I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

Chelsea E. Manning liked

hasanabi

@hasanthehun
·
2h

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
Quote Tweet

KggFqa8t_mini.png

Ben Collins

@oneunderscore__
· 15h
Everything's going great on the very active public Ivermectin Facebook groups. Only a few people taking 10x what everyone else is taking, wondering what to do with a bottle of the injectable kind with a picture of cattle on it, or begging for earnest medical advice.

rickyb

i view my hospital job different than all my other jobs i did. if i didnt show up to work at my other jobs and no one did the work, i could care less. but here if i dont show up then quality of healthcare drops.

rickyb

The place would crumble without you is that it? I’m glad you take your job seriously but everyone is expendable
yea for example if i dont show up then theres one less person giving ecgs and quality of care drops. maybe that person has a stat for ICU, one of the wings, and ER at the same time. they will have to decide who to prioritize since theres one less tech. they could and shouldve already had more than enough employees but because of austerity or whatever reason they dont.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
yea for example if i dont show up then theres one less person giving ecgs and quality of care drops. maybe that person has a stat for ICU, one of the wings, and ER at the same time. they will have to decide who to prioritize since theres one less tech. they could and shouldve already had more than enough employees but because of austerity or whatever reason they dont.
Can’t they train a monkey or something?

rickyb

Can’t they train a monkey or something?
thing is they didnt.

i mean i guess its the same for all my jobs since i suppose railway and ups driver and a guy who cleans cars is interconnected to people's health but alot of those jobs has nothing to do with that. ups and railway were transporting consumer goods for mediocre ppl who in many cases dont actually need it.

rickyb

Viroquan

Viroquan

2 hours ago (edited)

As a rural poor living in the US, I feel the sting of classism every single day. Only Americans don’t understand which class we’re in. When I lived in the UK - everyone knew which economic class they were in. Working class, lower middle class, etc. Middle Class there means PMC - have power. Americans need to know what class you’re in to know which side you are on!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Viroquan

Viroquan

2 hours ago (edited)

As a rural poor living in the US, I feel the sting of classism every single day. Only Americans don’t understand which class we’re in. When I lived in the UK - everyone knew which economic class they were in. Working class, lower middle class, etc. Middle Class there means PMC - have power. Americans need to know what class you’re in to know which side you are on!
we do it by color code

UnionStrong

Viroquan

Viroquan

2 hours ago (edited)

C7B4E5E3-C872-4B0F-AEC0-37D376B7EE55.jpeg

rickyb

my father is so far in the matrix he believes if union workers strike they are worse off than if they dont. work slow down? seems more risky if you really put on the brakes.

rickyb

jesus h christ my cc bill was $4400 and i have no memories of actually doing anything fun. $1400 for car insurance which is likely a tax of some sort, school was $300, hospital parking which is a tax...middle class is dying a slow death.

UnionStrong

jesus h christ my cc bill was $4400 and i have no memories of actually doing anything fun. $1400 for car insurance which is likely a tax of some sort, school was $300, hospital parking which is a tax...middle class is dying a slow death.
Maybe you got drunk and hired a couple of hookers?🤔

rickyb

Maybe you got drunk and hired a couple of hookers?🤔
i had probably 5 or 6 beers the whole month.

i went to a restaraunt 3x or so...

think groceries was $600. my dad saved me so much money living with him holy :censored2:, he would only charge me $100 for groceries plus $500 for rent.

some of it was moving costs, like i bought 3 plastic tables, small freezer which is still way too big, a fan.

rickyb

my income is 3100 after tax per month working part time last 2 months, cc bills are 3866 average last 3 months, 2 of those were 900 for my rent, this month my rent wasnt on my CC so its another $500 on top of that, i spend $150 on flights every month. i drive basically one of the smallest cars out there and its cheap. CC is already going to be out of control next month i have to spend money on wheels and winter tires, and anti rust spray because the provincial govt is too cheap to put sand on the road.