How's vacation bidding coming along...

Stat41

start monday, But we have several weeks where only 50% can be off and some only 80% of the allotted slots, of course DEC is blocked.
for example Labor day week only 4 people can be off, normal week is 8. Day after Turkey day only 4 can be off .Does your station do the same? Even this year only 4 off the week after Christmas and week after New Years day.

Same here. Every years seems like more weeks get blocked.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Some stations do it to prevent staffing issues during desirable weeks and swings with nothing to do during undesirable weeks. We ran into the latter the last station I worked as an hourly. Weeks in February that no one was off and swings with nothing to do. Asked for LWOP volunteers and would assign LWOP days if there weren't enough volunteers.

fatboy33

they also lump csa s into drivers bid. Which has nothing to do with each other, they dont drive and we dont work the counter or in the office
That's wrong. If a CSA in on vacation is a courier floater going to cover for the CSA? lol.

fatboy33

They get the best of both worlds. 50 percent block date however once the day comes around, and they're overstaffed, they can always count on someone willing to go home, if asked, for free. At our station, they'll say 50 percent but if someone asks after the fact, theyll probably get squeezed in. They understand too many drivers are not leaving when asked to go home for free and milked the day with nothing to do.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
All the newbies will be getting discount tickets to Splash!Splash! Water Park in February, because that is the only month left to bid on.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They get the best of both worlds. 50 percent block date however once the day comes around, and they're overstaffed, they can always count on someone willing to go home, if asked, for free. At our station, they'll say 50 percent but if someone asks after the fact, theyll probably get squeezed in. They understand too many drivers are not leaving when asked to go home for free and milked the day with nothing to do.
Does your station have a wish list for days that are blocked or full?

fatboy33

Does your station have a wish list for days that are blocked or full "and like that, he's gone".
No. Just don't book all vacation days and when the desired day comes, without any update to the vacation schedule".......AND like that, poof, he's gone."

!Retired!

All the newbies will be getting discount tickets to Splash!Splash! Water Park in February, because that is the only month left to bid on.
Our first round is finished. I'm amazed how few people are off in April. I think each week only has 2-3 people off. One thing I forgot to look at is if I wanted any of the 'prime weeks', would I have gotten them.