Holding on to yesterday

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What in the world does the silly woman above have to do with
"Holding On To Yesterday?"

This is the lady we should be celebrating!!!!!!

1092418900_9087.jpg
almost forgot about her!! I had a Sat RED for her once,,,a cook book!! she lived in The People Republic Of Cambridge Ma. she was the same in person as t.v nice lady!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Something you may not know about Julia Child.....

At the outbreak of World War II she joined the Office of Strategic Services, predecessor to the Central Intelligence Agency, seeking adventure in exotic locales. After a stint in Washington she was sent abroad as she had wished, but she worked as a file clerk, not as a spy, and her experience was distinctly unglamorous - she traveled on troop ships, slept on cots, and wore army fatigues.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also, tried to find the video of Dan Akroyd doing a SNL sketch where he imitates Julia child and it's rellay funny.....couldn't find it on YouTube.

Covemastah

Nice list Sammie !! And Satellite I have also read that somewhere about Capt Kangaroo !! How bout this guy as a great American from yester yr !

10105809B~Ted-Williams-Posters.jpg

He did a helluva good job. Ted only batted .406 for the Red Sox. He batted a thousand for the Marine Corps and the United States." - John Glenn HMMMMMMM Would Manny ever stand up to this guy!!!!
Greatest hitter who ever lived,batted .406 went 5/8 in doubleheader & could of sat out to hold on to .399999 rounded to .400! hit .388 at 38 yrs old, gave up 5 yrs of prime to fight, Helped raise $$$ for cancer ridden children! Belly crash landed a jet so it wouldn't be lost,risking his life!Best wingman & fighter I ever saw "john Glenn" REAL AMERICAN HERO THIS GUY!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nice list Sammie !! And Satellite I have also read that somewhere about Capt Kangaroo !! How bout this guy as a great American from yester yr !

10105809B%7ETed-Williams-Posters.jpg

He did a helluva good job. Ted only batted .406 for the Red Sox. He batted a thousand for the Marine Corps and the United States." - John Glenn HMMMMMMM Would Manny ever stand up to this guy!!!!
Greatest hitter who ever lived,batted .406 went 5/8 in doubleheader & could of sat out to hold on to .399999 rounded to .400! hit .388 at 38 yrs old, gave up 5 yrs of prime to fight, Helped raise $$$ for cancer ridden children! Belly crash landed a jet so it wouldn't be lost,risking his life!Best wingman & fighter I ever saw "john Glenn" REAL AMERICAN HERO THIS GUY!!!

John Glenn played baseball?

over9five

Staff member
"I don't care about holding on to yesterday, but she definitely has something I would love to hold on to!"

Yeah baby! Excellent comment from my Mass brothah!!!!

slantnosechevy

Steve McGarret redefined cool on t.v never needed to know his sex life,he just got his man every week.
Matt Dillon was the John Wayne of T.V {still is}
Steve McQeen cool
Eastwood cool
Balboa cool
Joe Montana cool
Deniro & Pacino both cool & bad ass!WHO THE HELL IS COOL TODAY????
Hank AAron HR champ {still}
guys who hit 30 /35 homers every yr without juice all cool!!

Grand Torino...Badest 80 year old man in the world. Cool isn't a good enough word.

Jack Lord's only downfall was when he played Felix in the James Bond flick Dr. No. Wearing those stupid looking ladies sunglasses and trying to look inconspicuious. He redeemed himself in Hawaii 5-0.

Covemastah

NOT A WAR HERO!!! didn't even know what yr he was in Cambodia! Thank God he didn't find his way to the White house!! Not A WAR HERO
But a confirmed Bullship artist!!

images

over9five

Staff member
NOT A WAR HERO!!! didn't even know what yr he was in Cambodia! Thank God he didn't find his way to the White house!! Not A WAR HERO
But a confirmed Bullship artist!!

images

Copy that! Didn't he get a Purple Heart for a scratch on his arm? Some real bogus injury anyhow.

slantnosechevy

Did you know that Tim Reed was related to the Lone Ranger. He is the great nephew of the lone ranger (the same man created both heroes) . Green Hornet's father was Dan Reid which is the same name of the lone ranger's nephew. I think Dan Reid got the silver mine(the one from which the silver bullets came from)and the money went into starting a publishing empire that Tim Reid(green hornet) controls. two side kicks , tonto and kato, two syllable names that end with a "to". Pretty cool!

Who was Tim Reed?? Van Williams played Britt Reid. Loved the garage. Turn the ratchet hanging on the wall, then the lights dimmed to green and then the floor revolved and brought up Black Beauty. One of the coolest Hollywood cars ever. " To protect the lives of decent citizens rides the Green Hornet". Gotta say I liked the Green Hornet better than Batman. Batman was too campy, although the very first time we watched it I thought it was cool. "Batteries to power, turbines to speed, roger, lets roll" The Batmobile was cool especially when the Riddler tried to destroy it and couldn't.

Covemastah

Yesterdays heros

The only Team to win the World Series 3 games to 4 lol
When basketball was great !!!
BirdMagic_290.jpg

When a President made America feel great!

reagan.jpg

Covemastah

A sad day from yesteryear, I was watching the PATS / MIAMI game when Howard Cosell told us the news! I Bet we all remember what we were doing when we heard this!!:sad-very::sad-very:

newyorkpostdecember91980.jpg

slantnosechevy

Yesterdays heros

The only Team to win the World Series 3 games to 4 lol
When basketball was great !!!
BirdMagic_290.jpg

When a President made America feel great!

reagan.jpg

Thanks Ronnie for deregulation. Look around. As this economy continues to fall look no further than the guy who planted the seed. After Jimmy Carter Alfred E. Newman would've looked good.