Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yeah. That wouldn't be something an armorer or assistant director would be responsible for.

Actors act. And most people in hard left Hollywood probably wouldn't know how to operate a firearm safely to save their lives. That's what they pay the people in charge of set safety for.

Yeah, if you're personally operating the gun and there aren't people (supposedly professionals) who are paid specifically to ensure your gun is safe and people who are paid to yell "cold gun!" before it's even handed to you.
Bottom line, Baldwin was unqualified to handle a firearm. Ignorance is no excuse.

rod

Retired 23 years
No I’m sorry but the shooter is the final verification. I’ve spent many many hrs on shooting ranges and it’s rule number one that unless you have checked the weapon you treat it as loaded. And you certainly don’t point it at anything you don’t intend to shoot.
So you've never seen a Western or a War flick before? Guns are pointed at the enemy ALL THE TIME.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So you've never seen a Western or a War flick before? Guns are pointed at the enemy ALL THE TIME.
Don’t be so silly. And camera angles can make it look like they’re pointing at people. You sure you’re not hitting that private stash again?

rod

Retired 23 years
So all the war flicks and westerns I've seen are nothing but trick photography? I learn something every day.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So all the war flicks and westerns I've seen are nothing but trick photography? I learn something every day.
That’s what I heard from someone that worked on a movie set. I don’t know how it was done back in the day. More people were familiar with guns back then too

oldngray

nowhere special
They are supposed to have an aim point beside the camera. Never directly at the cameraman. Doesn't matter if the gun is loaded or not.