Half Empty? NFL

wayfair

swollen member
Really? I couldn't have named 10 players who on a consistent basis took a knee. Now you can't find a team not going out of it's way to make a statement.

Yea, he should have said that they all should take a knee, and they'd probably all stand just to spite him.... idiots

JL 0513

I know I'll never watch another NFL game again. I bet Kaepernick didn't think he'd end up costing the NFL billions. It will be billions, trust me.

BrownArmy

I know I'll never watch another NFL game again. I bet Kaepernick didn't think he'd end up costing the NFL billions. It will be billions, trust me.

I never watched NFL before, and I certainly won't start watching now.

Are you saying you won't watch NFL because of the first amendment?

Strange.

JL 0513

I never watched NFL before, and I certainly won't start watching now.

Are you saying you won't watch NFL because of the first amendment?

Strange.

The 1st Amendment has nothing to do with the action of these players.

I'm getting really sick of so many people citing the freedom of speech on this issue. It's really telling to see so many people not even know our rights.

This is a private business where these players are on the clock! The NFL/teams have every right to restrict any action these players take while "on the clock".

Name a job where you're allowed to protest while you're working. That would be like UPS paying our hourly wage while on strike, LOL.

Is having a beard not "freedom of expression"? So why can UPS ban drivers from having beards? Do you get it yet?

BrownArmy

The 1st Amendment has nothing to do with the action of these players.

I'm getting really sick of so many people citing the freedom of speech on this issue. It's really telling to see so many people not even know our rights.

This is a private business where these players are on the clock! The NFL/teams have every right to restrict any action these players take while "on the clock".

Name a job where you're allowed to protest while you're working. That would be like UPS paying our hourly wage while on strike, LOL.

Is having a beard not "freedom of expression"? So why can UPS ban drivers from having beards? Do you get it yet?

So, the team owners are incorrect when they have come out in support of their players 'taking a knee'?

JL 0513

So, the team owners are incorrect when they have come out in support of their players 'taking a knee'?

The team owners were left in a very tough spot. Support their players OR their customers. They chose players. Going to be very, very bad for business and it's a business first and foremost. These owners are in for billions of their own money to buy these teams and this whole episode is going to cost them dearly.

JL 0513

Imagine if a UPS driver were caught on video swearing up a storm to a customer in a crazy tirade. This went public and it also went public that the driver would receive no punishment from UPS. UPS chose the driver over the customer. Would that be good PR for UPS?

MAKAVELI

Imagine if a UPS driver were caught on video swearing up a storm to a customer in a crazy tirade. This went public and it also went public that the driver would receive no punishment from UPS. UPS chose the driver over the customer. Would that be good PR for UPS?
Imagine if you called s customer a son of a bitch and demand they been fired.....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not sure that's a valid comparison, quietly kneeling down vs "swearing up a storm in a crazy tirade". I feel pretty confident that if UPS saw a video of me taking a knee during the anthem nothing would happen.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm not sure that's a valid comparison, quietly kneeling down vs "swearing up a storm in a crazy tirade". I feel pretty confident that if UPS saw a video of me taking a knee during the anthem nothing would happen.

as long as you were off the clock

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Even on the clock. Seriously, I don't think they would really have any recourse.
I don't participate in reciting the pledge of allegiance at the start of my locals union meetings. They don't kick me out or limit my adult beverages after the meeting.

bbsam

Staff member

This is a private business...

So do they have the right NOT to restrict these actions?

bbsam

Staff member
The team owners were left in a very tough spot. Support their players OR their customers. They chose players. Going to be very, very bad for business and it's a business first and foremost. These owners are in for billions of their own money to buy these teams and this whole episode is going to cost them dearly.
How much do you think it will cost them?

JL 0513

This is a private business...

So do they have the right NOT to restrict these actions?

Of course, which so far they are allowing it with financial consequences.

The argument here is that people are saying they have the general right to protest. Yes, but not while on the clock for a private organization if that organization doesn't want it. But if that private business doesn't stop you, then that's their business.