I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

democrats and republicans both agree on destroying the economy:

Public Citizen‏Verified account @Public_Citizen 4h4 hours ago

BREAKING: 16 Senate Democrats just joined Republicans in passing the #BankLobbyistAct — a massive rollback of the Wall Street reforms enacted after the 2008 financial crash.

DYSIx5WX0AAm_2B.jpg

rickyb

capitalist inefficiency. they want you to keep buying new things. compatibility is a major issue...which gets you to buy new things.

for example instead of making an external memory on my mp3 player, all of my previous sony and apple models had non removable memory, so when the mp3 player breaks, you lose the memory as well. my china knockoff brands have external memory.

rickyb

step one: cut taxes on the rich and increase debt as fast as you can.
step 2: use higher debt as justification for cutting social program spending.

This was the largest spike in the gross national debt over a period of 132 reporting days, going back to 2011. Perhaps during the depth of the Financial Crisis, when all heck was breaking loose, and when credit was freezing up, and when millions of people lost their jobs, and when the government stopped receiving payroll deductions from them, and when capital gains turned into losses, and when corporations were drowning in red ink and not paying taxes either, in other words, when tax receipts collapsed due to the crisis, and expenditures for unemployment and other things jumped, well then the debt might have increased more sharply in a time span like this. But not since then."

US Gross National Debt Spikes $1.2 Trillion in 6 Months, Hits $21 Trillion

rickyb

A likely relatively better economy than in 2009? Really???

AView attachment 185648
the sky did fall in 2009. millions of americans foreclosed on, marriages destroyed, lost their jobs, shook their babies brains to jelly, and commit suicide. way more than whatever those terrorists did on 9/11

its possibly better than 2009 but im guessing unionization rate is lower now, and theres probably less manufacturing jobs now.

Last edited:

the sky did fall in 2009. millions of americans foreclosed on, marriages destroyed, lost their jobs, shook their babies brains to jelly, and commit suicide. way more than whatever those terrorists did on 9/11

its possibly better than 2009 but im guessing unionization rate is lower now, and theres probably less manufacturing jobs now.
You are so dramatic.

rickyb

Schifter and Ochisor were two of the millions of victims of the new economy. Corporate capitalism is establishing a neofeudal serfdom in numerous occupations, a condition in which there are no labor laws, no minimum wage, no benefits, no job security and no regulations. Desperate and impoverished workers, forced to endure 16-hour days, are viciously pitted against each other. Uber drivers make about $13.25 an hour. In cities like Detroit this falls to $8.77. Travis Kalanick, the former CEO of Uber and one of the founders, has a net worth of $4.8 billion. Logan Green, the CEO of Lyft, has a net worth of $300 million.

The corporate elites, which have seized control of ruling institutions including the government and destroyed labor unions, are re-establishing the inhumane labor conditions that characterized the 19th and early 20th centuries. When workers at General Motors carried out a 44-day sit-down strike in 1936, many were living in shacks that lacked heating and indoor plumbing; they could be laid off for weeks without compensation, had no medical or retirement benefits and often were fired without explanation. When they turned 40 their employment could be terminated. The average wage was about $900 a year at a time when the government determined that a family of four needed a minimum of $1,600 to live above the poverty line.

The managers at General Motors relentlessly persecuted union organizers. The company spent $839,000 on detective work in 1934 to spy on union organizers and infiltrate union meetings. GM employed the white terrorist group the Black Legion—the police chief of Detroit was suspected of being a member—to threaten and physically assault labor activists and assassinate union leaders including George Marchuk and John Bielak, both shot to death.- chris hedges

rickyb

freedom is slavery:

Mark‏ @realMarkB33 Mar 27

So you’re telling me that all I have to do is

Spend four years in college

Graduate with massive debt

Spend 50 hours a week in a cube

Spend 10 hours a week in traffic

Then I can achieve the dream of an ugly house in the suburbs?

Sign me up!

rickyb

wow tiered pay sucks. this economy sucks. i noticed alot of the :censored2: jobs are hiring right now on my dog walks.

i realized im gonna have to quit my decent job to do a practicum for my school a few years from now. im gonna try and find a better job now.

wow tiered pay sucks. this economy sucks. i noticed alot of the :censored2: jobs are hiring right now on my dog walks.

i realized im gonna have to quit my decent job to do a practicum for my school a few years from now. im gonna try and find a better job now.
You should stay away from any job that wants to hire and pay you on merit. I’m afraid of the emotional state it might put you in.

Better yet, just start your own job etopia. And stop being part of the problem.

rickyb

You should stay away from any job that wants to hire and pay you on merit. I’m afraid of the emotional state it might put you in.

Better yet, just start your own job etopia. And stop being part of the problem.
yea im looking for a unionized job.

normally my friend is a emergency mechanic for one of those canadian automobile associations, so maybe he can get me a job at the counter.

i already tried one of the local cooperative jobs here. id make more money sticking with my current job than working there in 4 years including profit sharing. not sure after that.

rickyb

i heard theyre privatizing the VA.

if they told me to fight their stupid criminal wars, id spit on the flag.

i feel bad for all the soldiers who got tricked into fighting these wars.