How's vacation bidding coming along...

dezguy

Haven't even heard a peep about it.

Probably won't hear anything about it till SFA is over. We have so many newer drivers; them being unable to get any time off in the summer became a real hot button issue, last year.

SmithBarney

Hasn't even been announced yet... OMG we didn't even get a print out for 2020, ours is still posted on a wall with handwritten names on calendars, including names of folks who left or retired...

Stat41

We have finished our vacation weeks and are onto single days next week. The manager in charge is doing what I believe is a good job this year. I plan on telling him so.

fatboy33

We have finished our vacation weeks and are onto single days next week. The manager in charge is doing what I believe is a good job this year. I plan on telling him so.
That's the key. Through the years, most managers hate doing vacation and wish they didn't have to do it. I say, it should be rotated every year. This way every all of management understands the process plus they get a break from it every 2 or 3 years.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's the key. Through the years, most managers hate doing vacation and wish they didn't have to do it. I say, it should be rotated every year. This way every all of management understands the process plus they get a break from it every 2 or 3 years.
One of our couriers who did computer work for the managers used to take care of the vacation scheduling for us and did it very well. Trouble came when he went on vacation and one of the managers had to take over. That's when a lot of screw-ups happened.

!Retired!

We just handed in full weeks requests (due by Monday). Broken weeks and single days due by Thursday, so this should go quick. I usually get what I need, but not usually what I want.

NC man

start monday, But we have several weeks where only 50% can be off and some only 80% of the allotted slots, of course DEC is blocked.
for example Labor day week only 4 people can be off, normal week is 8. Day after Turkey day only 4 can be off .Does your station do the same? Even this year only 4 off the week after Christmas and week after New Years day.

NC man

they also lump csa s into drivers bid. Which has nothing to do with each other, they dont drive and we dont work the counter or in the office