Holding on to yesterday

Big Babooba

Steve, you might get stugged for posting this photo. He's my former center manager!:happy-very:
Bozo_1948.jpg

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Steve, you might get stugged for posting this photo. He's my former center manager!:happy-very:
Bozo_1948.jpg

Bozo the Clown (if this is BOZO) used to give me nightmares. Ever since I saw the movie "IT" I swear I used to avoid walking close to a sewer drainage opening when I walked to school. Didn't Bozo's hair used to be a little more wild? He must have had just come from a salon.

P

pickup

Hey stug, I am trying to figure out where that picture was taken obviously it goes way back , but is that one of the "elmhurst" gas tanks in the background? I forgot about wonderrama ? That takes me back, thanks for the trip

P

pickup

Thanks Ronnie for deregulation. Look around. As this economy continues to fall look no further than the guy who planted the seed. After Jimmy Carter Alfred E. Newman would've looked good.

a man who went from running a union (Screen Actors Guild) to ruining many unions.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hey stug, I am trying to figure out where that picture was taken obviously it goes way back , but is that one of the "elmhurst" gas tanks in the background? I forgot about wonderrama ? That takes me back, thanks for the trip

Glad I could return the favor. I believe that's the same tanks that were later painted with checkerboard pattern (red and white). I'm not sure if it's Elmhurst, though it very well could be. I know that they were imploded some years ago.

I grew up in the Cooper Park projects that were right in front of them. My niece still lives in my Moms old apartment. I think that picture was taken near Grand street in Bushwick, angled that way. I'll research this and get back to you.

DS

Fenderbender
I always liked Ernie from "My three sons",Hey uncle Ernie,can I have a sandwich to spoil my dinner?.....Barry Livingston...Then and now
thenandnow.jpg

P

pickup

Glad I could return the favor. I believe that's the same tanks that were later painted with checkerboard pattern (red and white). I'm not sure if it's Elmhurst, though it very well could be. I know that they were imploded some years ago.

I grew up in the Cooper Park projects that were right in front of them. My niece still lives in my Moms old apartment. I think that picture was taken near Grand street in Bushwick, angled that way. I'll research this and get back to you.

Im pretty sure that is one of the elmhurst gas tanks . I looked on a map and if you were standing on grand street in elmhurst looking east , you would be able to see the gas tanks from there. They were indeed demolished a few years ago. When there were backups on long island expressway near that area( news reports would say "by elmhurst gastanks"

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Im pretty sure that is one of the elmhurst gas tanks . I looked on a map and if you were standing on grand street in elmhurst looking east , you would be able to see the gas tanks from there. They were indeed demolished a few years ago. When there were backups on long island expressway near that area( news reports would say "by elmhurst gastanks"

Ahhh, and there you have it. We used to shop on Grand st. or Metropolitan Ave.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
THIS IS THE MAN BEHIND DEREGULATION,,,,,NOT REAGAN!!

Should also be behind bars for murder,but not in good old Ma. were Camelot is alive & well!!
Rest in peace Mary Joe !!

images

images

moreluck

golden ticket member
Trpl.....those old western stars brought back memories. I don't watch Western genre movies anymore, but I did as a kid. I even had a Hopalong Cassidy cowgirl shirt & skirt with fringe on it. Loved Topper, his horse.

If I didn't recognize some of the names, I recognized the faces.:happy2:

Trpl.....those old western stars brought back memories. I don't watch Western genre movies anymore, but I did as a kid. I even had a Hopalong Cassidy cowgirl shirt & skirt with fringe on it. Loved Topper, his horse.

I get to watch some just about everyday. Dish network carries the western channel..I think it's part of Starz.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

That's funny, more, because this is how I pictured you.
jessie.gif

disneyworld

Bozo the Clown (if this is BOZO) used to give me nightmares. Ever since I saw the movie "IT" I swear I used to avoid walking close to a sewer drainage opening when I walked to school. Didn't Bozo's hair used to be a little more wild? He must have had just come from a salon.
Does he really need "the clown" after his name? Is he going to be confused with Bozo the District Attorney?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Does he really need "the clown" after his name? Is he going to be confused with Bozo the District Attorney?

Ahhhhh...you must a young buck. If you grew up in my era "Bozo the Clown" was a popular kids TV program. Everyone who remembers it refer to him as "Bozo the Clown". Bozo the District Attorney sounds like a failed TV pilot.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ahhhhh...you must a young buck. If you grew up in my era "Bozo the Clown" was a popular kids TV program. Everyone who remembers it refer to him as "Bozo the Clown". Bozo the District Attorney sounds like a failed TV pilot.
LOL I remember Bozo the Clown.