How secure are we?

9.5er

I work in a small center. No guards no fence no sense of security. It doesn’t really bother me though. I’m glad to only have a 50 yard walk into the building instead of 2 blocks like some of the bigger centers I’ve been to.

Est.1998

I work in a small center. No guards no fence no sense of security. It doesn’t really bother me though. I’m glad to only have a 50 yard walk into the building instead of 2 blocks like some of the bigger centers I’ve been to.
It takes me about 5-8 mins from my car to the diads

FreedomOne

Sat waiting on a trailer in California to take to New York. Watched a woman walk right past an EMPTY guard shack(through the front gate) and disappear. I thought maybe she was bringing hubby dinner or such. Naw. Just a homeless living across the street in some concrete pipes. Guess she had to pee? I thought they just did that wherever they were. She absolutely had the run of the whole place-inside and out. I have watched cars full of people and on foot, walk right into our facility having access to the Air dock and whatever. You can imagine the possibilities.

We have no guard shack and our gates and doors are always unlocked and normally wide open. Zero security other than cameras. All are welcome.

quad decade guy

We have no guard shack and our gates and doors are always unlocked and normally wide open. Zero security other than cameras. All are welcome.

And yet, smile wrong to the right person and you are gone. But really, I shudder to think of air docks or any potential sabotage etc. And yet, there it is.

AwashBwashCwash

Man the idea of a guard shack and security to get into UPS is so weird to me.
Here we park in a dirt lot across the road and just walk into the building whenever we want.
All day the building is left open with the big overhead doors wide open with no one there at all. You can drive by and see packages just laying under the belt from the road.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Here we park in a dirt lot across the road and just walk into the building whenever we want.
All day the building is left open with the big overhead doors wide open with no one there at all. You can drive by and see packages just laying under the belt from the road.
Your building sounds like my building, except we don’t have a separate parking lot. The yard is our parking lot.

Est.1998

Our hub looks like a federal penitentiary.

Poop Head

Judge me.
main-gate-railroad-nazi-concentration-camp-auschwitz-birkenau_100655-652.jpg
Our hub looks like a federal penitentiary.
This is the entrance to the railyard

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Been at ups 15yrs and I can only remember 2 years where we had an unarmed security guard that would sit in his car near the entrance. Always thought the same thing that anyone could walk up and nothing we could do about it.

JL 0513

It takes me about 5-8 mins from my car to the diads

I wouldn't have picked UPS as a career if parking was that far away from building.

Our parking is lined up less than 20 feet from building.

No guard shack, no security.

I have to imagine the cost of a manned guard shack and security costs more than occasional theft.

Est.1998

I wouldn't have picked UPS as a career if parking was that far away from building.

Our parking is lined up less than 20 feet from building.

No guard shack, no security.

I have to imagine the cost of a manned guard shack and security costs more than occasional theft.
I like to look at the walk as a "warmup"