Gloating over hall Charges

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
To those of us that feel the need to rub the IBT leadership's nose in the dirt I say this:

Wake Up.

Whether you're a TU supporter or a H/H supporter this is a time of disgrace to all of us and it is also the fertilizer to accelerate RTW mentality.

There is responsibility laid at the feet of anyone doing wrong but gloating over the charges against the face of Teamsters everywhere is shortsighted and will only help destroy union credibility if this situation becomes mainstream media ammunition.

Here's an idea tell your folks up in the ivory tower to quit breaking the law and obstructing justice. If they were to do this. We wouldn't be discussing this

Am I wrong?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The pension is administered by a separate entity.

True, but contributions and decisions about how to proceed in the future such as retiree healthcare, dental etc. are voted on by union members. There are many current members of this forum who would like to see their money going solely into separate 401K, contributing nothing to past retirees benefits.

10 point

The pension is administered by a separate entity.
Negotiated by whom?
Here's an idea tell your folks up in the ivory tower to quit breaking the law and obstructing justice. If they were to do this. We wouldn't be discussing this

Am I wrong?
No you're not wrong. I agree with this statement and always have. It's not just "my" folks though...it's all of our folks whether we voted for them or not.

My issue is the attitude of some that they are glad this is going on. Yet I agree that there's justifiable animosity from many on the implementation of the last CBA (which USNY says was the right thing to do evidently since he doesn't "do" strike line duty) but gloating of the apparent union leadership's downward spiral is not something that I support. That's my only point.
Will I be happy if my hand gets gangrene and has to be amputated even if it saves my life? There's still loss suffered.
Leadership in any capacity has the responsibility to be upright. Failure on their part is a loss for us all.
There should be no gloating. The branch we're staying on is getting shorter.

10 point

I make sure to tell everyone I see that "what I have is all in thanks to the union i work under."
I find it quite interesting that many of those that talk negatively about unions have never been in one or worked under a CBA. They just know what they've been told and what they saw on the General Media Outlets.
Most of them have never worked for a company that the employees survive by having rights written down and enforced by people with spine.
Share they'll ignorantly say how unions are ruining the country but would jump at the chance to work under a collective bargaining agreement like ours.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your check didn't pay for your loyalty to your coworkers. That comes from inside a person. But wait, was it a whole $55? Wow. Your sacrificial benevolence is astounding.

If it had been a decent amount of strike pay would you have stayed? I'm holding my breath for that twisted response. You are not believable. That is what I haven't forgotten.

You're posting in the wrong thread then buddy. This is about slamming our leadership to the public when the strength of our Union is decreasing.
Pot calling the kettle black?

Coldworld

Pretty hard to destroy what no longer exists.
They have 1.4 million people in the teamsters... If they got their sh together they would be an unstoppable force....but it starts with the right leadership at the top and for these splinter groups to start realizing they might have "good" intentions but are hurting things as a whole...

Coldworld

It's about the longevity of the union and public perception that perpetuates the RTW mentality.
TTKU

I'll take his "unique brand of Unionism" over your unique brand of "scabism". Any day.
To be fair to upstate ... He has stated he has been to union meetings which is more than what some do to support their local but he defently plays both sides of the fence when it benefits him the most....I think his attitude toward the company would be a tad bit different if he worked in a building with 3 or 4 centers and hundreds of package car drivers....id bet the bank on that..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To be fair to upstate ... He has stated he has been to union meetings which is more than what some do to support their local but he defently plays both sides of the fence when it benefits him the most....I think his attitude toward the company would be a tad bit different if he worked in a building with 3 or 4 centers and hundreds of package car drivers....id bet the bank on that..

....and you would probably be right....there are a different set of rules when you work in a small center....

Coldworld

The question was not about my loyalty but was instead about the credibility of the Union in the eyes of the public.
To be fair corporations aren't always seen in such a great light either... Especially when they spill thousands of gallons of oil in Alaska or totally screw up people's Christmas by missing hundreds of thousands of packages or having a ceo take bribes and having one man bring down the whole company because of his greed.....people in general are fed up with companies as much or more than union issues....