How's peak?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Correct me if I'm wrong....

I thought you were a PT that quit ?
ynW8j5HymHW0.gif

purehavanne

I am running an extra feeder job. Last year, the hubs were really hard to get in and out of, this year, piece of cake. Last year, 13-14 hours on the clock, did not have hours to work a 6th day. This year, 10 hours is my long day 9s for the rest of the week, last night, I had my 1st ever 8 hour day in feeders. It was everything I dreamed it would be.
I know we have pvd in package but how are they managing to make the feeder work lighter??

barnyard

KTM rider
I know we have pvd in package but how are they managing to make the feeder work lighter??
Contractors pulling some loads. Off site storage areas for trailers has freed up a ton of space. Last year, it took 90+ minutes to get into and out of STPMN because of the congestion. With the empties gone, there is space to drop loads. We have only had one day this year where lots were so full that loads were dropped in the driving lane. That was a nightly occurrence last year. This year, we are dropping some of our CPU loads at MGRMN, instead of STPMN. I have gone to the railyard with a dolly, picked up loads and gone straight to my center, instead of others bringing them to MINMN and me building the set there. Lots an lots of things that end up saving a ton of time. Last year, most days, I was on the clock for 13.5 hours. This year, most days are 9-10ish hours.

Everything was running so much later last year, that when I was trying to leave STPMN at 10:30, there was a line of package cars trying to get in.

This year, all the loads are getting to my building by 6a which is allowing the preload to finish before air arrives.

Last edited:

BuriedInCardboard

The snow jacked up volume for a couple days. All the PVDs called out. And all the PVD routes that got left behind had management scrambling. A lot of guys were bringing back 30-80 stops for a couple days then they attached a PVD onto every driver behind today and got things back to normal.