Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

over9five

Staff member
You think each one should be investigated on its own merits.

That means you think not all unintentional discharges should be prosecuted.

Because I believe in responsibility, the 'merits' are whether the gun shot someone. Pretty easy to prove.

So....enlighten me. What unintentional discharge situations shouldn't be prosecuted?
A rabbit hole I'm not going down. I'm all in favor of everyone having their day in court.

wilberforce15

Me: Gun owners are responsible for what their gun does.

Gun owners: "EFAEMF :SEKFHSWEFE,, MAYBE JNOT SOMETIMES THEY SHOUDL HAVE THEIR DAY IN COURT>@>ERR@

oldngray

nowhere special
Which means you think not all unintentional discharges are prosecutable negligence.

So, you're doing exactly what I said - removing blanket responsibility from gun owners.
You believe in guilty until proven innocent.

What law has everyone violated?

Stupid actions are not always criminal.

wilberforce15

Absolutely. Everyone deserves their day in court.
So you're affirming that a gun owner may not be responsible for what his gun does.

And I support the day in court as well. The court should have to prove that his gun expelled a bullet and hurt someone or something or was discharged where it's not legal to shoot. That's the end of the case. If it did, he's guilty.

wilberforce15

You don't own a gun.
20211024_162946.jpg

Oh man, Google had this great image of Wilberforce daily carry. I'm glad I found one perfect for this situation so I could fake ownership.

Glock 19 in a crossbreed super tuck.

wilberforce15

So you finally admit not all accidental discharges are criminal. There may be hope for you yet.
You are willfully adding stupid context that was never part of the discussion. I submit that I didn't have enough foresight of your stupidity, and I did not add "Unless you're only negligently shooting your own country dirt"