Global warming

Bringdough

oldngray,

Every time you post an 'expert' pontificating on climate it turns out he's not actually a climatologist, but is a signatory of "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".

@Bringdough, Do you ever wonder why the deniers always start their calculations with 1998? I'll tell you why, it was an 'El Nino' year. Do you ever wonder why they only take into account surface temperatures, when that is only 1/3 of the planet? It's because ocean temps have been rising at a faster rate.

The Pentagon believes that climate change is real and is a threat. The Pentagon is hardly a bunch of tree hugging libs.
I don't recall ever quoting anyone. Dr Roy Spencer isn't Algore, he's a climatologist. And as far as I'm concerned very reasonable in his thinking. You will never convince me of global warming because of the co2 in the atmosphere when it is a trace greenhouse gas, .004%!

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

I don't recall ever quoting anyone. Dr Roy Spencer isn't Algore, he's a climatologist. And as far as I'm concerned very reasonable in his thinking. You will never convince me of global warming because of the co2 in the atmosphere when it is a trace greenhouse gas, .004%!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Military brass have briefed Congress on what they feel is the largest potential threat that the US will face in the future - climate change. They intimated that it's likely a larger threat than terrorism.

They believe this is the case because the effects of climate change may, I repeat may, lead to major water scarcity around the world, catastrophic droughts, famines, and riots due to said situations.

(IIRC it was a joint study involving some oil companies and the Pentagon)...

Are they wrong?

Bringdough

The Military brass have briefed Congress on what they feel is the largest potential threat that the US will face in the future - climate change. They intimated that it's likely a larger threat than terrorism.

They believe this is the case because the effects of climate change may, I repeat may, lead to major water scarcity around the world, catastrophic droughts, famines, and riots due to said situations.

(IIRC it was a joint study involving some oil companies and the Pentagon)...

Are they wrong?
Are they career military or are political appointees. No, I don't believe they are correct. We know there are terrorist who want to kill us. Global warming, climate change, climate disruption, global cooling, ozone holes aren't going to kill us anytime soon, if at all.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

Um...

So you guys disagree with the Pentagon, OK, do you agree with Shell and BP Oil?

These two corporations that are in the business of selling, and therefore, burning OIL, agree that climate change is happening and that they will need to reposition themselves for the 'future' economy (I.E. water scarcity, rising global tensions, etc. etc.)

Are the executives of Shell and BP 'political appointees' or 'tree-hugging libs'?

I'm not sure you realize how close we are to global-resource-meltdown.

When people don't have enough water or food to consume, they turn 'terrorist' pretty quickly...

MAKAVELI

Um...

So you guys disagree with the Pentagon, OK, do you agree with Shell and BP Oil?

These two corporations that are in the business of selling, and therefore, burning OIL, agree that climate change is happening and that they will need to reposition themselves for the 'future' economy (I.E. water scarcity, rising global tensions, etc. etc.)

Are the executives of Shell and BP 'political appointees' or 'tree-hugging libs'?

I'm not sure you realize how close we are to global-resource-meltdown.

When people don't have enough water or food to consume, they turn 'terrorist' pretty quickly...
I guess Exxon is also in on climate change. Didn't know they were so liberal. Armageddon must be near.:eek:

Bringdough

I guess Exxon is also in on climate change. Didn't know they were so liberal. Armageddon must be near.:eek:
Could they be trying to get in on the green dollars the govt steals from you and me. This administration was handing it out like crazy. There is just too much bad science the greenies try to feed us as fact. It amazes me how little the sun cycles enter into this debate. The sun is the biggest factor. And once again, how does a trace green house, CO2, %.004, cause so much heating. It's just not logical to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Could they be trying to get in on the green dollars the govt steals from you and me. This administration was handing it out like crazy. There is just too much bad science the greenies try to feed us as fact. It amazes me how little the sun cycles enter into this debate. The sun is the biggest factor. And once again, how does a trace green house, CO2, %.004, cause so much heating. It's just not logical to me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You are off by a factor of 10. CO2 is .04%. What else are you exaggerating by a factor of 10?

Read this and try to comprehend:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sun-spots-and-climate-change/

Bringdough

You are off by a factor of 10. CO2 is .04%. What else are you exaggerating by a factor of 10?

Read this and try to comprehend:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sun-spots-and-climate-change/
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1406395900.644825.jpg
yes, I made a mistake with my decimal point. This picture shows what I'm trying to say. Still a very small part of greenhouse gases

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

View attachment 15015yes, I made a mistake with my decimal point. This picture shows what I'm trying to say. Still a very small part of greenhouse gases

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do understand that a small percentage can have a huge impact? Especially when the world's forests are being cut down. That percentage of co2 hasn't been that high in at least 800,00 years according to ice core samples.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...e-400-ppm-threshold-for-third-month-in-a-row/

roadrunner2012

Troll
NOAA Determines U.S. Precipitation Unaffected By CO2, Extreme Climate Change Non-Existent

http://www.c3headlines.com/2014/07/...change-not-observed-those-stubborn-facts.html

Science. Warm air holds more moisture than cool air, that's a fact. It is getting warmer, fact. Ask the folks in the upper Midwest if they've experienced a wetter Spring, or extreme flooding.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-altering-rainfall-patterns-worldwide/

http://www.climatehotmap.org/global-warming-effects/rain-and-snow.html

Anxiously awaiting your non-science based rebuttal from either a faith based group or the Heritage Foundation.

oldngray

nowhere special
Science. Warm air holds more moisture than cool air, that's a fact. It is getting warmer, fact. Ask the folks in the upper Midwest if they've experienced a wetter Spring, or extreme flooding.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-change-is-altering-rainfall-patterns-worldwide/

http://www.climatehotmap.org/global-warming-effects/rain-and-snow.html

Anxiously awaiting your non-science based rebuttal from either a faith based group or the Heritage Foundation.

Faith has nothing to do with it (other than your faith in the AGW lies). I have posted many scientific articles from reliable sources. As usual you attack the sources instead of countering with facts.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Faith has nothing to do with it (other than your faith in the AGW lies). I have posted many scientific articles from reliable sources. As usual you attack the sources instead of countering with facts.
Your 'sources' are bunk. C3 cherry picks data. In other words, they have an agenda, and pick certain data to support it. I took the time to look at their data points. They are bogus. By their own admission, they are:

"In summary, 'C3' is an anonymous, opinionated average person-pundit who primarily reports on, and sometimes analyzes/investigates (see examples here), climate science issues that the traditional mainstream press fails to report on or misrepresents. Caution: www.c3headlines.com is an opinion/interpretation column based on available facts, evidence, information and other person's opinions."

I have yet to see one reliable source from you, or the other belligerent poster from North TN.

moreluck

golden ticket member
(because the Indians are clueless about climate and won't survive...)

Another disgusting waste of our tax dollars.

Via CNS News:

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) plans to spend up to $450,000 in taxpayer dollars to teach Native American tribes in the Great Basin region ”climate adaptation plans” for their hunting, fishing and gathering activities.

“Due to climate change, the natural landscapes are becoming impacted,” and the “traditional practices for hunting, fishing, and gathering for ceremonial purposes” can potentially create further impacts,” according to BLM’s Cooperative Agreement announcement.

“It is important to educate those who are engaging in these gathering activities to reduce impacts on public lands. If tribes are able to develop adaptation plans for their gathering activities, they would have a process to follow that could reduce negative impacts on the landscape,” the Request for Applications (RFA) explains.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Subject: Climatechange~~ Really ???

Ian Rutherford Plimer is an Australian geologist, professor emeritus of earth sciences at the University of Melbourne, professor of mining geology at the University of Adelaide. He has published 130 scientific papers, six books and edited the Encyclopedia of Geology.

Born
12 February 1946 (age 67)
Residence
Australia
Nationality
Australian
Fields
Earth Science,Geology,Mining Engineering
Institutions
University of New England,University of Newcastle,University of Melbourne,University of Adelaide
Alma mater
University of New South Wales,Macquarie University
Thesis
The pipe deposits of tungsten-molybdenum-bismuth in eastern Australia(1976)
Notable awards
Eureka Prize(1995,2002),Centenary Medal (2003), Clarke Medal(2004)

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.
PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50p light bulbs with £5 light bulbs ..... well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt. Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt. Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it!!!!
Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.
Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why? It’s because the planet hasCOOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past few years and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"