How's peak?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Guys are in denial if they don’t think volume is down. We’ve only had a couple of days that would be “peak” type days. The rest have been lack luster at best.

We keep hearing “wait till tomorrow”, well we’re running out of “tomorrow’s”. We have way too much capacity for what we’re getting, clearly UPS pissed off the wrong accounts and kissed the asses of the wrong ones as well.
Same at our hub. This peak was definitely lackluster. I thought it was going to be a :censored2: show, lol.

charm299

LOL! I wouldn’t get out of bed for $16 an hour. Those are Amazon wages. Sad thing is those fools don’t get OT pay until after their 10th hour.
Are you kidding me? Do you not see the commercial for Amazon with the guy living in the nice house in the suburbs supporting a family of four?

BeachBoy

Desert Mountain Region, working in the hub. Most package cars are light for peak, lots of POV's.
My last day off was Thanksgiving, next will be Christmas. The volume is there, just disbursed. Right now, I'm doing 7 days with about 70 hours a week total. As a "part time worker", my pre-tax paychecks are way more than some of the newer drivers are making.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Desert Mountain Region, working in the hub. Most package cars are light for peak, lots of POV's.
My last day off was Thanksgiving, next will be Christmas. The volume is there, just disbursed. Right now, I'm doing 7 days with about 70 hours a week total. As a "part time worker", my pre-tax paychecks are way more than some of the newer drivers are making.
POVs?
@Indecisi0n bruh

tech209

Light as hell ..... pulling resi stops and using PVD more and more..... plus had me drive in while I was running misloads to save up our DOT time for Saturday just to give the rest to a PVD to run

21Savage

Not using a helper this year. It’s been 13 hour days all week.
View attachment 320865View attachment 320867
I couldn’t open the rear door because a couple irregs in the back were jammed up against it. So I had to clear this crap from the front. It took me a good three hours just to get the aisle clear.

Looks like a cake all resi route. What are those 3 totes for if you don't have pickups?

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's actually been pretty normal here, not light, not heavy, just like last year's peak. We are in a rare center that, at a local level, does not want PVDs but are forced to run a few anyways. It's just not a good city to run them in. Amazon is learning that quickly too. despite surging heavily into the suburbs.