Global warming

Packmule

If the earth's climate has never changed, why are the largest deposits of oil and coal laying under the world's largest deserts and or sparsely vegetated places? Ever been to eastern Wyoming or north Dakota? Or Saudi Arabia?
And why is it I can find fossilized seashells in a place 2000 miles from the nearest ocean? Earth does what she does as she always has. And when she's tired of puny man she will snuff us out like a bunch of prehistoric bugs. Till then, drill baby drill!

moreluck

golden ticket member
95mwbm.gif

Nimnim

The Nim
Wow, you people are still confused about the difference between climate and weather!?

I fully understand the difference between climate and weather. I also understand how much it's a hubris to think that humans can cause a major effect in climate when one volcanic eruption generates more co2 than what is claimed to be the problem caused by humans. We may influence the climate, but it's on such a small scale compared to the natural geological actions of the planet that even if we stopped 100% what is claimed to alter the climate it'll still happen though maybe a few decades slower.

oldngray

nowhere special
The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's stewardship of the environment. But we know that's not true. A United Nations official has now confirmed this.

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...e-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism.htm

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The alarmists keep telling us their concern about global warming is all about man's stewardship of the environment. But we know that's not true. A United Nations official has now confirmed this.

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-edito...e-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism.htm
No matter what evidence is produced, the TROLL PATROL will always believe mankind's activities are causing climate change.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Boston commuter boat becomes frozen , Coast Guard vessel needed to free it . Ice so tough CG vessel had to tow boat it .
Service cancelled .
Got to love that Global warming .

Sportello

Go ahead and explain the science to us. Don't link to a story on it, explain it.
Deaf ears.

Go ahead and do whatever you do, and believe whatever propaganda you choose, but don't tell me because it gets cold in the Winter, change is not happening. You say don't want links to facts, so why bother with my own words, you won't believe them anymore than facts.

There is no 'world domination' conspiracy, just a justified (by science) concern.

Record warmth in the Western US, BTW.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I'm not a scientist, or a liberal, but I just don't understand why anybody wouldn't choose to err on the side of caution concerning fossil fuels dependency/consumption.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not a scientist, or a liberal, but I just don't understand why anybody wouldn't choose to err on the side of caution concerning fossil fuels dependency/consumption.
Because they think it's bad for the economy.
I agree with you and I've made that point before here, it doesn't sit well with the deniers. They see green technology as unproven and too costly. I'm not sure if they realize how much of their retirement funds are invested in fossil fuels or not, but the people who give them the garbage they call news sure do.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Deaf ears.

Go ahead and do whatever you do, and believe whatever propaganda you choose, but don't tell me because it gets cold in the Winter, change is not happening. You say don't want links to facts, so why bother with my own words, you won't believe them anymore than facts.

There is no 'world domination' conspiracy, just a justified (by science) concern.

Record warmth in the Western US, BTW.
So you can't.
And by the way, this is not "RECORD WARMTH" on the west coast. This is our winter. A typical winter. Maybe a little drier than usual, but it happens.