Global warming

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
No time to say hell, goodbye. I'm late - I'm late - I'm late.
Interesting quote. The White rabbit, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rabbit#Personality

In his article "Alice on the Stage," Carroll wrote "And the White Rabbit, what of him? Was he framed on the "Alice" lines, or meant as a contrast? As a contrast, distinctly. For her 'youth,' 'audacity,' 'vigour,' and 'swift directness of purpose,' read 'elderly,' 'timid,' 'feeble,' and 'nervously shilly-shallying,' and you will get something of what I meant him to be. I think the White Rabbit should wear spectacles. I'm sure his voice should quaver, and his knees quiver, and his whole air suggest a total inability to say 'Boo' to a goose!"[1]

Overall, the White Rabbit seems to shift back and forth between pompous behavior toward his underlings, such as his servants, and grovelling, obsequious behavior toward his superiors, such as the Duchess and King and Queen of Hearts, in direct contrast to Alice, who is reasonably polite to everyone she meets.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even if you take the Bible literally it does NOT say the world is only 6000 years old. That figure is from men trying to count back using lifespans of people mentioned but that is an attempt to try to add more to what the Bible says than what it actually does say.

av8torntn

av8torntn, if you would like to link to actual, peer reviewed papers, and post conclusions from them, that is fine, and I will discuss them, but WSJ and other editorial interpretations do not constitute 'science'.

I understand why you don't want to discuss what he said about his "science". He is a gift that keeps on giving.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Even if you take the Bible literally it does NOT say the world is only 6000 years old. That figure is from men trying to count back using lifespans of people mentioned but that is an attempt to try to add more to what the Bible says than what it actually does say.

So it's okay to have a cheeseburger, or some shrimp scampi? Or wear a blended fabric?

It's so confusing.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Where does the Bible say you can't eat a cheeseburger or a shrimp scampi? And you can't take the dietary restrictions from Old Testament and try to apply them to the New Testament church.
mixing meat and dairy, eating seafood without fins, that sort of thing. Which parts of the bible are we supposed to follow, just the new stuff, the old doesn't count?

it's so confusing.

roadrunner2012

Troll
And quotes from the scientists I gave.
And now you want to post about hats and cows. Go figure.
I gave complete quotes from the same scientist, you gave annotated quotes. I linked to scientific papers, you quoted (without attribution) from editorials.

Post a peer reviewed paper, and we'll discuss rationally. If you have nothing but editorialized opinions, just say so, but don't pass it off as science.

Rainman

Its all good.
mixing meat and dairy, eating seafood without fins, that sort of thing. Which parts of the bible are we supposed to follow, just the new stuff, the old doesn't count?

it's so confusing.
Dietary restrictions applied only to Jews. If you're not Jewish they don't apply to you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

There may well be climate change but the unproven assumption is whether it is caused by man's actions or just normal periodic climate swings.
What you fail to grasp is the rate of change. These changes which you claim are natural have never been at the rate they are changing. Again, the science is there. We know what effect greenhouse gases have in our atmosphere and we know how much human activity is adding to the atmosphere. Why that is so hard to understand, I do not know.

av8torntn

I gave complete quotes from the same scientist, you gave annotated quotes. I linked to scientific papers, you quoted (without attribution) from editorials.

Post a peer reviewed paper, and we'll discuss rationally. If you have nothing but editorialized opinions, just say so, but don't pass it off as science.

How do you figure that quotes from scientists refuting their own work is me trying to pass off something as science. You obviously are trying very hard so I'll play your game for you.

Non variance adjusted data showing no climate change for last 15 years. It actually shows a slight decrease in global temperatures and is taken directly from the data you wish to debate.

Variance adjusted shows no change in global temperatures.

The scientific method for those that feel there should be no debate in science.

Abstract of a paper challenging the link of carbon emissions to global warming.

The point is that I can link to articles for days but you guys are not really interested. I've had one poster devolve into name calling, one quit, so what's your move? The apparent problem for you is if you acknowledge any of these even to try and disprove them you implicitly imply that the science isn't settled.

This is a well known paper for those that have an open mind on the subject(not that I agree or disagree with it more to the point that the science isn't settled)