Grill It Baby!

Sirloin pork chops. baby Yukon gold potatoes.
20140828_185619.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We haven't done well grilling pizza up to this point. Our previous attempts have come out soggy, ugly because the uncooked pizza slid off the pick into a heap instead of a pizza, or the crust has burned. We tried again tonight and this one came out pretty well. My only complaint was that the crust could have been crispier, next time we'll try cooking it without the diffuser.

Before cooking
20140828_185843.jpg

Heated the grill up as high as it would go.
20140828_190347.jpg

Used a lot of corn meal on the pizza stone and the other stuff, made it easier to transfer from one surface to another.
20140828_190102.jpg

This one is half sausage and bell pepper and half sun dried tomato and artichoke hearts.
20140828_191903.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Crust right on the grate low heat has been my experience, but nothing wrong with a soggy crust. No such thing as bad pizza. The Chinese we ordered tonight, not so much.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Chicken thighs are thawing. Potato salad is made. Corn is cleaned. BBQ later.
Daughter & granddaughter are on the 241 toll road headed here from Vegas and will be here in about an hour. Granddaughter is staying for 2 weeks with us. Fun, Fun fun!

Don't worry, I'll still post on the Pres.Obama thread....I get up before everybody !!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We haven't done well grilling pizza up to this point. Our previous attempts have come out soggy, ugly because the uncooked pizza slid off the pick into a heap instead of a pizza, or the crust has burned. We tried again tonight and this one came out pretty well. My only complaint was that the crust could have been crispier, next time we'll try cooking it without the diffuser.

Before cooking
View attachment 16278

Heated the grill up as high as it would go.
View attachment 16280

Used a lot of corn meal on the pizza stone and the other stuff, made it easier to transfer from one surface to another.View attachment 16279

This one is half sausage and bell pepper and half sun dried tomato and artichoke hearts.
View attachment 16281

I go for 450 to 550. I cheat and use a pizza pan. I put two in at a time (grate and top rack), and check them after about eight minutes.

Use the diffuser, and don't peg the temps. You want both the crust and toppings cooked. Stabilize the grill at 450 to 550 first, and let everything heat soak.

Remember, when you're doing pizza, think oven and not grill. (And throw a few wood chips in the coals!)