Global warming

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Sounds like the climate is changing.

Supposed to drop to 17 here tonight too. Schools have already closed for tomorrow.
They're not sure if it's gonna ice over yet, but they have already canceled school here too. 90%+ of public school kids ride the bus or walk to school, and the wind chill is supposed to be in the negatives.

My wife's principal has called child services many times about kids coming to school in shorts/without coats when it's freezing outside. 100,000 plus mostly poor students causes a lot of problems when the weather gets extreme like this.

Unfortunately they're out of designated "snow days", so it looks like she'll be working far into June this year.

av8torntn

They're not sure if it's gonna ice over yet,

Unfortunately they're out of designated "snow days", so it looks like she'll be working far into June this year.

They're predicting up to an inch of ice here. People are already losing power and I'm hoping it doesn't get very bad.

I'd hate to be a school kid here. They've missed so many days this year they will definitely have a short summer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They're predicting up to an inch of ice here. People are already losing power and I'm hoping it doesn't get very bad.

I'd hate to be a school kid here. They've missed so many days this year they will definitely have a short summer.
I wish they would just raise teacher pay to compensate them to work year round, among other things.

The kids (generation NOW) love it, they can't think far enough into to the future to realize they're losing their sunny summer days.

I've got my UPS vacation scheduled for july when it's gonna be 100+ degrees.... eye on the prize.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wish they would just raise teacher pay to compensate them to work year round, among other things.

The kids (generation NOW) love it, they can't think far enough into to the future to realize they're losing their sunny summer days.

I've got my UPS vacation scheduled for july when it's gonna be 100+ degrees.... eye on the prize.

I like it when the school year runs late , I get to enjoy some extra quiet days at the seashore .

av8torntn

Just clairifing, record snow is not record cold. They're probably just getting above average off shore flow. (aka Seattle rain) Seems this year has been a bit colder tho.

Just to clarify, I didn't think it would be snowing if it were sunny and 85. I understand that what we call snow in this context is water in a solid state.

Just to clarify, I didn't think it would be snowing if it were sunny and 85. I understand that what we call snow in this context is water in a solid state.
If it was 85 in Montana on feb. 28 the world would definitely be coming to an end.

oldngray

nowhere special
So instead of refuting the science you try to attack how the website looks instead? Makes your case look even weaker.