I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

rickyb

I wiĺ now detail the complete destruction of the middle class.

In 1970s nyc u could rent an apartment for 35 a month. its now 3500. up 100x. But wages have not gone up 100x, not even close.

rickyb

Michael hudson says china is trying to get citizens to buy more housing for same dollar whereas the west workers buy less housing for the dollar bc price keeps rising

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Michael hudson says china is trying to get citizens to buy more housing for same dollar whereas the west workers buy less housing for the dollar bc price keeps rising
A majority of the population lives near the coasts and other waterways, thus forcing rising house prices due to the lack of available housing in these regions.
Meanwhile, in less sparse interior areas , housing units are either stable or falling do to economic reasons and lack of demand.

In my coastal town, all the cheap housing stock is being bought up, remodeled and resold at a higher price. Thus excluding a certain percentage of the population from living here.

rickyb

A majority of the population lives near the coasts and other waterways, thus forcing rising house prices due to the lack of available housing in these regions.
Meanwhile, in less sparse interior areas , housing units are either stable or falling do to economic reasons and lack of demand.

In my coastal town, all the cheap housing stock is being bought up, remodeled and resold at a higher price. Thus excluding a certain percentage of the population from living here.
housing across canada is rising but not sure how that breaks down based on the regions.

but 1 example which just blows me away is as a hospital clerk moms 1 bedroom condo back in the day was 1.5x her income when vancouver pop was 1,000,000

nowadays, a condo in thunder bay pop 100,000 and murder capital of canada not to mention remote, it would be 5x a clerks income.

so something is very amiss. if you look up debt to incomes too its at all time high. i think its wat ppl say about student loans that borrowing money drives up the price in part

rickyb

capitalism is an extension of the death instinct in all of us. our capacity to destroy in this case by over consumption. some ppl are better at destroying than others.

rickyb

Stephen Punwasi Volcano Rocket
@StephenPunwasi
·
Jan 6
People in Vancouver used to say prices will rise at least 9% per year, and I used to joke they'd have a $1 billion crackshack by 2098.

Now I'm getting emails from people saying 20% per year, from every small city in Canada.

Can't wait for all the billionaires by 2058.

rickyb

These housing tv shows never criticize the system of declining puchasing power of ur dollar against price of housing. Must not make good enteryainment.

Maybe there will b future tv show where homeowners are shooting at invaders in the apocalypse from their house

rickyb

I brought you brothers here today to start our own fraternity
Broke Phi Broke, we ain't got it
Broke Phi Broke (we ain't got it)
No, we have no money
We are sharin' jeans
If I go outside, I got the only clothing on
How many cars do we own? (None!)
How many cars do we own? (None, sir!)
Should we let our woman go and be with the cat with the car?
(Yes, we will!)
Why? Because we can't afford gas. Say it with me!
(We can't afford no gas!)
Say it!
(We can't afford no gas!)
So we ain't drivin'!
@UnionStrong