Gloating over hall Charges

Coldworld

As long as this war does not start within the next 21 months I will be just fine.

Joe Unions are those unionized employees who rather than employ common sense choose to hide behind the contract.
Many hide behind the contract because they work for an employer who never uses common sense and rather loose money and make a point than to do the right thing and build a little credibility with its employee base....make no mistake, this company would be as bad or worst if there wasn't a union in place here.... Fact...it has been proven from the very infancy of this company.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Many hide behind the contract because they work for an employer who never uses common sense and rather loose money and make a point than to do the right thing and build a little credibility with its employee base....make no mistake, this company would be as bad or worst if there wasn't a union in place here.... Fact...it has been proven from the very infancy of this company.
2 wrongs make it right?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
... this company would be as bad or worst if there wasn't a union in place here.... Fact...it has been proven from the very infancy of this company.
Just look at how Management compensation, especially in benefits that have been eroded.
Some Management has to pay almost $200 / month for health insurance.

Coldworld

Just look at how Management compensation, especially in benefits that have been eroded.
To be fair monkey.... You guys get lifetime insurance once you retire and even at 200 bucks a month that is Excellent considering the coverage you get....and you get mip, and a 401k match ...and the old timers still have a pension.....so in those regards you guys don't have it that bad... And you all can go out on stress leave when you feel a little "sad" with how the company has been treating you... We have to grind it out and start fighting back...I would guess your compensation is still good or better than 90% of the companies out there...

10 point

That's not the Union's fault. The company would treat us the same way or worse if there wasn't a CBA.
When people bail out of the workforce into management I believe that they are told what they're getting into.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
To be fair monkey.... You guys get lifetime insurance once you retire and even at 200 bucks a month that is Excellent considering the coverage you get....and you get mip, and a 401k match ...and the old timers still have a pension.....so in those regards you guys don't have it that bad... And you all can go out on stress leave when you feel a little "sad" with how the company has been treating you... We have to grind it out and start fighting back...I would guess your compensation is still good or better than 90% of the companies out there...
My "take home" is more in retirement than it was while I was working.

10 point

To be fair to upstate ... He has stated he has been to union meetings which is more than what some do to support their local but he defently plays both sides of the fence when it benefits him the most....I think his attitude toward the company would be a tad bit different if he worked in a building with 3 or 4 centers and hundreds of package car drivers....id bet the bank on that..
When employees hold the company liable for the CBA they agreed to you get the blowback even (and especially) in a small center. The ratio of hourly to management is greater and that will often pressure the hourly to cave in when the CBA language is transgressed by the company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I plan on speaking to the driver who asked for his 8 tomorrow to see if has any interest in filing a group grievance for everyone who worked on Saturday.

All they can do is say no.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Looks like we need to mesh your fund with Central States.:biggrin:
NFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dikembe Mutombo Uh Uh Uh NIH.jpg