Gloating over hall Charges

UniteandWin

Trump will be become a puppet. His dog and pony reality show will fold under pressure to the republicans who want to eliminate collective bargaining. NLRB, LABOR DEPARTMENT, controlled by Mike Pence type republicans, wake the friend up. Mike Pence is very chummy with the Koch bros. McConnell's wife as the new labor Secretary= Kentucky RTW= equals largest Air hub in the U.S RTW. Bet you didn't think of that when you voted for this clown.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I think we have had this conversation before. What is Joe Unionism? Are you ashamed to be a Union member? Are you totally clueless that a War is coming? This war will directly hit your wallet, its called National Right to work. You will become deskilled, not the best of the best workers, prevailing wage is under attack, and it will affect our contracts. I think we need as much unionism as we can get right now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I agree with this 100% which is why it shocked me to see how many members on this forum were planning to vote.

Many people, even poor ones think union is a dirty word and that we are all lazy. Any sort of corruption at the top only perpetuates the myth unions are all crooked.

Irishman Collins

To those of us that feel the need to rub the IBT leadership's nose in the dirt I say this:

Wake Up.

Whether you're a TU supporter or a H/H supporter this is a time of disgrace to all of us and it is also the fertilizer to accelerate RTW mentality.

There is responsibility laid at the feet of anyone doing wrong but gloating over the charges against the face of Teamsters everywhere is shortsighted and will only help destroy union credibility if this situation becomes mainstream media ammunition.
10 point, our Union has become weak and full of corruption. I think people should gloat over these charges. It shows the membership is disgusted by our current situation and desperately crying out for help. If all of this garbage continues we won't have a Union to talk about.

10 point

10 point, our Union has become weak and full of corruption. I think people should gloat over these charges. It shows the membership is disgusted by our current situation and desperately crying out for help. If all of this garbage continues we won't have a Union to talk about.
It's an embarrassment for all of us. Relief can be an emotion that is appropriate when wrongs are righted but corruption exposed in our union is failure for us all as a whole as seen by the outsiders looking in.
There's a fine line with repercussions.

10 point

No matter how you feel about Hoffa you have to realize that our base pay has gone up about $15 an hour in the last 18 to 19 years. Some people don't even make $15/hr after working years on their job.

I'm not a Hoffa fan either but having my pay increase $36,000 a year in the last two decades is nothing to sneeze about.
There is some good realized over the years and we have to be grateful for those issues.
Corrupt leadership has got to go but you have to see that we have it better than many.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think people should gloat over these charges. It shows the membership is disgusted by our current situation and desperately crying out for help.

I, (for one)....

Will never say, I am embarrassed by our IBT leadership.

Individuals are accountable for their own actions.

But, the people throwing stones (at glass houses).... have never been there.

And, never will be.

It's easy to criticize someone, from a lofty perch in your "Ivory Tower".

Your opinion would change, If you were in the trenches.

(actually doing something, to promote our Union)

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I, (for one)....

Will never say, I am embarrassed by our IBT leadership.

Individuals are accountable for their own actions.

But, the people throwing stones (at glass houses).... have never been there.

And, never will be.

It's easy to criticize someone, from a lofty perch in your "Ivory Tower".

Your opinion would change, If you were in the trenches.

(actually doing something, to promote our Union)

-Bug-

So, obstructing justice is ok in your eyes

Burr

10 point

To be fair, internal issues are given the venue to be dealt with internally. If they aren't dealt with swiftly enough and comprehensively it gets dealt with by outside agencies. Everyone knows this.

Everyone has responsibility for their own actions and for knowledge of illegal and unethical actions of members and leadership around them.

The OC issue didn't lead to arrests (yet) but there were several people who paid a price for what went on there. We watched this unfold and it angered many members. The OLMS reports on corrupt actions by union leadership are enough to give Unionism a black eye.

It's a bittersweet issue: Feeling relief that corruption is being weeded out of unions and being discouraged that it continues to be an issue today.

And there's really no one above reproach if you really look at life in general but there's some things you just can't do or be complicit in when you're an officer that scores of people depend upon to look out for their best interest.

Being "at the top of the hill" is a two edged sword because you absolutely cannot please everyone but knowingly breaking the law (literally and ethically) is without excuse and everyone knows there's a price to pay.

UniteandWin

When you are working to grind out good settlements at JAC levels on serious grievances, there is no TU or old guard just level heads and contract savants, trust me, ive been many times

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

When representing members, labels are thrown around by the most immature and uninformed members you know. When the adults are talking in the panel we are all Teamsters, we have a grievance procedure that that is follwed, and there is no internal politics involved.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

Trump will be become a puppet. His dog and pony reality show will fold under pressure to the republicans who want to eliminate collective bargaining. NLRB, LABOR DEPARTMENT, controlled by Mike Pence type republicans, wake the friend up. Mike Pence is very chummy with the Koch bros. McConnell's wife as the new labor Secretary= Kentucky RTW= equals largest Air hub in the U.S RTW. Bet you didn't think of that when you voted for this clown.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Elaine Chao, McConnell's wife, has been named Secretary of Transportation, not Secretary of Labor. She was Secretary of Labor under George W. Bush and Deputy Secretary of Transportation under George H. W. Bush.

Last edited:

Brown Spider

Elaine Chao, McConnell's wife, has been named Secretary of Transportation, not Secretary of Labor. She was Secretary of Labor under George W. Bush and Deputy Secretary of Transportation under George H. W. Bush.
After reviewing my post, I should have clarified that I agree with everything else that you said!