Grill It Baby!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just ordered a Weber Smokey 14" charcoal grill for $30.
I have a gas grill but occasionally, only charcoal will do.

In the two months I've had my Akorn, I've used my gasser exactly twice.

Charcoal rules.

(Pizza tonight. Pictures later for Cheryl.)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Did you try that pizza dough recipe I gave ya? And When are you making baby back ribs, Cos?

Not yet, but I will. I also found one with no oil that is supposed to make a good thin crust. You will be the third or fourth to know.

Golfing tomorrow, so it looks like Monday for the ribs. Just gotta figure out who all will be here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not yet, but I will. I also found one with no oil that is supposed to make a good thin crust. You will be the third or fourth to know.

Golfing tomorrow, so it looks like Monday for the ribs. Just gotta figure out who all will be here.
I'm not a big fan of thin crust pizza....reminds me of pizza on a cracker. Ribs???? I'll be there with beers on! lol

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
For Cheryl,

pizza1.jpg

Starting a nice wide fire.

pizza2.jpg

Diffuser on.

pizza3.jpg

Grate and top rack on. (I use the rack if I'm just doing one pizza because it is hotter up in the dome.)

pizza4.jpg

Just about there.

pizza5.jpg

On the grill. Note the pan.

pizza6.jpg

And eight minutes later. I have found that 8-10 minutes at around 450º is the time to check it. You can always give it another minute or two.

Good luck.

Johney

Pineapple King
Hey man that looks like a Digiorno's! Just kidding. That looks good never cooked a Pizza on the grill may have to try it. We love to go out and get a good coal fired pizza.