Gas Prices

moreluck

golden ticket member
GAS at the pumps DOWN again! The OC is ever so close to sub 4 bucks! Only about 12 days to milk the pain of 4 bucks!

Gee, what happened to 5 buck a gallon gas FOX SPEWS was saying was going to happen??

Looks like I was DEAD ON back in January. I said gas will spike in the 1st quarter, then retreat after earnings. Sometimes its tough being right.

PeAce.

TOS

Cheerleader, check out the jobless numbers that just came out. Get the big picture!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Cheerleader, check out the jobless numbers that just came out. Get the big picture!

Numbers go up and down moreluck, thats the nature of the economy. When Reagan took unemployment at the end of his second year to 10.7% , it took 6 years just to get it back to where he started when he took office. Today, YOU and the other GOP faithful call Reagan a hero.

Today, with that same curve, you OBAMA a failure.

Oh wait, I forgot, I am suppose to forget about history and only concentrate on todays talking points., Im sorry. I forgot the GOP doesnt like to face its POLITICAL RECORD.

PeAce.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lets start to deal with earnings for the big oil industry.

""AMSTERDAM — Royal Dutch Shell PLC delivered forecast-busting first quarter earnings on Thursday as it benefited from higher oil prices, and said it is looking for ways to exploit the current low cost of natural gas in North America.The oil company’s earnings on the industry standard CCS or “current cost of supplies” measure, which strips out changes in the price of oil, and excluding one-time charges, were $7.30 billion, up 16 percent from $6.29 billion."""

Shell beats earnings forecasts in Q1 on higher oil prices, eyes US natural gas opportunities - The Washington Post

GEE, anyone think weve been ripped off?

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Chevron will also post higher than expected profits DUE TO HIGHER GAS PRICES.

""Chevron sees Q1 earnings increase despite weaker output

SAN RAMON -- Chevron says higher oil
prices will help push first-quarter profit higher than fourth-quarter earnings
despite a drop in U.S. production.

The oil company said Tuesday that it also
benefited from higher refining profit margins, lower operating costs, and gains
from selling assets. Foreign-exchange losses are expected to be larger.

Chevron didn't say what net income it
expects to report when it releases its first-quarter results on April 27.

Analysts expect the company to report net
income of nearly $6.3 billion, or $3.15 per share, excluding one-time gains and
expenses, according to FactSet. It earned $6.2 billion, or $3.09 per share, in
last year's first quarter. For the fourth quarter, it earned $5.12 billion, or
$2.58 per share.

The San Ramon-based company said the price
it paid for West Texas crude oil rose 9.6 percent and for Brent crude rose 8.5
percent from the fourth quarter. The prices that Chevron fetched in January and
February didn't rise as quickly. Natural gas prices fell.

Chevron said daily production of oil and
gas in the U.S. fell 2.6 percent in January and February compared with the
fourth quarter. International production -- which accounts for about
three-fourths of the total -- was flat despite a shutdown of the Frade field in
Brazil in mid-March.

The Frade setback is costing the company
33,000 barrels per day. No date has been set for resuming production.

Refinery volumes were up through

GEE, looky looky, they mention their OIL SPILL in Brazil as a shutdown instead of a spill... HMMM?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just like UPS used to throw a blanket over the logo whenever there was a wreck.....big deal. Like nobody knew what that square brown truck was.

Were they shutdown? Then they can call it a "shut down".

moreluck

golden ticket member
Numbers go up and down moreluck, thats the nature of the economy. When Reagan took unemployment at the end of his second year to 10.7% , it took 6 years just to get it back to where he started when he took office. Today, YOU and the other GOP faithful call Reagan a hero.

Today, with that same curve, you OBAMA a failure.

Oh wait, I forgot, I am suppose to forget about history and only concentrate on todays talking points., Im sorry. I forgot the GOP doesnt like to face its POLITICAL RECORD.

PeAce.

TOS
Add it to housing prices and other numbers and you have a trend........a downward trend. UPS missed their numbers today....when's the last time that's happened?
Get the big picture

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Add it to housing prices and other numbers and you have a trend........a downward trend. UPS missed their numbers today....when's the last time that's happened?
Get the big picture

Here's a clue maam, UPS increased domestic package and decreased overseas.... Learn the difference. The housing numbers for March came in strong. what were you saying about housing?
Pending Sales of U.S. Existing Homes Increased 4.1% in March - Bloomberg

Too much FOX SPEWS talking head jibberish is clouding your reality.

Peace

TOS

upsgrunt

On the front page of the Cafe there is an article that says UPS gives 70% of it's political donations to the GOP.
Can you believe that?

TOS, how can you stand to work for a company that doesn't support the left side?
Do they just not understand?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
On the front page of the Cafe there is an article that says UPS gives 70% of it's political donations to the GOP.
Can you believe that?

TOS, how can you stand to work for a company that doesn't support the left side?
Do they just not understand?

Who the company donates to does not concern me in the least. The company donates to both sides of the fence and thats fine by me. As long as my paycheck continues to go UPWARDS, I could care less how many millions they donate, so far, it hasnt reduced my paycheck and thats all that matters.

The company donates more money to my family than they already should in ridiculous overtime, but heck, I just bought a brand new 2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide CVO with all the extra dough they provide so I aint complaining.

Stupid is as Stupid does, and I cash the checks afterwards. Works for me!

PeAce.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had to run an errand to our old stomping grounds...Mission Viejo. At the I-5 and Oso, the 76 Station and the Chevron were both $4.23.

We filled up at 901 Pico Ave. San Clemente (Mobil) for $4.15.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I can't wait to see how TOS:twister2:his way out of this one!

IF anyone is D*mb enough to seek out higher prices from a station ripping them off, then its cool with me. Today, I paid 4.03 for unleaded. Next week, under 4 bucks. Seems like some just cant face reality when it comes to gas prices going down. There are plenty of stations in San Clemente selling gas for 4.09 today.

You cant help silly.

Peace

TOS

menotyou

bella amicizia
IF anyone is D*mb enough to seek out higher prices from a station ripping them off, then its cool with me. Today, I paid 4.03 for unleaded. Next week, under 4 bucks. Seems like some just cant face reality when it comes to gas prices going down. There are plenty of stations in San Clemente selling gas for 4.09 today.

You cant help silly. I know. People have tried for years.

Peace

TOS
Uhm, TOS? I don't live in San Clemente. I am not going to drive 10 miles to save 3 cents; nor am I going to drive to California from NY to save 8 cents.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Uhm, TOS? I don't live in San Clemente. I am not going to drive 10 miles to save 3 cents; nor am I going to drive to California from NY to save 8 cents.

There are hundreds of gas stations in the san clemente area selling gas close to 4 bucks today. By the end of next week, all will be under 4 bucks. I put in premium in my motorcycle today and I paid 4.19 cents.

If anyone is paying higher than 4.19 for regular in california, they are either not teling the truth or silly enough to get ripped off.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The American Dream presents us with 10 facts:
#1 Back in 1995, the U.S. Geological Survey told the American people that the Bakken Shale formation in western North Dakota and eastern Montana only held 151 million barrels of oil. Today, government officials are admitting that it holds 4.3 billion barrels of recoverable oil, and some analysts believe that the actual number could be closer to 20 billion barrels of oil.
#2 It is estimated that there are up to 19 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the tar sands of Utah.
#3 It is estimated that there are at least 86 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the Outer Continental Shelf.
#4 It is believed that there are 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil deposits in the Green River formation in Wyoming.
#5 Overall, the United States is sitting on approximately 1.442 trillion barrels of recoverable oil deposits.
#6 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 120 year supply of natural gas.
#7 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 200 year supply of oil.
#8 According to the Institute of Energy Research, the United States has a 464 year supply of coal.
#9 According to Pastor Lindsey Williams, absolutely gigantic oil fields have been discovered up in Alaska that the American public is not being told about.
#10 Goldman Sachs is predicting that the United States will be the number one oil producing country in the world by the year 2017.