Has Obama Just Insured A 2nd Term?

Odd thing about those numbers. I would be in the camp that says wrong direction but not because of Obama, but because of the Tea Party and people like Scott Walker. So what do you think is being portrayed by the numbers?
It would be impossible to know without an accompanying poll to ask why. Given the way the poll was stated, I suspect partisanship was responsible for most of the answers of "on the right track". How could anyone, regardless of party affiliation, be happy with the way things are going?
I'm not as ready to condemn the tea party as you, but I can't say I would vote for Walker if I lived in Wi. I don't like laws being railroaded through legislation.....period.

bbsam

Staff member
This is what I don't get. Obama gave in on extending tax cuts, agreed to largest single year cut in spending, showed some real balls in foreign affairs and defense, continued the Bush policy of corporate and mortgage bailouts, kissed the ass of the financial industry, and tried to bring some of the sucking up to main street and only gets blasted for being a liberal. Truth is, like most presidents, he's found himself steered straight down the middle with only minor changes made. Oh. Health care. That is pretty big. What is UPS's official position on Obamacare? I'm guessing they stay pretty quiet on that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What I can't understand is why Ma. ( a single party state , dem ) also voted to kill public unions , just like WI did ?

That would be good for you if it were true, before you jump on that bandwagon, why dont you actuall research what happened first. FOX led you down a trail to looking dumb. Look up the mass governor and see what he sez about this issue.

Peace.

This is what I don't get. Obama gave in on extending tax cuts, agreed to largest single year cut in spending, showed some real balls in foreign affairs and defense, continued the Bush policy of corporate and mortgage bailouts, kissed the ass of the financial industry, and tried to bring some of the sucking up to main street and only gets blasted for being a liberal. Truth is, like most presidents, he's found himself steered straight down the middle with only minor changes made. Oh. Health care. That is pretty big. What is UPS's official position on Obamacare? I'm guessing they stay pretty quiet on that.
LOL, Bush was a middle dweller too and was bashed for being a republican, 0bama moved there after being elected.
I suspect you may be right about UPS and the Teamsters too. It's pretty simple, both will save a bit of cash under 0bama care.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gov. deval patrick, aka cadillac deval, another friend of bhos from Chicago, would not sign it. But the larger question remains, why would a totally democratic controlled house pass such a measure ?

bbsam

Staff member
LOL, Bush was a middle dweller too and was bashed for being a republican, 0bama moved there after being elected.
I suspect you may be right about UPS and the Teamsters too. It's pretty simple, both will save a bit of cash under 0bama care.

That brings up an interesting angle. Suppose the republicans find a suitable candidate and the push for repeal seems to be coming alive. Where do large corporations spend their campaign donations? Quietly in the Obama campaign or are there other concerns that drag on Obama's appeal to business? They would have to be pretty large to off-set the potential health-care savings of private business. Business might not even be adverse to a slight tax increas given those savings. Seems like business might actually prefer the republican field remain week, keep the campaign donations, and reap the finacial rewards of future elimination of employer financed health insurance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
According to the department of labor, no president since the World War II has won re-election with unemployment anywhere near this high.

That brings up an interesting angle. Suppose the republicans find a suitable candidate and the push for repeal seems to be coming alive. Where do large corporations spend their campaign donations? Quietly in the Obama campaign or are there other concerns that drag on Obama's appeal to business? They would have to be pretty large to off-set the potential health-care savings of private business. Business might not even be adverse to a slight tax increas given those savings. Seems like business might actually prefer the republican field remain week, keep the campaign donations, and reap the finacial rewards of future elimination of employer financed health insurance.

That's possible. companies are going to do just about anything to maximize profits.
That's why I was surprised to see how much money UPS was giving to the republican party. Of course we all know that the battle over fedex's status is the primary reason. If fedex was unionized UPS would be fine with the Teamsters, for a while.

moreluck

golden ticket member
President Barack Obama's Complete List of Historic Firsts[/h]

Yes, he's historic, alright.......

• First President to Violate the War Powers Act

• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels

• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico

• First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law

• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party

• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs

• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters

• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees

• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places

• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It

• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies if they Publicly Speak out on the Reasons for their Rate Increases

• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory

• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago

• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case

• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts

• First President to Golf 73 Separate Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This little gem should make him winning a second term easy,:wink2:
Beginning January 1, 2013, ObamaCare imposes a 3.8% Medicare tax on unearned income, including the sale of single family homes, townhouses, co-ops, condominiums, and even rental income. … This new ObamaCare tax is the first time the government will apply a 3.8 percent tax on unearned income. This new tax on home sales and unearned income and other Medicare taxes raise taxes more than $210 billion to pay for ObamaCare.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, He told us he was going to pay for Obamacare with all the $$$ he was going to get from stopping all the fraud.......you mean he was lying? And that means that he knowingly lets fraud go on and does nothing? Gee, I'm, so dis-illusioned.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gee, He told us he was going to pay for Obamacare with all the $$$ he was going to get from stopping all the fraud.......you mean he was lying? And that means that he knowingly lets fraud go on and does nothing? Gee, I'm, so dis-illusioned.

He should have put 5% taxes on junk food, like we have ! Obesity not only kills, but also adds to a huge healthcare cost.
We know booze and cigs are taxed for that reason, so why not junk food ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those damn Mormons are having too many kids and draining the welfare system.......let's put heavy taxes on diapers in Utah !!! :knockedout:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Michelle Obama: 'I can't stop eating French fries. But eat your vegetables...'

You'd think she'd tell her 'party' to at least have a pleasant look on their faces while looking at local foods......bunch of sour pusses!! See the kid in the black jacket, arms crossed, totally does not want to be there!!