Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're hopeless....you are a lost cause
Cach is a lost cause on many levels. :clown:

I think the last contract was a reflection of previous part-times now voting.
The part-timers got screwed so many times by active drivers in past contracts, they learned to be concerned about themselves in the right here and now.

I think a play could be made about this:
The Revenge of the Contracts Past

The Milkman

Cach is a lost cause on many levels. :clown:

I think the last contract was a reflection of previous part-times now voting.
The part-timers got screwed so many times by active drivers in past contracts, they learned to be concerned about themselves in the right here and now.

I think a play could be made about this:
The Revenge of the Contracts Past

So true........with a cast of many.

10 point

Was our profit low in 2007? Yes... But that was due to the one time payment to withdraw from Central States. In 2006 our net income was 4.2 Billion dollars on 47.4 billion of revenue. In 2007 our net income was 382 Million but adjusted Net income (taking out the impact of central states and other items was 4.4 Billion). That was on 49.7 Billion in Revenue. (Taken from the 2007 ANnual report). In 2013 our Net income was 4.4 Billion dollars with adjusted net income of 4.3 Billion on 55.4Billion in revnue. This is from the 2013 annual report. Your numbers are just wrong for profit.

In 2006 our domestic package avg daily volume was 13.8 Million/day in 2007 it was 13.9 Million/day. In 2013 our avg daily volume was 14.4 million/day and in 2012 it was 13.8 million/day. So you are wrong on the volume too.

These are numbers from the annual reports.
The UPS "Press Room" 2013 report says 16.9 million per day (including documents which fdx also offers and counts as service volume) in 2013 plus 2.5 million abroad.

Freight is listed separately with logistics. That's UPS's numbers not mine. That total may not have included the volume left stranded after Dec. 31st.

Last edited:

HereWeGoAgain

I've always worked the day after thanksgiving, something about dbl time plus holiday pay that just puts a smile on my face. When they gave this PCM i just saw $$$$$.. Ill be requesting 8 hours of work and end up picking up my UPS store like usual. Smiling all the way to the bank.

710 steward

I've always worked the day after thanksgiving, something about dbl time plus holiday pay that just puts a smile on my face. When they gave this PCM i just saw $$$$$.. Ill be requesting 8 hours of work and end up picking up my UPS store like usual. Smiling all the way to the bank.

If you request 8 hours you'll be screwing yourself out of additional double time. It is now a regular work day with holiday pay.

HereWeGoAgain

Nope, I'm in the central all hours worked are paid at dbl time. Done it three years in a row.. If you read the ups announcement it said all employees will be compensated accordingly.

710 steward

Nope, I'm in the central all hours worked are paid at dbl time. Done it three years in a row.. If you read the ups announcement it said all employees will be compensated accordingly.

What I saying is now that is a regularly scheduled day you are guaranteed 8 hours of pay. They'll most likely be loading us up and you'll be scheduled for more than 8 hours.

HereWeGoAgain

Ah, I gotcha now ..I have a feeling my center will still put up a sheet to work an actual. Just like they did last Christmas Eve & I was out till 8:30 lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It is not a regularly scheduled day. It is still a holiday where they are forcing people to work. No 8 hour guarantee.
Holiday or not you can always force your 8 if you're working. Every holiday we sign up to work there's a list to work and then circle yes or no for 8 hours.

HereWeGoAgain

I just can't see that much more volume going out. They will put a sheet up for paid actual or for 8 hour guarantee. It will just be air plus ground send agains. No feeder runs thanksgiving. Kinda like the day after Christmas.

710 steward

I just can't see that much more volume going out. They will put a sheet up for paid actual or for 8 hour guarantee. It will just be air plus ground send agains. No feeder runs thanksgiving. Kinda like the day after Christmas.

We will be making pickups for those businesses that are open. It won't be the full feeder fleet but feeders will be in operation too.

710 steward

I think everyone will be surprised just how busy that day will be.

Agreed, Amazon hasn't just changed the rules for us. They have now changed the rules for all companies trying to compete with them as well. This is going to work into just another day. Unfortunately the new goal MUST BE to keep this day paid at holiday rate and not make yet another give back next contract.

HereWeGoAgain

Ha, they CAN make you show up for three hours, and then wash windows if they don't have the work. If they send you home you just got five hours at Dbl time for being a stubborn prick!

PT Car Washer

Anytime you work your guaranteed your 8, holiday or not. They can't make you show up for 3 hours.
Almost all drivers that work the Friday after Thanksgiving would love to be off after 3 hours. When you know what December is going to be like with long hours heavy volume and bad weather and more money then you can spend, who needs more hours.