't it be ?
Same outcome - raises the national debt.

bbsam

Staff member
If the US stopped selling on the open market? Every one else jack up their prices? We'd still have to import. I can only imagine what oil prices would hit.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS
Gee, this is all about RISING gas prices!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
This morning.....gas prices inched up over night. National average now $3.90 a gallon!
Chicago spiked....their average is now $4.68 a gallon.

So, it's not going down like someone "yahooed" about earlier!!

UPS Lifer

Just plug your zip code in and it'll tell you the lowest -- and highest -- price in your area. Check it out.

Gas Prices - MSN Autos

I am going to add this link to my website on the home page. Thanks for sharing the link!

I became very sensitive to this issue of gas prices when I was at the Ontario Hub in California. Our part time employees were getting killed with gas prices back then. I can only imagine how bad it is now. Raises did not keep up with the cost of gas. In California, some of these kids lived 30-45 miles away from the hub. For safety and performance awards, I started spending my budget on gas cards. It went over very well. The employees and PT supervisors really liked the idea.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Peace

TOS

Oh gee, this is not from Weazel Zippers, Rush, Fox etc....good old CBS saying those darn old gas prices aren't going down like you said. Gee whizz , golly gee.........

CHICAGO (CBS) — The average price of gas continues to jump ever closer to $5 per gallon, with prices up 18 cents per gallon in the last week.

As WBBM Newsradio’s Bernie Tafoya reports, AAA says gas prices have never been higher in Chicago in all of history.

Prices were averaging $4.67 per gallon Tuesday morning in the city, and $4.51 in the metro area.

klein

Für Meno :)
Whats the solution ? The US as a net exporter now, shouldn't export anymore, right ?
And sell it below world market prices to it's own citizens, right ?

Or keep on exporting the surplus, and just subsidize gas prices for Americans ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Whats the solution ? The US as a net exporter now, shouldn't export anymore, right ?
And sell it below world market prices to it's own citizens, right ?

Or keep on exporting the surplus, and just subsidize gas prices for Americans ?

Your buddy said WAHOO!!! gas prices are going down....so apparently the solution is to ignore the problem and pretend like it doesn't exist!!