Helene aftermath

Next Day Err

I mean, she’s the tie breaking vote in the Senate and a place holder for the POTUS. It’s by definition a position that’s not meant to be in the spotlight. But she’s an anchor point to get what you would need from the federal government as a state governor. You don’t give the VP the cold shoulder unless you’re playing politics and trying to look tough.

Thebrownblob

I mean, she’s the tie breaking vote in the Senate and a place holder for the POTUS. It’s by definition a position that’s not meant to be in the spotlight. But she’s an anchor point to get what you would need from the federal government as a state governor. You don’t give the VP the cold shoulder unless you’re playing politics and trying to look tough.
Wouldn’t she be playing politics if she denied government assistance because of her feelings?

Next Day Err

Well, I hope she wouldn’t, and if she’s not then who cares.
She’s not going to work to prevent aid to Floridians just because DeSantis is acting like a child. She’s pointing out how irresponsible it is to not speak to the second most powerful figure in the executive branch.

But DeSantis got what he wanted out of it. People are talking about him. Good for him.

Thebrownblob

She’s not going to work to prevent aid to Floridians just because DeSantis is acting like a child. She’s pointing out how irresponsible it is to not speak to the second most powerful figure in the executive branch.

But DeSantis got what he wanted out of it. People are talking about him. Good for him.
He got what he wanted when he never said anything about it until she did? That’s amazing that he can control her reaction so that he can benefit and get what he wants. 😂 that’s pretty impressive you have to admit.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not in my backyard? Can bet that if the relief funds were for their voters the vote would have been different.
Again, the question is why they didn’t vote for it. What was attached to the bill? I never condemn a politician for down voting a bill without seeing WHY they did. I haven’t read about this one so I honestly don’t know. Maybe when I have a few minutes I’ll see for myself.

Thebrownblob

Don't forget to grab them by the pusillanimous!
1728416319152.gif

Johney

Pineapple King
No, he's not.

47% favorable approval rating.

DeSantis is not "very popular". Let's get that straight.
Do you even live in Florida? He's very popular here and if polls show he's not it's likely due to asshats from New York or Commifornia that moved here to get away from that stupidity.
That was a bad move on his part but the job he’s done for the state of Florida outweighs it by far. @Johney do you agree
Not sure. I know he's done good as any politician can do considering. Castle Doctrine, a plus, not sure I agree with concealed carry without a permit, but hey criminals will do it regardardless.