Guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually two good guys with guns.
Due to a local law , the media can not id them.
Two off-duty officers, one a Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission agent and the other a Houston police officer, killed the shooter before she could kill anyone inside the church, which was preparing to host a Spanish-language service

RangerMan06

Two off-duty officers, one a Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission agent and the other a Houston police officer, killed the shooter before she could kill anyone inside the church, which was preparing to host a Spanish-language service
Appears to be a radical Muslim. Wonder if it will be considered a hate crime. RickyB will be by shortly to claim the attack was justified

vantexan

811 cause I'm about to dig a hole
And if you're a 28 yr old woman who's afraid of guns? Some kid whose mom works overnight and he's home alone? An 83 yr old half blind widower who is holed up in his bedroom? Million examples of people needing cops when the time comes. And if you're a 35 yr old with a 32 yr old wife and two small kids if you have any sense instead of saying I got this you call for help too.

vantexan

Cops doing the right thing. Shocking.

vantexan

Off duty so they were acting as private citizens
Armed and trained. Attending church. Not the type that folks here are making all cops out to be. Hey @Integrity here's an example of all or nothing thinking! All cops are this. All corporations are that. All mentally ill think they're in the Matrix. All.......or nothing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
And if you're a 35 yr old with a 32 yr old wife and two small kids if you have any sense instead of saying I got this you call for help too.
Why on earth, as a 35 year old man with dependents would I abdicate my responsibility of protecting my family?

In the event of a firearm requiring emergency, 5 minutes might as well be 5 hours.

RangerMan06

Why on earth, as a 35 year old man with dependents would I abdicate my responsibility of protecting my family?

In the event of a firearm requiring emergency, 5 minutes might as well be 5 hours.
If Someone breaks into my house at 3am, one of us isn't making it to 4. I like my chances

Last edited:

RangerMan06

And if you're a 28 yr old woman who's afraid of guns? Some kid whose mom works overnight and he's home alone? An 83 yr old half blind widower who is holed up in his bedroom? Million examples of people needing cops when the time comes. And if you're a 35 yr old with a 32 yr old wife and two small kids if you have any sense instead of saying I got this you call for help too.
Absolutely a need for cops. In this scenario I'll need them to haul a lifeless corpse off my property and take my statement.