Gas Prices

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Pastor Lindsey Williams? Wow, that convinces me. I can think of no better authority on worldwide petroleum reserves than the good pastor.

I think baba ganja gets all of his facts from either Alex Jones or the voices in his head. It is amusing watching some of the posters here. This place does offer comic relief, if not hope hope for humanity.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OPEC pumping up production saying "they are uncomfortable with the prices set by american speculators" Increasing by 2 billion barrels a day has brought the price per barrel on the stock market down over 2 bucks today.

OPEC says pumping hard to bring oil price down - Yahoo! Finance

Great news.

Peace

TOS

beentheredonethat

OPEC pumping up production saying "they are uncomfortable with the prices set by american speculators" Increasing by 2 billion barrels a day has brought the price per barrel on the stock market down over 2 bucks today.

Great news.

Peace

TOS

TOS... Two things. It's Millions of Barrels per day NOT BILLIONS. Huge difference in meaning.

The other is you quoted an article. The problem is that the quote you used didn't exist in the article.

You took bits and pieces of what the article wrote, twisted it to fit your thinking and then quoted them with something that wasn't physically said in the article. News flash, if you quote an article, you should be able to find that quote in the article.

Here was one quote from the article that was taken from the Opec Secretary general.
"We are not happy with prices at this level because there will be destruction as far as demand is concerned,"

Another sentence in the article said this.
"Badri again identified $100 as a comfortable price - a level endorsed by top OPEC producer Saudi Arabia in January - and said the price was being driven higher by speculators."

In the whole article the word "american" or "america" or "USA" or "U.S.A" was not listed at all in the article.

This is your problem (I know I'm attacking you personally again). You make stuff up.

Let me guess. It's Bush's fault.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. In fact an old MASH show had Col Flagg questioning everyone's loyalty. If I recall correctly, He claimed Frank Burns was reading Communist propaganda, because he was reading "Reader's Digest". Col Flagg said it's a cover and if you take out the 3rd, 5th and 6th letter it's really "Red's Digest". It was funny watching that kind of distortion and thinking on MASH. It's real sad to see that it is happening in real life with you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS... Two things. It's Millions of Barrels per day NOT BILLIONS. Huge difference in meaning.

The other is you quoted an article. The problem is that the quote you used didn't exist in the article.

You took bits and pieces of what the article wrote, twisted it to fit your thinking and then quoted them with something that wasn't physically said in the article. News flash, if you quote an article, you should be able to find that quote in the article.

Here was one quote from the article that was taken from the Opec Secretary general.
"We are not happy with prices at this level because there will be destruction as far as demand is concerned,"

Another sentence in the article said this.
"Badri again identified $100 as a comfortable price - a level endorsed by top OPEC producer Saudi Arabia in January - and said the price was being driven higher by speculators."

In the whole article the word "american" or "america" or "USA" or "U.S.A" was not listed at all in the article.

This is your problem (I know I'm attacking you personally again). You make stuff up.

Let me guess. It's Bush's fault.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. In fact an old MASH show had Col Flagg questioning everyone's loyalty. If I recall correctly, He claimed Frank Burns was reading Communist propaganda, because he was reading "Reader's Digest". Col Flagg said it's a cover and if you take out the 3rd, 5th and 6th letter it's really "Red's Digest". It was funny watching that kind of distortion and thinking on MASH. It's real sad to see that it is happening in real life with you.

OIL is down another 2.50 a barrel as of 7am pst this morning.

By the way, where do you think the speculators are? GUAM?

OPEC knows that the "american" speculators have driven up the price of oil WAY TOO HIGH and that will ultimately cost the OPEC nations in the years to come as western countries turn away from OIL. They know and accept that 70 dollars a barrel is a good range for oil for the OPEC nations and AMERICAN greed is threatening the OIL market.

Its to bad that muslim nations are the clear thinkers when it comes to world problems and demonstrates that WALL STREET is still the problem and NOT the solution. The world is suffering because of the price of oil and the OPEC nations are taking a proactive action to correct it.

OIl is almost down 6 bucks in 2 days and will continue to collapse over the next few weeks!

What I enjoyed most is how FOX spews stays away from the GINORMOUS DROP in oil, but will report on it everyday when it inches upwards! Its a big story when it goes up, and a nothing story when it falls drastically in 2 days.

99.82 a barrel and dropping like a rock.

Say hello to 3.50 a gallon by memorial day.

Peace

TOS

beentheredonethat

You can believe anything you want, you can make any statement you want of your belief. But making quotes up and attributing them to a news article is LYING.

To answer your question of where speculators are from? I don't know where all of them are from. I'm sure there are speculators in the U.S. One of the largest exchanges for oil futures is in London (the International Petroleum Exchange) Granted this exchange was bought out by an American company a few years ago. (Full disclosure). But the exchange is still based in London.

Personally, I don't like how liberal the rules are for exchange, people\companies can buy oil futures with little if any money down and can make huge fortunes by betting on oil prices going up. I wish that futures wouldn't be allowed, or at the least, the margin requirements of buying a future were increased (ie. you need to put a huge chunk of money down in order to place the bet).

However, the issue is you made up a quote. That is lying. In my opinion that is not a personal attack. I am pointing out what you did.

It's funny your response back didn't comment of how you were called out for making things up.

Let me guess, the error was Bush's fault.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can believe anything you want, you can make any statement you want of your belief. But making quotes up and attributing them to a news article is LYING.

To answer your question of where speculators are from? I don't know where all of them are from. I'm sure there are speculators in the U.S. One of the largest exchanges for oil futures is in London (the International Petroleum Exchange) Granted this exchange was bought out by an American company a few years ago. (Full disclosure). But the exchange is still based in London.

Personally, I don't like how liberal the rules are for exchange, people\companies can buy oil futures with little if any money down and can make huge fortunes by betting on oil prices going up. I wish that futures wouldn't be allowed, or at the least, the margin requirements of buying a future were increased (ie. you need to put a huge chunk of money down in order to place the bet).

However, the issue is you made up a quote. That is lying. In my opinion that is not a personal attack. I am pointing out what you did.

It's funny your response back didn't comment of how you were called out for making things up.

Let me guess, the error was Bush's fault.

First of all, the quote is MINE. I did not source the quote to anyone but myself. I made a statement myself after reading this:

Addressing the International Energy Forum of major oil producers and consumers here, Saudi Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi said growing interest in energy commodities as an asset class had increased market speculation, which was based on guesswork that oil supply would be constrained in the future. He blamed speculators' focus on oil futures, without taking delivery of physical oil, for causing volatile price distortions.
The article I listed was talking about the increase in production in order to BRING DOWN the price of oil that the ministers blame squarely on SPECULATORS. From THAT article the ministers say this:
"We are not happy with prices at this level because there will be destruction as far as demand is concerned," OPEC Secretary General Abdullah al-Badri told an energy conference.
"We're working hard to bring down the price. We're not comfortable."

I am free to express my positions in a quote in order to make a point, and that point has been made. There are two markets to blame for the high prices, first the BRENT CRUDE index and the NYMEX.

Both are run by speculators who run up the price of oil on "guesses", not science.

The NYMEX (american) is largely responsible for the largest increase in oil prices per barrel. NYMEX is the index that the OPEC nations have a problem with. They have said since January, that the NYMEX speculators are running the price of oil WAY TOO HIGH and that the OPEC nations are comfortable with 70/75 a barrel ranges.

If you read what I have now posted as references, you should be able to see why I quoted like I did.

As for the billion instead of million, how many times do I have to say this, I CANT EDIT MY POSTS. So when I make a typo, it sticks. I cant go back and change it.

Peace

TOS

beentheredonethat

Great news.

Peace

TOS

Let's read your original post. You quoted an article. Go back to your middle school English teacher and take a few more lessons. When you put a " in your article you are indicating you are copying directly what is stated by a source.

You can say anything you want, no matter how wrong you are. You just can't lie and make up quotes and attribute them to someone else. Then use that quote to prove your point.

Face it, you were caught in a lie.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OIl is still getting crushed on the market. Down another 2 bucks a barrel as of 8 am pst. 96 bucks a barrel. Prices wills start to plumment at the pumps in the next week! Look for 3.75 a gallon shortly!

Peace

TOS

menotyou

bella amicizia
TOS, I hope you are right about gas. I hope it does drop. I hate paying $4 more or less a gallon for the crap. So, I hope you are right. I don't think you are, but I hate what the gas prices are doing to our economy. So, I hope you are.

How's that for a positive thought?

klein

Für Meno :)
I think TOS is right on this one, actually.
Oil prices slipped over 6% last week, down to $97/barrell now.

Not looking good for the republicans making it an election issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is my station..........we only have the one for Talega.

Mobil
901 Avenida Pico
San Clemente, CA, 92673 $4.239

klein

Für Meno :)
I'll let you do the math, this is where I always fill up :

Safeway500 Manning Crossing & 139 Ave.
$1.05.9/ Ltr.

Edmonton - NE

Last week gas was as high as $1.18/9 per ltr.