Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
No I’m sorry but the shooter is the final verification. I’ve spent many many hrs on shooting ranges and it’s rule number one that unless you have checked the weapon you treat it as loaded. And you certainly don’t point it at anything you don’t intend to shoot.
I don't think you understand what I am saying. I am agreeing with you and disagreeing with @Box Ox about the people "paid" to check the weapon is responsible. They probably are, in part, but not as much as the guy with the gun in his hand.

HMMM...maybe I didn't word it as well as I should have. Edited it.

Box Ox

You sidestepped my point and you're wrong about the shooter being the final verification and decision-maker of what he does with that weapon.

Tell me any sort of Hollywood movie or TV production safety police that has ever stated that the actor or actress is responsible for "final verification" and ensuring the safety of the firearms used on the set.

Look, you can play "everyone is responsible" to join the liberals that want to blame everyone but Biden, Errrr Baldwin, but you're just wrong. Sorry if that hurts!

You only think this is a political thing for me because it's definitely a political thing for you. ;)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't think you understand what I am saying. I am agreeing with you and disagreeing with @Box Ox about the people "paid" to check the weapon is responsible. They probably are, in part, but not as much as the guy with the gun in his hand.

HMMM...maybe I didn't word it as well as I should have
If that’s the case then we’re in complete agreement. Lol.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Tell me any sort of Hollywood movie or TV production safety police that has ever stated that the actor or actress is responsible for "final verification" and ensuring the safety of the firearms used on the set.

You only think this is a political thing for me because it's definitely a political thing for you. ;)
Ummm...I live in reality, not movie and TV land. I highlighted the important words for you.

You are deflecting the responsibility from Baldwin because:
1. You think he's a great person
2. You love him personally
3. You like his stupid Trump impersonations
4. You agree with his viewpoints.

Which is it?

UnionStrong

They used that gun for live fire target practice that day. Just that alone should have been a red flag for anyone handling that gun. You don’t know the protocols on a movie set when it comes to firearms and neither do I, but knowing that accidents can and do happen on sets, and in fact did happen earlier on this set, don’t you think it would be incumbent on you as the shooter to check the weapon for live rounds before you pointed it and pulled the trigger at another person? As our idiot president would say, ‘Come on man’

newfie

As a former management person i knew that the laws could hold me criminally negligent if I did not manage unsafe activity in my operations or allowed violations of laws or procedures.

I agree the actor is not normally responsible. Baldwin is also a producer of this film and in that sense he could be held responsible if he did not do his job to ensure his team complied.

One of the interesting lines of questioning i would love to see is to find out what gun safety guidance they received when he is radically anti NRA and i would think almost any and all Gun safety experts would likely be affiliated in some way with the NRA.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ummm...I live in reality, not movie and TV land. I highlighted the important words for you.

Which is it?
Prob none of those. People now have been raised to not take accountability for their actions. Its deep. To say that baldwin was ultimately responsible for not checking a firearm, then pointing it at a living human, pulling the trigger, killing her, would be going against a deeply ingrained ideal. That no mattee how bad you :censored2: up, its someone elses fault.

Box Ox

They used that gun for live fire target practice that day. Just that alone should have been a red flag for anyone handling that gun. You don’t know the protocols on a movie set when it comes to firearms and neither do I, but knowing that accidents can and do happen on sets, and in fact did happen earlier on this set, don’t you think it would be incumbent on you as the shooter to check the weapon for live rounds before you pointed it and pulled the trigger at another person? As our idiot president would say, ‘Come on man’

Who used the gun for live fire target practice? Was it Baldwin? If not, was Baldwin told the gun had been used for live fire target practice that day so it'd be a red flag for him? It probably should have been a red flag for the armorer whether Baldwin had been told or not, eh?

Which is it?

None of the above, actually. But I'd bet his stupid Trump impersonations are a big part of the reason you feel so strongly about him. ;)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Who used the gun for live fire target practice? Was it Baldwin? If not, was Baldwin told the gun had been used for live fire target practice that day so it'd be a red flag for him? It probably should have been a red flag for the armorer whether Baldwin had been told or not, eh?

None of the above, actually. But I'd bet his stupid Trump impersonations are a big part of the reason you feel so strongly about him. ;)
I have already admitted my animosity towards Baldwin, specifically because of his anti-Trump BS.
As a Conservative Republican, I have NO problem being honest and calling it as I see it.

Box Ox

Prob none of those. People now have been raised to not take accountability for their actions. Its deep. To say that baldwin was ultimately responsible for not checking a firearm, then pointing it at a living human, pulling the trigger, killing her, would be going against a deeply ingrained ideal. That no mattee how bad you :censored2: up, its someone elses fault.

People are hired and paid by productions that are required by law or union contract to ensure actors and actresses don't have to be concerned that they might accidentally shoot someone to death with a gun during the filming of movie or TV content, right?

I have already admitted my animosity towards Baldwin, specifically because of his anti-Trump BS.

Good. :)

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
So true.
They’ll argue to the bitter end until they find a nest of liberals to agree with their BS.

Poop Head

Judge me.
are hired and paid by productions that are required by law or union contract to ensure actors and actresses don't have to be concerned that they might accidentally shoot someone to death with a gun during the filming of movie or TV content, right?
Correct. But why? To absolve actors and actresses of responsibility while handling DEADLY weapons?

Box Ox

It’s not just here on BC.

Try the world!

My IRL problem exactly.

Correct. But why? To absolve actors and actresses of responsibility while handling DEADLY weapons?

I'm no industry expert but I'd guess the answer is yes. If the police are considering whether to criminally charge Baldwin over the shooting they'll of course take into account that the gun got past the armorer who is likely charged with ensuring its safety and that the assistant director yelled "cold gun" as a signal to Baldwin that the gun was safe to use. Probably not a very strong case for charging Baldwin right now.

UnionStrong

You obviously don’t have clue about firearm safety. His stupid impersonation of Trump is irrelevant. He was a horrible human being long before Trump was president. He should be charged along with the other 2 imbeciles. Do you know he wasn’t aware of the gun being used earlier? As executive producer he had to be aware of the earlier safety concerns and accidental discharge. Stop the nonsense and hand wringing for that idiot.

Box Ox

You obviously don’t have clue about firearm safety.

I've been using and have owned firearms since I was a wee lad. :)

He should be charged along with the other 2 imbeciles.

What should the charge or charges be?

Do you know he wasn’t aware of the gun being used earlier? As executive producer he had to be aware of the earlier safety concerns and accidental discharge.

The executive producer is the armorer?

UnionStrong

I've been using and have owned firearms since I was a wee lad. :)

What should the charge or charges be?

The executive producer is the armorer?
Negligent homicide my wee lad, even involuntary manslaughter. With you’re attitude towards gun safety it’s a wonder you haven’t shot yourself or someone else. 😂