God is ruining the world

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Right, we all feel that, so why fight about names?
I am not fighting. Just trying to enlighten in the way this terrible guy knows how. I do know that only Christianity says there is one way and one way only to see Heaven, Paradise, or whatever else you want to call it. I ain't getting on you man or thumping my Bible on your head. I believe in loving my fellow man and letting Jeus work on me. Ain't nobody perfect. I am a terrible person. Read some posts of mine on this site. I ain't proud of them. I am far from God right now. Trying to find my way back but I keep getting in the way.

F

Frankie's Friend

What if Buddha said the same thing?
He didnt.
Jesus said many false "christs" will rise up and declare themselves to be the messiah. Its not over yet. And there's more going in the dark spiritual realm than what is posted here.

Chose to believe or not to believe. That is the deal and no one can force someone to truly believe in someone or something that they don't want to.

That's the great and also personal thing about belief and faith or not.

Your choice won't affect me.

BrownArmy

this questions illustrates that many if not most of you religion bashers actually never try to understand what it is you're bashing.

And your response illustrates the exact same thing.

Pretty sure I’m not bashing ‘religion’ in my posts in this thread.

Jesus’s message and Buddha’s message are strikingly similar.

F

Frankie's Friend

Too bad Christianity isn't.
20180617_185504.jpg

Not true. Please don't exaggerate the issue of those who share their faith with others as intolerance.

BrownArmy

He didnt.
Jesus said many false "christs" will rise up and declare themselves to be the messiah. Its not over yet. And there's more going in the dark spiritual realm than what is posted here.

Chose to believe or not to believe. That is the deal and no one can force someone to truly believe in someone or something that they don't want to.

That's the great and also personal thing about belief and faith or not.

Your choice won't affect me.

I get it, you’re Christian, and you seem to be into it.

I’m not being flippant.

My point was that Jesus and Buddha have a similar message, and the solace you find in the idea of Jesus, others find in the idea of Buddha.

I’m not even Buddhist, but I like the books for their poetry, which is why I like the Bible, and the Rig-Veda.

The poetry...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Obvious to me. I can FEEL it. I am sure non-Christians may feel something as well. I can't explain it. I just know.
If you think that things happen for a reason you’re more likely to conjure up some sort of God to make sense of that. As we age, in general we think less teleologically --although interestingly, only in societies with a strong education system -- but nevertheless, we never quite lose our disposition to think that events are part some grand design. Even highly trained academics will slip unwittingly into teleology when put under pressure.

The Biological Basis of Belief

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
If you think that things happen for a reason you’re more likely to conjure up some sort of God to make sense of that. As we age, in general we think less teleologically --although interestingly, only in societies with a strong education system -- but nevertheless, we never quite lose our disposition to think that events are part some grand design. Even highly trained academics will slip unwittingly into teleology when put under pressure.

The Biological Basis of Belief
Wrong. I coulda cared less about anything before I was saved. My thinking did a COMPLETE 180 that day. Do I still do those things I was doing before Jesus? ABSOLUTELY and I ain't proud of it. The difference is that I never used to care about it. Now I have that voice in me that encourages me.

newfie

I get it, you’re Christian, and you seem to be into it.

I’m not being flippant.

My point was that Jesus and Buddha have a similar message, and the solace you find in the idea of Jesus, others find in the idea of Buddha.

I’m not even Buddhist, but I like the books for their poetry, which is why I like the Bible, and the Rig-Veda.

The poetry...

you've never read budha. their message is not similar . you're making this up as you go now.